[Answered]  The Mechanic Papa's launcher

So if some of you remember,in MFB era,there was this youtuber called The Mechanic Papa.He made this crazy powerfull custom launcher which he then sell.Unfortunately he doesn't have his youtube channel or his shop.I was hoping if there is someone who is good with customizations and engineering who could help me identify the parts that are needed and list them for me.If you are really good at this,I would love to have some kind of guide of process with tips how to make it.
Here are the videos I could find with this launcher:
https://youtu.be/_6NcUfT9oCo
https://youtu.be/Yc0YP6YjuOA
https://youtu.be/cqr3Do82fPg
https://youtu.be/mneLdWZfX9o
https://youtu.be/cA86Jx2sjng
I appreciate every help.
MechanicPapa's launcher design uses the following hardware:
  • (2) ¼ × ⅝ × 0.196 inch shielded ball bearings;
  • (1) ¼ inch hex bolt, 2 inches length;
  • (2-3) ¼ inch hex nuts;
  • (1) ¼ inch T-nut;
  • (2) 1½ inch washers;
  • (1) Launcher prongs;
  • (1) Housing unit for parts;
  • (1) Nylon string & handle.
All of this stuff is easily found on Amazon or your local hardware store.

Meanwhile, I've been re-engineering this design for a little while now and have managed to build couple working prototypes.

[Image: VXkcwcE.jpg]

I still want to make a single piece that combines the launcher prongs, washers and nuts to reduce part count, but I've held off on it because I figured there wasn't enough interest in the design itself. If enough people want something like this, though, I could release the current files onto ShapeWays and finish up that last part if it would help. Just lmk.
(Nov. 10, 2019  5:57 PM)Angry Face Wrote: MechanicPapa's launcher design uses the following hardware:
  • (2) ¼ × ⅝ × 0.196 inch shielded ball bearings;
  • (1) ¼ inch hex bolt, 2 inches length;
  • (2-3) ¼ inch hex nuts;
  • (1) ¼ inch T-nut;
  • (2) 1½ inch washers;
  • (1) Launcher prongs;
  • (1) Housing unit for parts;
  • (1) Nylon string & handle.
All of this stuff is easily found on Amazon or your local hardware store.

Meanwhile, I've been re-engineering this design for a little while now and have managed to build couple working prototypes.

I still want to make a single piece that combines the launcher prongs, washers and nuts to reduce part count, but I've held off on it because I figured there wasn't enough interest in the design itself. If enough people want something like this, though, I could release the current files onto ShapeWays and finish up that last part if it would help. Just lmk.

Thanks you so much.I think this will surely activate Cho-Z wings.Or not? And can I launch in just one direction or can it be LR somehow?Also these parts are for the type which has gear multiplier right?
(Nov. 10, 2019  7:03 PM)DynamisSK Wrote: Thanks you so much.I think this will surely activate Cho-Z wings.Or not? And can I launch in just one direction or can it be LR somehow?Also these parts are for the type which has gear multiplier right?

"I think this will surely activate Cho-Z wings.Or not?"
Probably? But if you watched MechanicPapa's videos on Burst, you can see they tend to explode on launch or shortly after. I haven't used mine with many burst beys, but I find a dash drivers help reduce that immediate bursting on launch.

"And can I launch in just one direction or can it be LR somehow?"
Yes, but that depends on what kind of launcher prongs you attach. If you use dual spin burst prongs, then you can change direction just by wrapping the string clockwise or anti-clockwise.

"Also these parts are for the type which has gear multiplier right?"
No, this is based on his simpler design. For the gear multiplier, you'd need some extra parts, but I've never looked for them and I don't think I'll ever tackle his gear multiplier design. It's too scary and cumbersome for me. ?
(Nov. 10, 2019  7:20 PM)Angry Face Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2019  7:03 PM)DynamisSK Wrote: Thanks you so much.I think this will surely activate Cho-Z wings.Or not? And can I launch in just one direction or can it be LR somehow?Also these parts are for the type which has gear multiplier right?

"I think this will surely activate Cho-Z wings.Or not?"
Probably? But if you watched MechanicPapa's videos on Burst, you can see they tend to explode on launch or shortly after. I haven't used mine with many burst beys, but I find a dash drivers help reduce that immediate bursting on launch.

"And can I launch in just one direction or can it be LR somehow?"
Yes, but that depends on what kind of launcher prongs you attach. If you use dual spin burst prongs, then you can change direction just by wrapping the string clockwise or anti-clockwise.

"Also these parts are for the type which has gear multiplier right?"
No, this is based on his simpler design. For the gear multiplier, you'd need some extra parts, but I've never looked for them and I don't think I'll ever tackle his gear multiplier design. It's too scary and cumbersome for me. ?

"No,this is based on his simplier design."
But it's still more powerful than long string launchers right?
(Nov. 10, 2019  7:37 PM)DynamisSK Wrote: "No,this is based on his simplier design."
But it's still more powerful than long string launchers right?

Just did some quick launch speed measurements and I averaged about 4000rpm with the Long Beylauncher LR. Couldn't get many good readings with my MechanicPapa style (MPS) launcher because I had difficulty making controlled shots, but the readings were generally 1000+rpm higher. Is the trade-off in control for power worthwhile? Maybe, but it depends on a lot of other factors.
Well I mean can stock combo of Cho-Z Spriggan and his burst stopper prevent burst from launch?And I can throw away control since my friend has really big stadium so even if I lose control there is stil chance for winning.And I want to use Cho-Z Spriggan mainly with this launcher.Is there any risk of bey breaking?
(Nov. 10, 2019  9:49 PM)DynamisSK Wrote: Well I mean can stock combo of Cho-Z Spriggan and his burst stopper prevent burst from launch?And I can throw away control since my friend has really big stadium so even if I lose control there is stil chance for winning.And I want to use Cho-Z Spriggan mainly with this launcher.Is there any risk of bey breaking?

I just launched Cho-Z Spriggan 10T.Br successfully several times with my MPS launcher, so I think it should detach fine if built right.
(Nov. 11, 2019  12:44 AM)Angry Face Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2019  9:49 PM)DynamisSK Wrote: Well I mean can stock combo of Cho-Z Spriggan and his burst stopper prevent burst from launch?And I can throw away control since my friend has really big stadium so even if I lose control there is stil chance for winning.And I want to use Cho-Z Spriggan mainly with this launcher.Is there any risk of bey breaking?

I just launched Cho-Z Spriggan 10T.Br successfully several times with my MPS launcher, so I think it should detach fine if built right.

And wings activated right?
(Nov. 11, 2019  12:54 AM)DynamisSK Wrote:
(Nov. 11, 2019  12:44 AM)Angry Face Wrote: I just launched Cho-Z Spriggan 10T.Br successfully several times with my MPS launcher, so I think it should detach fine if built right.

And wings activated right?

Oh yeah, for sure. 1000rpm+ basically guarantees that, lol.
(Nov. 11, 2019  12:57 AM)Angry Face Wrote:
(Nov. 11, 2019  12:54 AM)DynamisSK Wrote: And wings activated right?

Oh yeah, for sure. 1000rpm+ basically guarantees that, lol.

Oh ok.Do you have Discord where we can talk about it more?
(Nov. 10, 2019  5:57 PM)Cara de bravo Wrote: O design do iniciador do MechanicPapa usa o seguinte hardware:
  • (2) Rolamentos de esferas blindados de ¼ × ⅝ × 0,196 polegadas;
  • (1) sextavado de ¼ polegada, 2 polegadas de comprimento;
  • (2-3) porcas sextavadas de ¼ polegada;
  • (1) Porca T de ¼ polegada;
  • (2) arruelas de 1 ½ polegada;
  • (1) Pontas do lançador;
  • (1) Unidade de alojamento para peças;
  • (1) Corda e alça de nylon.
Tudo isso é facilmente encontrado na Amazon ou em sua loja de ferragens local.

Enquanto isso, eu tenho feito uma reengenharia desse projeto por um tempo e consegui construir alguns protótipos definidos.

Ainda quero fazer uma única peça que combinar os pinos do iniciador, arruelas e porcas para reduzir a contagem de peças, mas me segurei porque percebi que não havia interesse suficiente no design em si. Se um número suficiente de pessoas quiserem algo assim, eu poderia liberar os arquivos atuais no ShapeWays e terminar a última parte, se isso ajudar. Apenas lmk.

How much do you sell such a model for?

(Nov. 10, 2019  5:57 PM)Cara de bravo Wrote: O design do iniciador do MechanicPapa usa o seguinte hardware:
  • (2) Rolamentos de esferas blindados de ¼ × ⅝ × 0,196 polegadas;
  • (1) parafuso sextavado de ¼ polegada, 2 polegadas de comprimento;
  • (2-3) porcas sextavadas de ¼ polegada;
  • (1) Porca T de ¼ polegada;
  • (2) arruelas de 1 ½ polegada;
  • (1) Pontas do lançador;
  • (1) Unidade de alojamento para peças;
  • (1) Corda e alça de nylon.
Tudo isso é facilmente encontrado na Amazon ou em sua loja de ferragens local.

Enquanto isso, eu tenho feito uma reengenharia desse projeto por um tempo e consegui construir alguns protótipos funcionais.

Ainda quero fazer uma única peça que combine os pinos do iniciador, arruelas e porcas para reduzir a contagem de peças, mas me segurei porque percebi que não havia interesse suficiente no design em si. Se um número suficiente de pessoas quiserem algo assim, eu poderia liberar os arquivos atuais no ShapeWays e terminar a última parte, se isso ajudar. Apenas lmk.

How much do you sell such a model for?