Aloha! This is my kind of place...

I used to play Beyblade with my son around 2002(ish). He was 5 and fell in love with it. We bought about 10 beys here in the US, and had a blast. After a while, he moved on to other interests. American boys have such a short attention span... I packed some of the surviving tops away and one of the stadiums in case he ever wanted to play with them again.

Flash forward to 2010. My younger son was 8 and had already been through Pokemon, Yugioh, Magic(still playing), 15 other card games, Bakugan, and then i saw Beyblades at Walmart. Had to get one! We both got hooked, and even my older son who is 13 now and "too cool" for games plays with us some time. We only have US Hasbro Beys, but i ordered a Galaxy Pegasus for my son from a Hong Kong store(still waiting).

The coolest thing about Beyblades for me is that i am constantly proving myself wrong about my intuition. At first i was convinced that rubber performance tips were useless. I mean, how can something that generates so much friction and resistance beat a nice smooth, hard plastic tip? I felt that a heavy bey with low center of gravity and a hard plastic ball tip would bet anything. And it kinda did. Of course, my shotgun ripping style helps. I'm a 240 lb. football player, so being able to rip faster helps a lot.

Then, we got a Lighthing L Drago. I ripped that thing in at full force, and it shot across the arena into a pocket, bounced out over the other bey, landed, circled around and knocked the other bey out of the high walled arena. WOW! If L Drago can do that, imagine what kind of action an attack bey could generate...

Another mistake i made was thinking that the standard ripcord would be superior to a string launcher. I've had my stamina beys last almost 5 minutes with the string launcher. Maybe i'll stop guessing and just test. Smile

I need to poke around, but maybe someone could point me in the right direction for finding some answers:

I'd like to start a tournament league around here, but need to know what kind of support there is. and how should i proceed?

I saw a post that said a certain combo was "illegal". How can i find out what is and isn't allowed?

Is there a way to find out the release schedule for US beys?

Whew... Longer than i planned. Anyway, glad to be here and i look forward to promoting Beyblade on the East Coast!
WBo General: for seeing if anyone would be interested in joining a tournament you would host.
The only illegal part is the pre-HWS wheel Libra. No modification (besides aesthetic) is allowed either.
Also I suggest using the Ask a question get an answer Thread.
I would also highly recommend buying a TOMY Takara attack stadium (Japanese) because the Hasbro (American) stadiums are banned in organized play.
Well, thank you for the welcome!

I haven't had much time to post since i joined. I'm a Web Developer, and i'm working on a new site for my company right now.

And, as evil as Hasbro may be, i've been making a mint by buying Metal Fusion Beyblades from Toys R Us here in the US, and selling them on eBay. Hasbro has been really inconsistent with their releases. Burn Fireblaze BB-59 comes only 1 in each case of 12, but not every one. And we've only seen them at Toys R Us. Not Walmart or Target.

Then we came across Earth Virgo BB-60 at Toys R Us only. Was SUPER rare until this week. Now they are everywhere! Weird. I wish we could get more detailed release info for US versions.
The earth virgos are every where!? ive been looking for 1 forever!! Welcome btw Smile haha.
Hasbro has no relase dates so :T
I'm really bummed that Hasbro owns the rights here in the US. They bought Wizards of the Coast, makers of Magic: the Gathering and i cringed. Magic is my favorite game and i was disappointed that such a monster company took over.

My biggest concern is that we can't even have sanctioned tournaments because Hasbro has no decent stadiums.

Would it be worth selling Metal Fusion BBs on here? I guess i'd have to look into international shipping.
Metal Fusion? No; Unless you could make the prices even lower than Hasbro's with shipping and everything, which I doubt you can do. Metal Fight however, is profitable if you live in Asia where they get the earlier releases, which you don't.

Either way, Welcome to the WBO? (: