[Answered]  Benefit of launcher grip?

Hi all,

just wondering if there are any actual strategic benefit to launcher grips and the like, or are they more for look and comfort?

thanks!
A bit of both. It adds some style to your launcher but also gives you a larger area to hold. For me, I’m able to launcher harder because I can get a better grip with the handle then just holding the launcher alone. For me personally, I like string launchers with a grip and ripcord launchers without.
After using them for a long time, I've stopped using grips for my string launchers (both the LR and the single direction ones). I find that I have much better control and the same power without using them.

I still use them on my ripcord launchers as it does give a better grip area as well as it changes the angles that your arm can pull the ripcord back.

It does have advantages in terms of hand protection from string launchers, comfort and grip but it's not a must have item.
Personally, I find it harder to aim precisely using a grip. When I hold the launcher directly in my hand I can place the bey better in the (mostly small) stadium.

But I am person who tries to avoid initial collisions of beys while landing on the stadium floor because I made the experience that only those first second crashes may damage a layer.

Generally its personal preference for sure. So just try it out.
Thanks for the replies. Seems like a lot of personal preference is factored in. So when launching, I get you can pull harder, curious how angles factor in. Are Beys that are strong on attack better to launch at an angle with a lot of force?

Total newb here trying to learn haha.
the grips give you a much better ,well, grip on the launcher