[Answered]  Two Launcher Questions

How will my performance be affected if I remove the stopper from my launchers (e.g. my Hasbro sword launcher)? And how do I stop my launchers from skipping gears? I'm not afraid of modding since there are no tournaments near me.
This is not the forum for soliciting Illegal Beyblade Modifications. If you want rcommendations in that area, the topic in the Your Creations forum with that title is the appropriate place for your query.

If your launcher is skipping, it could be due to ratcheting the prongs of the launcher while attaching a Beyblade, or the launcher's internal gear or ripcord's teeth could be broken or worn down somewhere resulting in a failure of contact. Removing the locking mechanism will just cause your launches to be weaker because the bey will have nothing to prompt its release.

The best kind of launcher care is always preventative; don't click the beyblade once you've attached it to your launcher because that will wear out your clutch, and don't yank the ripcord too hard at the start of your launch because the launchers aren't designed to handle that much torque all at once over many uses.

If you can disassemble your current launcher to diagnose which of these may be the cause of your current launcher's failure, then you will know what to avoid doing with your next launcher. It's not likely you will be able to fix it without the use of another Hasbro launcher, and if you would have to buy a new one to fix it, you would be much better off getting a Long Beylauncher LR instead.