[Answered]  Spryzen Requiem S3's slopes (please, only answer if you have a Hasbro's S3)

Hi guys, i just got my Spryzen Requiem S3. I immediately tested how tight it was with a 0Bump/Bearing combo (all Hasbro). It's hard! Twisting the performance tip is difficult, sometimes spin direction changes by itself because of that. Now, my question is: is this going to be a major issue for the slopes' wearing? I mean, because of the force it takes to assemble it do i risk to have a looser S3 soon?
Thank you for your attention.
Is the driver a TT Br or a Hasbro Br?
Hasbro Bearing has a tough spring, and very good stamina opposite-spin.
Tt Bearing has horrible burst resistance, and unrivaled stamina opposite spin.
None are good same spin. (maybe Hasbro?)
(Dec. 02, 2018  12:20 AM)bblader/90 Wrote: Hi guys, i just got my Spryzen Requiem S3. I immediately tested how tight it was with a 0Bump/Bearing combo (all Hasbro). It's hard! Twisting the performance tip is difficult, sometimes spin direction changes by itself because of that. Now, my question is: is this going to be a major issue for the slopes' wearing? I mean, because of the force it takes to assemble it do i risk to have a looser S3 soon?
Thank you for your attention
Over time all slopes get worse. Even after spryzen requiem slopes wears down it still have good burst resistance.I  know this from experience. So s3 will wear down anyways so don't worry about it.
(Dec. 02, 2018  6:11 AM)Jman jman Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2018  12:20 AM)bblader/90 Wrote: Hi guys, i just got my Spryzen Requiem S3. I immediately tested how tight it was with a 0Bump/Bearing combo (all Hasbro). It's hard! Twisting the performance tip is difficult, sometimes spin direction changes by itself because of that. Now, my question is: is this going to be a major issue for the slopes' wearing? I mean, because of the force it takes to assemble it do i risk to have a looser S3 soon?
Thank you for your attention
Over time all slopes get worse. Even after spryzen requiem slopes wears down it still have good burst resistance.I  know this from experience. So s3 will wear down anyways so don't worry about it.

Oh, ok! So, i don't need to get one more?
(Dec. 02, 2018  12:11 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2018  6:11 AM)Jman jman Wrote: Over time all slopes get worse. Even after spryzen requiem slopes wears down it still have good burst resistance.I  know this from experience. So s3 will wear down anyways so don't worry about it.

Oh, ok! So, i don't need to get one more?

No. The slopes are actually rubber too, if you try to feel them. They wear down pretty fast, but if you need to stop it from changing modes use a screw driver or something to stop the tabs from moving.
(Dec. 02, 2018  1:15 PM)brandbrick Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2018  12:11 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Oh, ok! So, i don't need to get one more?

No. The slopes are actually rubber too, if you try to feel them. They wear down pretty fast, but if you need to stop it from changing modes use a screw driver or something to stop the tabs from moving.

Mhh. What happens when slopes become that bad (bit looser, just looser, much more looser etc...)? That's pretty worrying.

Hold on a second: i'm talking about white slopes, underneath the layer. Not about the 2 made of rubber on the layer, who are placed in opposite positions depending on the chosen spin direction.
(Dec. 02, 2018  2:41 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2018  1:15 PM)brandbrick Wrote: No. The slopes are actually rubber too, if you try to feel them. They wear down pretty fast, but if you need to stop it from changing modes use a screw driver or something to stop the tabs from moving.

Mhh. What happens when slopes become that bad (bit looser, just looser, much more looser etc...)? That's pretty worrying.

Hold on a second: i'm talking about white slopes, underneath the layer. Not about the 2 made of rubber on the layer, who are placed in opposite positions depending on the chosen spin direction.

My S3 slopes are fine, and yes, we are talking about the ones underneath the layer. Those slopes are rubber too, (only the wedges, not the sides, the wedges seem to just have a coat of rubber on the top.) If you actually place your finger or nail and try to scrape across it, you’ll feel it. The slopes don’t decrease fast, I’ve had mine since about July or so and it’s still fine.
(Dec. 02, 2018  3:26 PM)brandbrick Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2018  2:41 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Mhh. What happens when slopes become that bad (bit looser, just looser, much more looser etc...)? That's pretty worrying.

My S3 slopes are fine, and yes, we are talking about the ones underneath the layer. Those slopes are rubber too, (only the wedges, not the sides, the wedges seem to just have a coat of rubber on the top.) If you actually place your finger or nail and try to scrape across it, you’ll feel it. The slopes don’t decrease fast, I’ve had mine since about July or so and it’s still fine.
Sorry if i disturb you again, but in a previous post you wrote that slopes wear down pretty fast. Now you're telling me they don't, i'm a bit confused...
Also, layer's outer gold plastic: is it weaker than TT one (chips easier, brittles more)?

