Advice for a new player

Hello Everyone. I'm wondering what advice you'd have for someone just getting into Beyblade today? I watched the original anime in the early 2000s but that's about it. I think the toys look like a lot of fun but feel a little overwhelmed. What starter sets would you recommend?  I keep seeing Takara is better than Hasbro. Is it that much of a difference for a new player?
(Dec. 15, 2022  11:17 PM)comicstar100 Wrote: Hello Everyone. I'm wondering what advice you'd have for someone just getting into Beyblade today? I watched the original anime in the early 2000s but that's about it. I think the toys look like a lot of fun but feel a little overwhelmed. What starter sets would you recommend?  I keep seeing Takara is better than Hasbro. Is it that much of a difference for a new player?

Probably the absolute best advice I can give you right now is to wait. The current series (Burst) just had its final product release, and it currently seems as though Takara Tomy will be announcing/releasing generation 4 sometime in 2023, with no hiatus in between. WBO Burst tournaments should still be around after the new generation (albeit much less frequent, like Plastic or MFB tournaments), but at this point I'd say the last thing you want to do is invest in a system that's currently on its way out the door.

As for Takara Tomy VS Hasbro, they have definitely been much more different from one another than past generations. In Burst, Takara Tomy's locking system uses "teeth", and Hasbro uses slopes. Unlike previous generations where parts were cross-compatible, in Burst there's only one part type that's interchangeable, being the weighted metal disk. Apart from that, starting with Beyblade Burst Turbo (Hasbro's version of Cho-Z) Hasbro has been slowly removing features from beys, such as gimmicks, rubber/metal, and overall shaving weight off and making parts much lighter than their Takara Tomy counterparts.

While the removal of gimmicks has happened once in the past with Metal Fury (Hasbro's version of MFB 4D), Burst is the first time it's been so prominent throughout a generation. Additionally, all the parts from MFB were interchangeable with their Takara-Tomy counterparts, as well as being functionally identical up until Metal Fury. There's no guarantee that Hasbro will do this again in generation 4, however there's also no guarantee that they won't. 

TLDR; wait until the new generation gets announced/released, then (if you can afford to), buy the Takara Tomy releases. 
Although, if you're not looking to get into competitive and just want to play for fun, then you can pretty much ignore most of what I said.

EDIT: oops, sorry for the essay 😅
(Dec. 15, 2022  11:17 PM)comicstar100 Wrote: Hello Everyone. I'm wondering what advice you'd have for someone just getting into Beyblade today? I watched the original anime in the early 2000s but that's about it. I think the toys look like a lot of fun but feel a little overwhelmed. What starter sets would you recommend?  I keep seeing Takara is better than Hasbro. Is it that much of a difference for a new player?

Are you looking to go to tournaments/play competitively, or play more casually with other friends?
(Dec. 16, 2022  11:09 PM)Garishi Wrote:

Are you looking to go to tournaments/play competitively, or play more casually with other friends?
To start with casually with friends. Maybe move on to competitive later on.
(Dec. 16, 2022  11:26 PM)comicstar100 Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2022  11:09 PM)Garishi Wrote: Are you looking to go to tournaments/play competitively, or play more casually with other friends?
To start with casually with friends. Maybe move on to competitive later on.

I think either the B-191 or the B-203 set from Takara Tomy would be a good place to start. Either one gives you a few different beyblades and a good launcher. Neither gives you everything you would need for the current competitive meta, but each has some of the key parts you would want if you wanted to start going to tournaments.
(Dec. 18, 2022  8:17 AM)Garishi Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2022  11:26 PM)comicstar100 Wrote: To start with casually with friends. Maybe move on to competitive later on.

I think either the B-191 or the B-203 set from Takara Tomy would be a good place to start. Either one gives you a few different beyblades and a good launcher. Neither gives you everything you would need for the current competitive meta, but each has some of the key parts you would want if you wanted to start going to tournaments.

They would need a beystadium too though
(Dec. 31, 2022  7:19 PM)DedZeY Wrote:
(Dec. 18, 2022  8:17 AM)Garishi Wrote: I think either the B-191 or the B-203 set from Takara Tomy would be a good place to start. Either one gives you a few different beyblades and a good launcher. Neither gives you everything you would need for the current competitive meta, but each has some of the key parts you would want if you wanted to start going to tournaments.

They would need a beystadium too though

It would be appropriate to start with a standard type stadium, or a pro series stadium would fulfill its purpose well.

I would advice you to start with the Astral Spriggan Customization Set; B-188.Also the B-174 Limitbreak Dx Set would be a kickstarter for you because it contains pretty reliable and decent launchers, two beys and also a stadium. But, I think the most professional and acomplished launcher is the Db Customizable Launcher. Your knowledge will grow as you enter the media… So be yourself but avoid Flame,S3 and other unbranded products. As a choşce of beyblade I would advice you to obtain a beyblade from large evolution lines for example; Valkyrie, Achilles, Spriggan, Fafnir. To choose what Beyblade you would like the most:
1-Consider which type you would like the most(Attack, Stamina, Defense and Balance).
2-Research the gimmicks and specialities at beyblade.fandom.com or at YouTube.
3-Compare the price of the bey you chose with at least 5 other platforms. 
Caution! Don’t buy beys from e-bay or aliexpress!
Watch the animes (all if you can or just what you have access too) and pick which one you like the best when you get it you'll like it more especaily it being you're first. Or pick a series you like and get the best one for that series. if you want a my personal opinion just like some said the astral spriggan you cant go wrong if your into burst series.