[Answered]  Stars on my discs?

Ive noticed some random stars on the undersides of discs for example Around has three, Hurricane has one and Sting has two. Is it supposed to be the usefulness of the part or what? Its even more random because when I checked my red copy of Sting it had four instead of two. Any ideas what its supposed to be?
(Jan. 28, 2020  6:47 AM)Chickenbot1000 Wrote: Ive noticed some random stars on the undersides of discs for example Around has three, Hurricane has one and Sting has two. Is it supposed to be the usefulness of the part or what? Its even more random because when I checked my red copy of Sting it had four instead of two. Any ideas what its supposed to be?

This has been answered in numerous threads, but just to keep you up to speed:

Takara Tomy has released a statement in their website (written by one of the Master Bladers) that the number of stars (max 4, min 1) on each Disk provides variance in micrograms which can affect the overall balance/stamina of a combo. since even the Layers and Drivers tend to have wobbliness due to uneven weight distribution, you will have to assemble your combos in such a way that you have reduced wobbliness to the most minimal as you can.

I think Wombat, CrazyAries and Kei have touched up on the wobbliness topic (aka tuning-up your Burst Beys) and have blogs and/or youtube videos about it.

tl;dr - it has some significance with how balanced your combo will be. And no, 4 stars does not equate to being best. It is not a ranking system nor does it directly correlate to how good it is on a combo.
Thanks that really helps! I thought it might be a way to tell who's part was who's but that makes more sense.
(Jan. 28, 2020  6:56 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Takara Tomy has released a statement in their website (written by one of the Master Bladers) that the number of stars (max 4, min 1) on each Disk provides variance in micrograms which can affect the overall balance/stamina of a combo. since even the Layers and Drivers tend to have wobbliness due to uneven weight distribution, you will have to assemble your combos in such a way that you have reduced wobbliness to the most minimal as you can.

I personally think the "micrograms of difference between stars" is Takara Tomy's excuse regarding parts randomness in disks, since several 4 star disks of the same type are still so different between one another.

Its a pretty great way to say "all disks are different, so test out a lot of them to get the most balanced bey!" without directly acknowledging that the metal parts they produce have wild variances.

But the tip given in the article is a valid one. Balance testing is a good way to minmax your builds. Simply flipping the disk 180 degrees in your combo may result in 10 seconds of extra stamina.

Tl;dr: The stars in my opinion are still mainly for identification purposes. While TT claims that the same type of disk with different stars have slight differences in the balance, the fact is that ALL disks have differences, no matter the amount of stars.
(Jan. 28, 2020  7:30 AM)Chickenbot1000 Wrote: Thanks that really helps! I thought it might be a way to tell who's part was who's but that makes more sense.

You really can't discount that part (since TT did include the star stickers to complement the function) as it is for Bladers to use and apply in legal areas of their Beys for distinguishing who owns which part.

Of course, if you're participating in a free-for-all tournament with no age brackets, expect to deal with parents of entitled 4 - 10 year olds who would think you're swapping their beloved kids' parts with yours (true story)
I thought Hasbro did it so it was easier to tell who's parts were who's if both beys burst.