[Answered]  Quality String Launcher

Hey all,

wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to buy quality string launchers? 

We have gotten a few that did not last very long... so hoping someone has experience with a good model for a reasonable price that works well :)
(Jan. 06, 2020  8:17 PM)bassraven Wrote: Hey all,

wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to buy quality string launchers? 

We have gotten a few that did not last very long... so hoping someone has experience with a good model for a reasonable price that works well Smile

Get Master Diabolos or Cho-Z Achilles (both TT) and you'll receive a Long LR string launcher along with the beys which is very durable and has good launching power (in my experience)
Yes, Achilles Launcher is best. But even this can break. After ur third broken string launcher u may switch to ripcord launchers. If you are lucky this will be not earlier than in 2 years:-)
Thank you for the advise!
(Jan. 06, 2020  8:21 PM)JoMario67 Wrote:

We have gotten a few that did not last very long... so hoping someone has experience with a good model for a reasonable price that works well Smile
Get Master Diabolos or Cho-Z Achilles (both TT) and you'll receive a Long LR string launcher along with the beys which is very durable and has good launching power (in my experience)
Im getting both this month. They any good?

How did your original ones break? They may be fixable. A few of TTs launchers can be fixed.
Hi,

the toggle switch to change from clockwise to counter clockwise does not seem to function anymore. This was the first issue, the second is the string is not retracting on a regular basis.

If you have any suggestion on how to fix it, I would love to learn Smile
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:07 PM)bassraven Wrote: Hi,

the toggle switch to change from clockwise to counter clockwise does not seem to function anymore. This was the first issue, the second is the string is not retracting on a regular basis.

That ain't good. Might be broken, you could unscrew it and try to fix it, but I think a gear might've broken

(Jan. 07, 2020  7:59 PM)yummyturkey2002 Wrote:
(Jan. 06, 2020  8:21 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: Get Master Diabolos or Cho-Z Achilles (both TT) and you'll receive a Long LR string launcher along with the beys which is very durable and has good launching power (in my experience)
Im getting both this month. They any good?

How did your original ones break? They may be fixable. A few of TTs launchers can be fixed.

The launchers are both very good. Cho-Z Achilles has 00 which is a good part, otherwise it's outclassed. Master Diabolos' layer and chip are good, Generate is okay.
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:12 PM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:07 PM)bassraven Wrote: Hi,

That ain't good.  Might be broken, you could unscrew it and try to fix it, but I think a gear might've broken

(Jan. 07, 2020  7:59 PM)yummyturkey2002 Wrote: Im getting both this month. They any good?

The launchers are both very good.  Cho-Z Achilles has 00 which is a good part, otherwise it's outclassed.  Master Diabolos' layer and chip are good, Generate is okay.
Is generate legal in tournaments?
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:15 PM)yummyturkey2002 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:12 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: That ain't good.  Might be broken, you could unscrew it and try to fix it, but I think a gear might've broken

The launchers are both very good.  Cho-Z Achilles has 00 which is a good part, otherwise it's outclassed.  Master Diabolos' layer and chip are good, Generate is okay.
Is generate legal in tournaments?

Just the Standard Format; it's banned in Classic
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:18 PM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:15 PM)yummyturkey2002 Wrote: Is generate legal in tournaments?

Just the Standard Format; it's banned in Classic

Got it. Does it perform well? Seems a bit bulky.
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:21 PM)yummyturkey2002 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:18 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: Just the Standard Format; it's banned in Classic

Got it. Does it perform well? Seems a bit bulky.

Not really, since it just mainly circles around a lot, and it doesn't have a good flower pattern or LAD.

Back on topic, the Long Right and Long Left launchers perform better in their spins than the LR does (from my experience)
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:26 PM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:21 PM)yummyturkey2002 Wrote: Got it. Does it perform well? Seems a bit bulky.

Not really, since it just mainly circles around a lot, and it doesn't have a good flower pattern or LAD.

Back on topic, the Long Right and Long Left launchers perform better in their spins than the LR does (from my experience)

How long have you had yours? Have you been using it a lot?
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:41 PM)yummyturkey2002 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:26 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: Not really, since it just mainly circles around a lot, and it doesn't have a good flower pattern or LAD.

How long have you had yours? Have you been using it a lot?

Not too long, but I don't think any of my launchers are skipping or worn down if that's what you mean
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:45 PM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:41 PM)yummyturkey2002 Wrote: How long have you had yours? Have you been using it a lot?

Not too long, but I don't think any of my launchers are skipping or worn down if that's what you mean

Any squeaking? Aside from gear skipping, thats my main issue. My left string launcher barely works because of it.
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:46 PM)yummyturkey2002 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:45 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: Not too long, but I don't think any of my launchers are skipping or worn down if that's what you mean

Any squeaking? Aside from gear skipping, thats my main issue. My left string launcher barely works because of it.

No, they're still launching strong and are perfectly fine
(Jan. 07, 2020  9:07 PM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:46 PM)yummyturkey2002 Wrote: Any squeaking? Aside from gear skipping, thats my main issue. My left string launcher barely works because of it.

No, they're still launching strong and are perfectly fine

Sounds good. More than a month you've had them?
(Jan. 07, 2020  9:22 PM)yummyturkey2002 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  9:07 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: No, they're still launching strong and are perfectly fine

Sounds good. More than a month you've had them?

Yes, maybe around 3-4
(Jan. 07, 2020  9:23 PM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  9:22 PM)yummyturkey2002 Wrote: Sounds good. More than a month you've had them?

Yes, maybe around 3-4

Thats long enough for me. Ima get it.