Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation

I absolutely love this game to death.

It gives you a sense of speed and craziness. It has those swooshing noises and it also has the constant engine noise from the plane.

The planes are different cosmetically and are different strategically. Some planes are used primarily for bombing runs or ground/sea assaults while others are mainly used for dogfighting/air-to-air combat.

Planes vary in terms of movement speed, how fast they turn, etc. The "Normal" control setting makes you think you really are flying a plane.

While practically any missile that is fired more than twice, has homing, or shoots ten at once is cheap, you can turn the ability to use missiles off when online.

Visuals are nice because it really does look like the real plane. Other effects like tracer rounds, missile smoke, explosions, etc give even a more sense of reality in this game.

Story is also nice and has often dropped my heart in sadness or has increased its heart rate due to excitement and suspense. The story makes me want to finish the game and see what happens. The people in the cutscenes look a bit scary when they start smiling, but otherwise the people in the cutscenes look nice. Expressions are easily displayed here. I don't like Melissa's VA when she's screaming. However, everybody else's VAs are great. There are a variety of accents, so no one sounds exactly the same.

Joystick is not needed, but I think it makes the game easier and more fun to play. For me, it is easier to control the planes with the joystick rather than with the regular 360 controller. There is a Left Stick button there for pulling off High-G turns (which you will need to for sharper turns). The Left Stick button is not connected to the D-Pad, so you don't have to worry about it. The Back button can definitely be placed somewhere else that can be easier to reach, as you mainly use this button to switch to your secondary missile.

Joystick comes with suction cups and an add-on to the joystick so people with smaller/thinner hands can use it easier. It's nice to grip too, because it feels more like rubber to me rather than plastic. But, the joystick can hurt your wrist. You get used to it after a few runs with it.

The Demo is just a teaser. It doesn't do it full justice.

I really would like it if people posted with thought in this topic. Thanks. Smile

Discuss.
bugturtles Wrote:I absolutely love this game to death.

It gives you a sense of speed and craziness. It has those swooshing noises and it also has the constant engine noise from the plane.

The planes are different cosmetically and are different strategically. Some planes are used primarily for bombing runs or ground/sea assaults while others are mainly used for dogfighting/air-to-air combat.

Planes vary in terms of movement speed, how fast they turn, etc. The "Normal" control setting makes you think you really are flying a plane.

While practically any missile that is fired more than twice, has homing, or shoots ten at once is cheap, you can turn the ability to use missiles off when online.

Visuals are nice because it really does look like the real plane. Other effects like tracer rounds, missile smoke, explosions, etc give even a more sense of reality in this game.

Story is also nice and has often dropped my heart in sadness or has increased its heart rate due to excitement and suspense. The story makes me want to finish the game and see what happens. The people in the cutscenes look a bit scary when they start smiling, but otherwise the people in the cutscenes look nice. Expressions are easily displayed here. I don't like Melissa's VA when she's screaming. However, everybody else's VAs are great. There are a variety of accents, so no one sounds exactly the same.

Joystick is not needed, but I think it makes the game easier and more fun to play. For me, it is easier to control the planes with the joystick rather than with the regular 360 controller. There is a Left Stick button there for pulling off High-G turns (which you will need to for sharper turns). The Left Stick button is not connected to the D-Pad, so you don't have to worry about it. The Back button can definitely be placed somewhere else that can be easier to reach, as you mainly use this button to switch to your secondary missile.

Joystick comes with suction cups and an add-on to the joystick so people with smaller/thinner hands can use it easier. It's nice to grip too, because it feels more like rubber to me rather than plastic. But, the joystick can hurt your wrist. You get used to it after a few runs with it.

The Demo is just a teaser. It doesn't do it full justice.

I really would like it if people posted with thought in this topic. Thanks. Smile

Discuss.

