[Answered]  MFB Face Bolt Tightness?

When assembling Metal Fight beys, I see the bottom/tip clicks when properly fastened. What's a good way to tell for the face bolt?

I had watched a video where it was said the bolt will also click, but I got way too uncomfortable turning it further, and I later read that was wrong advice in another thread. But there seemed to be no specific advice.

Do you just turn it until it would actually take strength to turn further? Or how do you gauge?
Generally I don't overtighten it. No it does not click. I tend to tighten it with my fingers just enough so that I can't easily turn it and then give it a small twist with a tool at the end. There isn't a calculated way -- you just feel it. I always re-tighten after every few battles (just in case, most of the time it doesn't need a tightening). Just know, that too loose and it'll fall apart easily and too tight and it's highly prone to shattering your facebolt.
Thanks, juncction, I really appreciate the input. That is a lot clearer.

(Jun. 24, 2018  3:09 AM)juncction Wrote: Just know, that too loose and it'll fall apart easily and too tight and it's highly prone to shattering your facebolt.

Can you tell me about what part of the face bolt breaks when "shattering", and if anything else might be damaged in the process?

I noticed the first some times I tried putting it together, in "trying" to follow the video but holding back, I would hear a clear click when unscrewing. I imagine that might be a sign that I did it too tight. I notice the tips of the face hexagon, at two opposing points that touch against the clear wheel, there seems to be slight wear. Should I be concerned about that?

Then again, I'm not so sure how competitive the regular plastic face bolts are anyway. I know there are metal ones, but yeah.

Like this, I mean, but it's not a metal face bolt:

[Image: xWAM6lZ.png]
Mine have shattered in two ways: either the thread just breaks off or the stem breaks off just below the hexagon part.

If you haven't already seen it this might help. http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Face_Bolt
(Jun. 24, 2018  5:35 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: Mine have shattered in two ways: either the thread just breaks off or the stem breaks off just below the hexagon part.

If you haven't already seen it this might help. http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Face_Bolt

Thanks, it's really good to know that it seems only the face bolt itself seems to suffer damage from over-tightness. I was worried I may have damaged something else. And that's definitely a helpful read!

I was reading through the competitive combos in the Limited Format and saw not all listings have a metal face bolt put there. What is meant in those cases, if I may ask?

Also, is the wearing I pointed out in the previous post, on the tips of the hexagon closest to the clear wheel, a normal occurrence?
(Jun. 24, 2018  9:09 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Also, is the wearing I pointed out in the previous post, on the tips of the hexagon closest to the clear wheel, a normal occurrence?

Of course. Those are points of contact. You can just see it but will not cause any damage.

Actually, metal beyblades are heavier so real damages of plastic parts are things that happened daily. Perfomance tips were replaced very often, even tracks got damaged (mainly at contact point to tip). I did my best to save face bolts by not disassembling beyblades when found good combo - I know, not very competitive approach :D

Only real trouble was damaging energy ring. Had to buy three Gravity Destroyers because of that. Other parts could be used from (almost) anything.

And of course breaking metal wheel is serious trouble - then beyblade is definitely lost.
(Jun. 24, 2018  9:09 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I was reading through the competitive combos in the Limited Format and saw not all listings have a metal face bolt put there. What is meant in those cases, if I may ask?

I am not certain but I think the Metal Face affects OWD.
(Jun. 25, 2018  4:48 AM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: I am not certain but I think the Metal Face affects OWD.

I've never bought one, so did not comment that part intentionally.

Usually weight should be added outwards, just as you said, not in the middle.

On the other hand, using metal face bolts for winning combos often, at hard competitions, proves my opinion to be wrong here Grin

(Jun. 24, 2018  9:09 PM)The Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2018  5:35 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: Mine have shattered in two ways: either the thread just breaks off or the stem breaks off just below the hexagon part.

Thanks, it's really good to know that it seems only the face bolt itself seems to suffer damage from over-tightness. I was worried I may have damaged something else. And that's definitely a helpful read!

I was reading through the competitive combos in the Limited Format and saw not all listings have a metal face bolt put there. What is meant in those cases, if I may ask?

Also, is the wearing I pointed out in the previous post, on the tips of the hexagon closest to the clear wheel, a normal occurrence?
My Phantom Orion's Face Bolt broke years ago, but it doesn't just affect the face bolt in some cases. Since I was using BGrin on my Orion, is was a struggle to get the piece of the face bolt out. Also, with repeated use of a spin track while overtightening can lead to it's "reverse screw" mechanism to wear down and sometimes break.