Add a little attack to your stamina! Burn Cancer 230B

I picked up Rock Orso today because I had the gold sticker sheet for it (so pretty) and I really wanted B to try it out for stamina. The idea behind this combo is mode change for different heights, via shooting technique. For high track stamina combos use an aggressive sliding shoot to send B into "attack" mode and use Burn's recoil to KO other stamina combos. For low and mid-height stamina combos this technique wouldn't work, so instead you will utilize Burn's great stamina with the added bonus of 230. Use a very straight shot for these heights.

TT Attack Stadium
Beylauncher
230B always shot first

Burn Cancer 230B vs Burn Cancer 145WD
230B Wins 12/20

230B: 8 KOs, 4 OS
145WD: 2 KOs, 6 OS

Burn Cancer 230B vs Burn Cancer 100WD
230B Wins 19/20

230B: 1 KO, 18 OS
100WD: 1 OS

I didn't bother doing a ful set of tests for 90 and 85 because of 100's results. I did some informal testing and 230B always won.

I did some informal testing against 135WD, 125WD and D125, and it seems that using the sliding shoot does not work against tracks lower than 135.
Nice results. I always wondered if B had untapped Attack potential. Could you try with WB to see if the width of both bottoms makes any difference?
(Feb. 18, 2011  1:03 AM)ShadowPegasis Wrote: Nice results. I always wondered if B had untapped Attack potential. Could you try with WB to see if the width of both bottoms makes any difference?

I don't own WB, I'm sorry. I think it would lower stamina because it has more contact with the stadium right?
But still, I think it would balance out Stamina and Attack a bit more, as well as some mediocre Defence qualities. I'll try when (or if) I get my Attack Stadium.
Thanks.

I really would never suggest using this against an attack type of any height, due to B's wobbling and lack of friction.
umm if u want it to go between modes, just use CS right, but hmm this is interesting....
(Feb. 18, 2011  1:03 AM)ShadowPegasis Wrote: Nice results. I always wondered if B had untapped Attack potential. Could you try with WB to see if the width of both bottoms makes any difference?

I own a WB, got it with Rock Leone. It has awesome attack potential, stamina is quite bad, though it outspun my friend's Sagittario which was using the SD tip. With the sliding or catapult shoot, its attack is at its best, its egual to attack of any EG attack bey, example Dragoon G. Though its not as gud as MFB attack type bottoms like RF and HF......... Hope this helpedStupid
(Feb. 18, 2011  7:45 AM)abhicherath Wrote: umm if u want it to go between modes, just use CS right, but hmm this is interesting....

Yes, but that would sacrifice a LOT of stamina and make this more of an attack/defense bey than an attack/stamina bey. The thing that makes B so great is it has excellent stamina, and the ability to go into an aggressive attack mode.
(Feb. 18, 2011  12:56 AM)Evan Wrote: For low and mid-height stamina combos this technique wouldn't work, so instead you will utilize Burn's great stamina with the added bonus of 230.

Considering your talking about low/mid heights, it should actually be:

'230's great height with the added bonus of Burn's balance.'

Your sort of putting 230 in the back seat there, when its actually doing all the work in this case..
Also, your getting near what I was saying in my last thread, almost, with the whole different shooting technique = better performance. Anyway, cool stuff man.
Yeah i'm thinking this mainly wins because of 230.
Hmm.... nice result , but Evan when you get some time can you do some tests with Bassalt Bull 100 / 145 SD / WD , many thanks for the interesting results Smile
Ofcourse 230 is the reason this is winning, I'm just pointing out that using B with a sliding shot gives 230 a higher win rate over 145 than WD.
Just thought of something. Why not try JB? More Stamina than WB, more aggresiveness than B, it's the best of both worlds, IMO.
(Feb. 19, 2011  11:15 PM)ShadowPegasis Wrote: Just thought of something. Why not try JB? More Stamina than WB, more aggresiveness than B, it's the best of both worlds, IMO.

I don't own JB, I'm sorry. Could someone help?
No, JB has less stamina than b and wb.
But it does move more than both
I'd rather keep B then. I'd still like to see WB tests, but I think B will remain the go-to bottom for this niche. Excellent stamina and decent movement.
I tested the WB results. very sad
Attack stadium used.
Burn Cancer2 230WB Vs Burn Cancer AD145WD
BC OS
BC OS
BC OS
BC OS
BC OS
BC KO
BC2 OS
BC KO
BC2 KO
BC2 KO

BC2 Win rate 30%....

I also haved JB! I will test ASAP.
I realize that you're experimenting, but IMO, I think using CS instead of B in both cases would be a much better choice (without doing a sliding shoot; the goal is for CS to not go into Attack mode).
Woah! Completely new combo, Makes sense though. Hopefully, When I get my Attack Stadium, I will test this out.
I figured out B had attack potential a couple weeks ago with my Storm Serpent 125 B..... lol great test! I like the use of Burn!
(Feb. 20, 2011  6:18 AM)Kei Wrote: I realize that you're experimenting, but IMO, I think using CS instead of B in both cases would be a much better choice (without doing a sliding shoot; the goal is for CS to not go into Attack mode).

I've never used CS, but would't it have far worse stamina because of the rubber coating? The purpose of this is to be able to stay about on par with WD while allowing more movement to utilize Burn's recoil to KO other Burn combos.
I don't know much about WB vs. WD in stamina, but I can assure you that CS and WB have pretty equal stamina..
(Feb. 20, 2011  8:00 PM)Dan Wrote: I don't know much about WB vs. WD in stamina, but I can assure you that CS and WB have pretty equal stamina..

Great to hear! I would love to see how Burn Cancer 230CS does.