I heard some good reviews about this game from Gamespot. I guess they said something about the beginning being a little boring, but once you get into it its worth it. I would consider buying this game, but I have Ace Combat 4 and I never liked it that much, but yes that the game has evolved greatly. Even still though I saw the explosions and visuals and they look awesome. The gameplay also looks really fun, and the critics say that the battles can get pretty intense. I think I would really consider buying this game in the future when I have money lol
I honestly think you're the only person on this board playing Ace Combat 6 dude. lol
TheUnkownGod Wrote:I heard some good reviews about this game from Gamespot. I guess they said something about the beginning being a little boring, but once you get into it its worth it. I would consider buying this game, but I have Ace Combat 4 and I never liked it that much, but yes that the game has evolved greatly. Even still though I saw the explosions and visuals and they look awesome. The gameplay also looks really fun, and the critics say that the battles can get pretty intense. I think I would really consider buying this game in the future when I have money lol

The first few parts actually are boring due to the fact that there aren't multiple operations going on at once. As soon as you reach the first mission with multiple operations, it gets really crazy. I sometimes have a hard time keeping up and getting those operations accomplished.

Roan Wrote:I honestly think you're the only person on this board playing Ace Combat 6 dude. lol

I think so too. I think that the game needs a chance though.

People could always rent it and see how they like it. They could waste $5 rather than $60+ if they don't like it.

I also like how this game has actual plane manuevers. On some loading screens, a diagram and explanation of various moves are explained. Things like the Immelman Turn, Rolling Scissors, etc, are actual manuevers fighter pilots use.
man i want to play this game sooooooooo badly. though they released it for the 360 and i dont have one. and i dont intend to get one just for 1 game. gahhhhh

i absolutely loved 5 and Zero. and me and a firend of mine always play 4 whenever we can
Josh, the thing is there are SO many great games this fall, that most of us are already strapped for cash as it is.
Artie Wrote:Josh, the thing is there are SO many great games this fall, that most of us are already strapped for cash as it is.

I know. I'm low on money as well. Unhappy

---

Finished the game's story today. It was satisfying enough to me. No cliffhangers. I really liked this game's story.

Now it's time to get all the other goodies. (kill all Aces, unlock Ace of Aces Difficulty, all medals, Assault Records, etc) Smile
is it an independent story? cause Zero was a sort of prequel to 5
Fleetscut Wrote:is it an independent story? cause Zero was a sort of prequel to 5

I myself am not sure. This is my first Ace Combat game. I do think that they are loosely connected. There are a bit of references.

In my readings, I've heard of a Vampire Team (Vampire Team is not in AC6). Strigon Team can be translated to Vampire Team as well. There is also an Ace pilot who has a reference to the Vampire Team.

There are also more references to past games in the series, including symbols/emblems on various objects, planes, etc.

The main story is basically the Estovakians wage war against Emmeria. You play as an Emmerian pilot who's callsign is Talisman; the real name is not yet known until you get all the other Assault Records (I hope to think so anyway).

Weird how, you play as the main character, but he never talks. You see the story through the eyes (and voices) of multiple characters.
its like that in the ones ive played. you never hear the character you're playing as talk, you never see what he looks like, and you never find out his name besides his call sign
I want to play this series, i cant remeber which, 4, 5 or zero
DOGFIGHT! unsung heroes? i think thats 4
thats 5. its called the unsung war. zero is the belkan war and is a prequel to 5. 4 is called shattered skies i believe
is it really that good meteor blue

(bugturtles is a carp stupid name btw)
sam Wrote:is it really that good meteor blue

too bad he wasn't creative enough to come up with "sam" or "jack"
Tamer Brad Wrote:

[Image: katiexu1.jpg]
bugturtles is a cool name

don't worry, bugturtles
Fleetscut Wrote:thats 5. its called the unsung war. zero is the belkan war and is a prequel to 5. 4 is called shattered skies i believe

Yes 4 is called shattered skies (Puts in game)
Tamer Brad Wrote:

[Image: 6ktqn3t.gif]
Artie Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

[Image: 711dms1.jpg]
sam Wrote:
Artie Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

[Image: 360_death.gif]
enough now guys Lips_sealed
Artie Wrote:
sam Wrote:
Artie Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

[Image: 360_death.gif]
[Image: 6gijtxkwm4.gif]

edit: k brad
so this game is uh

not being enjoyed by many people? a little hardcore for me, personally. what with the abortion of a controller and all
o has anyone gotten the joystick accessory for the ps2? they were selling number 5 at some point bundled with it. though i only found out after i had already gotten the game
Plane Games(No pun intended).
I always loved plane games, there aren't that many that are good out there.. But I might try Ace Combat out, would this be for Xbox 360 too..? Or what..?