An in depth look at Hasbro's Triangle Stadium.

[Image: zUAgDKg.png]

An in depth look at Hasbro's Triangle Stadium.
Topic created by Mitsu.

Hasbro's new Triangle Stadium was something I was pretty confident in before trying it out for myself. On a budget and torn between whether I'd buy a Valtryek V2 or a Kerbeus K2, I came to the quick decision of ''Who needs the Beyblades? The Stadium is where it's at.'' As a result, the Triangle Stadium was the purchase I had made. I was filled with immediate regret. I did, however, decide to keep it. Here is an in depth look at Hasbro's Triangle Stadium.

Appearance:

The Triangle Stadium features six hexagons: one on each side of the Stadium pockets. While they are a part of the design, they do not affect Beyblades' performance. Its' length measures in at roughly around 38 centimeters; 2 larger than the 36 of the B-09 BeyStadium Standard Type.

[Image: ftw5ZD8.png]

Launching:

Regardless of the type of Launcher used and how many attachments are added on, launching regularly isn't any more complicated than doing so with a standard BeyStadium. When banking with aggressive Drivers like Accel and Xtreme, however, you must be cautious when doing so. When launching at full power with them, you run risks of running into a Stadium pocket because of how close the Tornado Ridge is to the three. This is one of the biggest downfalls the Triangle Stadium has.

Because of this, weak launching also becomes super risky. Here are the results of a few quick comparison rounds I had did between the B-09 BeyStadium Standard Type and the Triangle Stadium. Weak launching is much more effective in the B-09 BeyStadium Standard Type.

Valkyrie Gravity Accel vs. Deathscyther Knuckle Revolve - Triangle Stadium
Deathscyther Knuckle Revolve launched at 50% power, first all matches.
VGA: 7/10 (6 OF, 1 BF), 70% win rate.
DKR: 3/10 (2 OF, 1 SF), 30% win rate.

Valkyrie Gravity Accel vs. Deathscyther Knuckle Revolve - B-09 BeyStadium Standard Type
Deathscyther Knuckle Revolve launched at 50% power, first all matches.
VGA: 6/10 (1 BF, 5 OF), 60% win rate.
DKR: 4/10 (3 BF, 1 OF), 40% win rate.

[Image: nGE6Dba.gif]

Closing Remarks:

Overall, I'm happy I made the purchase and stuck with it. I am personally not a fan of the design and I do believe Hasbro could have done a better job. The Triangle Stadium is successful in some areas but only to an extent; I feel much more comfortable sticking to the B-09 BeyStadium Standard Type. What do you guys think?

[Image: 3UGLBQa.gif]
Haha, this is great. The gifs are appreciated. However, I definitely get mixed messages from this post. Tongue_out

The octagons are almost certainly for adding some kinds of accessories, right? I think the stadium is actually solid conceptually, but the dimensions just aren't right ... too bad.
So the stadium isn't actually too bad so far?! Awesome! I cannot wait to get my hands on it (considering it was already one of the only Hasbro Burst things I want). I personally think the stadium looks cool.

Thanks for the tests.
Wait it's not garbage

I'll definitely pick one of these up once they come out over here, somewhat out of curiosity but mostly because I hate the B09 Stadium with a burning passion. Tongue_out
I actually love the look of this stadium. It reminds me so much of the old plastics arenas.
I'm going to pick one of these up because they don't have any paint on the surface. Hopefully they release them in more than one color. A clear or black one would be nice.
(Sep. 03, 2016  1:32 AM)Kevo Wrote: I'm going to pick one of these up because they don't have any paint on the surface. Hopefully they release them in more than one color. A clear or black one would be nice.

Oh yes! A black one would be nice!
(Sep. 03, 2016  1:32 AM)Kevo Wrote: I'm going to pick one of these up because they don't have any paint on the surface. Hopefully they release them in more than one color. A clear or black one would be nice.

The blue is really ugly. A black one, or even a darker color would be amazing.
What is the slope?
Ok so now I have a reason to purchase a stadium from Hasbro thanks for giving me a better understanding Mitsu.
(Sep. 03, 2016  1:43 AM)Kai-V Wrote: What is the slope?

In terms of diameter?
(Sep. 03, 2016  1:54 AM)Mitsu Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2016  1:43 AM)Kai-V Wrote: What is the slope?

In terms of diameter?

How deep is the stadium?
Nice! I was a bit worried about this, but it seems ok. Just wondering, is the Square Stadium any different or worse?
One thing I'd like to point out. Those aren't octagons; they're hexagons.
Just saying if anyone ever plans to buy a hasbro stadium i STRONGLY recommend the square version because the play area is bigger and from what me pyrus and Kei tested there is very little self KOs compared to the triangle stadium.
(Sep. 03, 2016  2:31 AM)Dracieleone Wrote: One thing I'd like to point out. Those aren't octagons; they're hexagons.

like there's really a difference anyways

[Image: cirno.png]

(The OP has been updated!)
Any stadium by Hasbro with three pockets and a pretty similar diameter to the OG tornado balance stadium makes me happy. I still can't seem to find a good visual or actual data on the dimensions of the slope/curvature of the stadium floor, though. That would be greatly appreciated. :-)
Not bad!

However, it seems that the slope's diameter is smaller than the B-09?

Ah, will pick one up once it's out here. :p

Thanks for the tests!
Cool thread, Mitsu! Would be great to see more comparative tests between the Triangle Stadium and the B-09 BeyStadium Standard Type.

I haven't played in the Triangle Stadium seriously to any degree yet, but my first impression was that the playing area was a bit too small, and that the main issue was that it has just one ridge (and it being so close to the pockets at that). It did not seem like it would equate to an experience that felt right for WBO Organized Play. Still, seems a decent stadium to play in for fun.
Would there still be a chance of the other stadium Hasbro are going to release be touramnet legal
I finally saw the Triangle Stadium today and had brought my protractor to measure the slope because I have swag, but like everytime I have to measure a stadium's slope, I forget how exactly, so I took the wrong data hah.

If anyone can just post the diametre within the Tornado Ridge and the depth of the centre from bottom to the Tornado Ridge, level, I could probably calculate it. Upon seeing the pit though, it seemed like the angle may be fine, but it is really the size that seems way too small.
With this kind of stadium, it seems like it would be so easy to shoot yourself into one of the pockets by accident, especially with such a small play area... I can't see myself doing well with it, since I already shoot out of the Takara Tomy stadium more often than I would like. Thanks so much for the analysis!
(Sep. 03, 2016  1:42 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote:

The blue is really ugly. A black one, or even a darker color would be amazing.

Or a red one.
I hated the design of the new stadiums and now it's growing on me. I wonder what accessories they're going to release for the little octa-hexa-thingos? I think something like a net would be cool. Like, you get recoiled by a hit into the net and it either slows you down or catches your bey in it. Sort of like a different version of the Burst B-19 stadium with the yellow pieces on the side. That would be very interesting to see, imo.
No accessories can change the fact that this stadium just isn't fun to play in. I have the bigger one and it's still too small.