An interesting little scheme I found...

Ok,now you're probably gonna stare at me like I have 2 heads when I say this but...this isn't the first time Takara-Tomy has made this series.No,not Metal Fight Beyblade,I mean the whole Beyblade series.

I'm not trying to troll,but I was watching (of all things) a B-Daman show that a friend of mine was showing me,and I was noting how similar half of it was to Beyblade in terms of how it was marketed...

So,I did some research,and I compiled what's similar and what's different between these two series (despite the fact that I don't think anyone here really likes B-Daman very much).

Let's start with the obvious differences.Different characters,different setting,different hobby....that's basically it.

The similarities between these two shows are startling.Super B-Daman (the first B-Daman show before Battle B-Daman,which is what we got) aired before Beyblade did,back in 1998.And it's REALLY SIMILAR.

You have your extra-energetic main character,who owns a white-colored...let's call it a "machine" for comparison's sake.And it's an attack type/power type (difference is moot really,they're both offensive).You have your snarky rival,who owns a gang and bullies other players at the start.The hero beats the rival with the power of his heart and belief and all that rot,and they become allies later in the series.You also have other characters who join up.And you have villains who plot world takeover through said sport/hobby/game.

Now,I'm not gonna get into Battle B-Daman,because that series gives me a stomachache.Nor Fire Spirits,its sequel.

But the fourth series,which can be compared to Metal Fight Beyblade VERY MUCH...Crash B-Daman.

Just like Metal Fight Beyblade,they took the original concept and made it a thousand times more dangerous and controversial.As where Metal Fight made the original tops metal,Crash B-Daman took the original figures and turned them into guns.The anime it produced was made by the same team that is currently producing Metal Fight.There's even a strong resemblance between the two main characters of the series!

Now,you're probably wondering,how does this fit into this board?

It's a scheme.

Using this,we can predict how new Beyblades will be released and when,based on the show.We can also predict that based on the show,there will be another new system or 2 of Metal Fight,because in Crash B-Daman (and in the manga of Metal Fight),the hero's machine breaks and he gets a new one with the new system.

Feel free to PM me with your thoughts on this topic.
I'm gonna have to diisagree with you. Whilst there are similarities I don't think it's going to be so similar that we can base release info on it. :\
uhhh....I dont think its going to turn out to be as similar...
(Apr. 18, 2009  2:33 PM)Rocky Wrote: I'm gonna have to diisagree with you. Whilst there are similarities I don't think it's going to be so similar that we can base release info on it. :\
Well,it's just food for thought.I didn't intend this to be a topic to provoke.
I think this is a topic that's been brought up before, strong similarities occur in a lot of Shonen animes since they're intended to appeal to a certain target audience that have specific needs.
These conventions get repeated multiple times throughout a wide range of anime series, leading to links like this being made.
Don't get me wrong, when any two series are made by the same production company, and have the same producers, there are bound to be similarities since they're created in the same style, but I don't think we can predict one series of products off of another series.
The beyblade anime and manga are advertisements for the toys; obviously they are going to rehash many similar plot lines. It's not a scheme, it's merely being productive and efficient.
I have had some experience with b-daman in the past, it is simular to beyblades in some ways ex: attack bdaman - attack beyblade but there are also many distinct diffrences between the two.
And how is Ginga extra-energetic he sleeps half the time.
Many anime have some of the things you listed...(ie the energetic main character, rival that was once bad, etc.)
(Apr. 18, 2009  4:06 PM)blader9 Wrote: how is Ginga extra-energetic he sleeps half the time.
Just like Naruto, Bakugan, Pokemon... all the same. It gets a little boring sometimes.
(Apr. 18, 2009  10:04 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: lol

haha, this was exactly the response I anticipated from you Grin

With regard to this thread- You spent WAY too much time thinking about this. It's no secret that many (read: most) shounen jump style series are going to be nearly identical.

Young boy + friends + monsters + fighting = big profit

Yes there will be upgrades, thats how toys work.
(Apr. 19, 2009  10:55 PM)Minion Wrote: haha, this was exactly the response I anticipated from you Grin

With regard to this thread- You spent WAY too much time thinking about this. It's no secret that many (read: most) shounen jump style series are going to be nearly identical.

Young boy + friends + monsters + fighting = big profit

Yes there will be upgrades, thats how toys work.
You forgot the ONE GIRL that remains in the series.

Have you ever noticed the scarcity of them in general? >_> Not even so much in the background... don't they want to promote boy-girl relationships? D:

Oh yes, and the whole "fighting spirit" concept where as long as you believe in yourself/monster/object, you WILL win and conquer the evil power. Uuuuaaa!

And watch as all mothers flee to Japan for an explanation
(Apr. 21, 2009  11:26 AM)Deikailo Wrote: You forgot the ONE GIRL that remains in the series.

Have you ever noticed the scarcity of them in general? >_> Not even so much in the background... don't they want to promote boy-girl relationships? D:

Oh yes, and the whole "fighting spirit" concept where as long as you believe in yourself/monster/object, you WILL win and conquer the evil power. Uuuuaaa!

And watch as all mothers flee to Japan for an explanation

Two girls there's that blue haired girl in the opening too.
(Apr. 21, 2009  11:26 AM)Deikailo Wrote: You forgot the ONE GIRL that remains in the series.

it's almost as if ... beyblade is marketed to young boys who aren't interested in girls Gasp
If you don't want such cliches, perhaps you should stop watching animes...
All these kinds of anime's are basically identical underneath when it comes to character plot, and story boarding, and yes, they are marketed exactly the same way, but we dont think about that because its the theme that captivates us, not these similar traits
(Apr. 21, 2009  11:26 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Oh yes, and the whole "fighting spirit" concept where as long as you believe in yourself/monster/object, you WILL win and conquer the evil power. Uuuuaaa!

Haha, I rely on 'fighting spirit' to get me through the day. XD
(Apr. 21, 2009  3:58 PM)Rocky Wrote: Haha, I rely on 'fighting spirit' to get me through the day. XD

me too Grin Grin Grin
(Apr. 21, 2009  3:28 PM)Slammin Wrote: If you don't want such cliches, perhaps you should stop watching animes...

Exactly why I have no intention of watching the series at all, lol.

I've stopped watching anime series because of this, I'm told there are a few exceptions to this trend, but those series target a more adult audience so they wouldn't be something the target of the BeyBlade series would be watching per se.

I have been kind of burned by such series, so getting me to watch something new is like pulling teeth.
u should really watch the series, its part of wat fuels your obsession, maybe only a small part but a vital part, and gives u knowledge
(Apr. 21, 2009  4:22 PM)The Shredder Wrote: u should really watch the series, its part of wat fuels your obsession, maybe only a small part but a vital part, and gives u knowledge

Not really ...? Confused

Lots of players here don't really care about the anime. That being said, it's good fun as long as you don't try to take it seriously.
(Apr. 21, 2009  4:22 PM)The Shredder Wrote: u should really watch the series, its part of wat fuels your obsession, maybe only a small part but a vital part, and gives u knowledge

This fell far out the window when plastic, light wheels made sparks. It didn't help that the Facehunters terrorized the Beybladers in the town with these literally 5 grams tops. If the majority of these players are afraid of a top weighs five grams, then we don't have anything to learn from them.