A site Medz and I made.

Poll: What do you think of the website?

I like it!
69.70%
It's okay, I guess.
18.18%
It stinks! What made you think you could run a site, anyway?
12.12%
Total: 100% 33 vote(s)
Nice website. Maybe a different themed background would be better, because no offense, but I don't believe dull black represents anime. Try a lighter background, or maybe put a few characters floating around.

I'm still deciding if I should sign up, because I only sign up for sites that I will really continuously post on, instead of signing up and never going to the forum again.
At least try, you'll like it, but occasionally it gets frustrating because often nobody's on except for me...
(Jun. 16, 2011  11:20 PM)Megablader9 Wrote: It's so nice that you guys check nearly every thread. I mean, Odin actually looked at and read the book I wrote. I really was re-motivated after that. (Thanks, Odin.) It's such a small community, that SPAM isn't a problem, and the higher-ups can actually read most if not all threads. Hopefully we don't have an OS version of "KIE-V" That would be sad.
Yes, I like being able to check nearly every thread. It makes the job simple and easy. When it comes to SPAM, there isn't really a problem with it. I've issued out very few warnings in the entire time that I've been a Moderator.

I'm currently looking for ways of advertising Otaku Space. I'm talking to Odin about making a deal with popular Scanlation websites. If the deal works out like I hope, Otaku Space could gain some major hype! Of course, all those new Members would make it harder to do my job, but I think it's worth it. Joyful_2

If anybody knows of any ways that we could advertise Otaku Space, please feel free to PM me and Odin to let us know! Joyful_2
I'll try to spread the word using my website and the Anime Club at my school next year, so you could have three or four new members by August. Sadly, that's really the best I can do, as a lot of the Anime club is made up of Facebook-loving people who tend to misspell 3rd grade words like "Roach" and "And" (roashes, as one of the 10th graders put it. And was spelled "nd" in a written essay by a 7th grader.)
Thank you, Megablader9. Joyful_2

I sent another PM to the owner of Haruhisuzumiya.net This PM looks much better than the last one. Joyful_2 He hasn't been online since June 21, so he should sign on any day now. Also, I sent a PM to one of their Global Moderators (YukiPwns00) asking her(?) to make sure that he reads the PM.

If the owner of Haruhisuzumiya.net agrees to my offer of becoming Affiliates, then this could help Otaku Space gain a pretty good amount of new Members. XD
No problem! Hah, I get a lot of my readers from Otaku Space, so why not give back? (Speaking of which... I need to upload the next chapter now... Your shout-out will be up by tomorrow.)
(Jul. 01, 2011  1:10 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: No problem! Hah, I get a lot of my readers from Otaku Space, so why not give back? (Speaking of which... I need to upload the next chapter now... Your shout-out will be up by tomorrow.)
Hah. We do get a lot of guests. I'm just wondering why a lot of those guests don't have profiles yet...

Shout-out? What Shout-out?
I said I'd advertise the site on Reflux Fiction. In fact, I might just do it now.
As of today, Otaku Space now has it's first affiliate, Harhuisuzumiya.net

This is thanks to me. Joyful_2

You'll see the Affiliates bar appear on Otaku Space whenever Medz signs online and adds it.
Good for you! Congratulations on the new affiliate, and I really hope it works out. Anyway, thanks, Bey-Heart.
Hey guys. If you have tried to get onto Otaku Space today, you may have noticed that the site is closed. We are doing some "Secretive Things" of which I'm not allowed to tell you. Anyways, I'll post here and tell you guys when we're finished. The site should probably open back up later on today, or tomorrow. It's not a HUGE change, but you should notice something.
Ah. I was wondering what was going on. Thanks for the update.
It seems that Otaku Space is back online. It seems that I was wrong about the new feature, it hasn't been implemented yet. But, you should see the new feature in the near future. Sorry about that. Joyful_2

Anyways, it's back online. Joyful_2
I know I made an account on OS, but I didn't see that it was back up, and now it won't let me log in. can you guys help me? same name there as here. EDIT: agh, never mind, I entered the wrong username
I still can't access OS.... is it still down?
Yeah, same here. I can't get on, it says that Firefox can't access the URL.
That happens sometimes but it gets fixed. Its a problem that OS need to face Uncertain.
(Jul. 06, 2011  12:30 PM)Soul_ Wrote: Its a problem that OS need to face Uncertain.

It is out of our control. Neither Medz, Bey-Heart, nor I know what is going on when Otaku Space bites the dust like this. It just has spotty connection, I guess. It'll get sorted out.
Sorry guys, bad news...

Medz Wrote:Guys, Im incredibly sorry but my host didn't inform me that subdomains won't be transfered to the new server. This means all of my files are lost, otaku space, my website, everything. I may have a back up from a few months ago of otaku space on my old laptop but I may not be able to host you guys...Regardless I can find you a good free host if you would like. Sorry for the inconvenience.
We are currently looking into getting a new host. But, the site might have to start back over from scratch... But, I can assure you, "we will not abandon Otaku Space and we mean that. However, if there is no better option, we will." Atleast, that's what Odin said, but I follow that idea completely

Also, does anybody know of any good free web hosts that they could tell us about? Sites like Webs.com, Etc.
Webs, Weebly, Zetaboards, they all work. Hah, then it's be slightly easier to advertise you guys on my site. It's no issue, we all know that you didn't do it on purpose. In fact, I think that it's awesome that you didn't just ditch the idea. (I probably would have... MY BEY-SPIRIT NEEDS TRAINING!)
Whatever host we choose, it's up to Odin.

Hah. When you learn to love a website, your not gonna give up on it. Tongue_out

You use Webs.com for your site, correct?
Yup, it's pretty cool. Hah, it's kinda annoying that I can only check the site stats for up to a 31 day period. Otherwise, I don't really have an issue with Webs.com.
(Jul. 09, 2011  2:21 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: Yup, it's pretty cool. Hah, it's kinda annoying that I can only check the site stats for up to a 31 day period. Otherwise, I don't really have an issue with Webs.com.
I used to run a website on Webs.com... It seemed pretty good and simple. I never had any problems with it. But I ended up shutting the site down.
Well, everybody, Otaku Space is officially back!
www.otakuspace.uphero.com
It's happy for me, and for the one or two people who actually remember it. However, there are a few Plugins that I'll be attempting to add over the next few weeks. But that shouldn't affect the site all too much, I should think.
THANK YOU! Dude, I finally have a place to talk about Baka Test! Sweet! (Actually, I was hoping that this would happen soon)
Signed up. It looks almost exactly the same!