[Answered]  How damaged is my Fafnir?

So I noticed damage on my Drain Fafnir layer. It's not the best pic at the moment, but I'm feeling a unsure about if I need to get a new Fafnir now and I think asking about it sooner rather than later will help me feel a bit better.

It's not very deep of a cut/hole, but would this be considered too damaged for legal play?

How easily damaged is the rubber on Fafnir in general anyway?

I appreciate any input. I apparently got too attached to this particular part and so I am a little bummed. But if worse comes to worst, it'll make a nice Christmas ornament or something.
Oh geez! I think that either you should add some adhesive putty to it or just get a new layer all together! Those are probably your best bets! The drain doesn't work  best with any dents or cuts, so I'd do what I said in the second sentence!
For this case, where as the damage is on the rubber contact points I wouldn't be worried at all and I'd still use it if I were you. But if the plastic cracks or the layer chips off then I would put the layer down for a while. But in this instance you're fine
(Mar. 23, 2018  6:27 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: So I noticed damage on my Drain Fafnir layer. It's not the best pic at the moment, but I'm feeling a unsure about if I need to get a new Fafnir now and I think asking about it sooner rather than later will help me feel a bit better.

It's not very deep of a cut/hole, but would this be considered too damaged for legal play?

How easily damaged is the rubber on Fafnir in general anyway?

I appreciate any input. I apparently got too attached to this particular part and so I am a little bummed. But if worse comes to worst, it'll make a nice Christmas ornament or something.

you said in another thread you put this bey up against 12 @[Frostic Fox] ?

cus if so you should add this picture to the thread and tag Kei in it so they can see that and use it in consideration with the possible upcoming trial ban. it's compelling evidence for our case that 12 is damaging and probably the first photo evidence of a WBO user's layer being damaged first hand from 12
Yes, I used this layer in a bey against 12 (just wV stock). I was doing some hand spinning on Bearing for fun to see how it faired.

OK, I'll edit the picture directly in my post.

Alright, just went and added it in. I did already link to this thread, but it's probably handy to have it already there.
Tbh 12 is gonna be a menace once better launchers are released. Id say ban it unless it has a frame
Thanks for the input, guys! I think I'll still play with my Fafnir, but I've ordered a new one so that I can have something 100% intact for any sort of testing and whatnot.
Meh, doesn't look too damaged to be used in tournaments. I have done far worse to my dF layer, but against a L2 with a modded string launcher. The plastic was so stressed that that the gold plastic warped a bit and the transparent part of the plastic chipped.
It should be fine for a couple more tournaments