Apologize for my annoying questions...
(Dec. 02, 2018  3:34 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2018  3:26 PM)brandbrick Wrote: My S3 slopes are fine, and yes, we are talking about the ones underneath the layer. Those slopes are rubber too, (only the wedges, not the sides, the wedges seem to just have a coat of rubber on the top.) If you actually place your finger or nail and try to scrape across it, you’ll feel it. The slopes don’t decrease fast, I’ve had mine since about July or so and it’s still fine.
Sorry if i disturb you again, but in a previous post you wrote that slopes wear down pretty fast. Now you're telling me they don't, i'm a bit confused...
Also, layer's outer gold plastic: is it weaker than TT one (chips easier, brittles more)?

My spryzen requiem has wear down but I had it for 6 months. And now it still doesn't burst.
(Dec. 02, 2018  3:26 PM)brandbrick Wrote: My S3 slopes are fine, and yes, we are talking about the ones underneath the layer. Those slopes are rubber too, (only the wedges, not the sides, the wedges seem to just have a coat of rubber on the top.) If you actually place your finger or nail and try to scrape across it, you’ll feel it. The slopes don’t decrease fast, I’ve had mine since about July or so and it’s still fine.

I meant to say that to fix the modes changing when you put it together
(Dec. 02, 2018  4:01 PM)brandbrick Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2018  3:34 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Sorry if i disturb you again, but in a previous post you wrote that slopes wear down pretty fast. Now you're telling me they don't, i'm a bit confused...

(Dec. 02, 2018  3:34 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Sorry if i disturb you again, but in a previous post you wrote that slopes wear down pretty fast. Now you're telling me they don't, i'm a bit confused...

I meant to say that to fix the modes changing when you put it together

Ohhh, got it! Sorry, i completely misunderstood.

(Dec. 02, 2018  3:40 PM)Jman jman Wrote:

My spryzen requiem has wear down but I had it for 6 months. And now it still doesn't burst.

Ok! Can you tell if there's a huge difference in chipping/denting the outer layer's gold plastic between Hasbro's and TT's?
Hey guys, got a little problem here. I was trying to change the spin direction and avoiding the layer from self-skipping the mechanism who makes it keep in position. I successfully made it a few times, but i immediately felt a small loss of tighteness. Did this also happen to you?
You may have gotten a tight s3, which you probably don’t need to be worried about. You mentioned something about the teeth trying to change modes. Can it go into left spin?
(Dec. 11, 2018  7:31 AM)Charged Diamond Wrote: You may have gotten a tight s3, which you probably don’t need to be worried about. You mentioned something about the teeth trying to change modes. Can it go into left spin?

Hi! Yes, i can go in both spin directions. I just have to pay attention not to force the performance tip too much. Just add a bit of strength little by little. In the end, it will twist without unlocking the spin direction system.
(Dec. 11, 2018  12:26 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Dec. 11, 2018  7:31 AM)Charged Diamond Wrote: You may have gotten a tight s3, which you probably don’t need to be worried about. You mentioned something about the teeth trying to change modes. Can it go into left spin?

Hi! Yes, i can go in both spin direction. I just have to pay attention not to force the performance tip too much. Just add a bit of strenghth little by little. In the end, it will twist without unlocking the spin direction system.

Oh in that case, I beleive that you have gotten a tight s3. I just have heard of an issue in which s3 cannot go into left spin. Glad you don’t have that issue!
Thank you for your attention.
My hasbro s3 does the same thing and to be honest the slopes have stayed pretty much the same since I bought it (black friday). So I don't think you have anything to worry about.
(Dec. 12, 2018  4:31 AM)Charged Diamond Wrote:
(Dec. 11, 2018  12:26 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Hi! Yes, i can go in both spin direction. I just have to pay attention not to force the performance tip too much. Just add a bit of strenghth little by little. In the end, it will twist without unlocking the spin direction system.

Oh in that case, I beleive that you have gotten a tight s3. I just have heard of an issue in which s3 cannot go into left spin. Glad you don’t have that issue!

Hi man, me too!!! But i think it's not a matter of faulty Sr layers, if somebody can't get it in left spin mode. Maybe it's just because of the young age (not my case ?, i'm pretty old for this hobby but the secret is to not give a MISSING WORD about it and keep on doing what you like ?), probably they don't have the manuality and the patience to do that correctly. It's normal, there are a lot of things i couldn't do when i was a teenager. Now i can, it's called "growing up".