A site Medz and I made.

Poll: What do you think of the website?

I like it!
69.70%
It's okay, I guess.
18.18%
It stinks! What made you think you could run a site, anyway?
12.12%
Total: 100% 33 vote(s)
I just joined.

Haha even dimsum2u joined.

I have to say, it's good but it needs...members.
Well, I'm glad you all like it so much.
Yeah thanks guys. We only started about 2 days ago so IMO, we're going at a decent pace.

Heads up, theres going to be a big update coming soon.
Big update already? Sheesh. What are you guys doing?
(Feb. 24, 2011  5:00 PM)Nano Wrote: Big update already? Sheesh. What are you guys doing?
We're taking Kai-V's suggestion. We can't say anything else, but it'll look much better when it's done.
i seriously think that this is the second best website i've joined, and guess what! i'm going to post the stories on and perhaps an exclusive one too!
I am aware of the date of the previous post, but I am reviving this thread anyway. I have some news: after over a month down, Otaku Space has opened again. However, there have not been any major changes. That aside, several small changes have been implemented. For instance, users may now change usernames. This gives users a bit more freedom to express themselves, similar to here.

However, there is still a problem with the site. We don't know what the users want it to be like, so that means that there may be some features that you are unhappy about. If that is the case, you can post it here, or in the Fast Suggestions thread on Otaku Space. Also, I'd love your comments as to what you think about the site. This whole second paragraph has been stated before, but I still believe that the site can be made better.
(Jun. 10, 2011  9:59 PM)Odin Wrote: but I still believe that the site can be made better.
Yes, it can.

I would like to say: If any of you are unhappy with the site because of the lack of activity, blame yourselves, not us. I'm usually online, so I see if there are any new members or if anybody is online. And to be honest, you guys are very inactive. So if you want the site to pick up activity, your gonna have to get online. That's all.

Also, I would like to inform all of you that our problem with the multiple accounts posting inappropriate links in their signatures, has been solved. Joyful_2 You can thank Kai-V for helping us with that. She found out a lot more info on the individual than any of us were able to. Joyful_2

And here is some other news. Well, it's not really news. But, were working on filling every section with topics for multiple Anime. This way, there will be more to talk about on the site. This is just a small step to get the site moving. If you have been online in the past few days, you might have noticed the new topics for Anime like D. Gray-Man and Trigun. We hope to have at least a few Anime topics in each section of the site. You can help us, if you wish to. This might take a little bit though since we're going to have to search our memories, or watch Anime's online and on Netflix that fit into each category. So feel free to help.

ALL USERS WHO BECOME MORE ACTIVE AND HELP CREATE THOSE TOPICS FOR EACH SECTION GET BROWNIE POINTS!! XD That was just a joke of course. But these are a few of the steps that could help get the site moving.
(Jun. 11, 2011  12:21 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote: But these are a few of the steps that could help get the site moving.

And possibly your valves...
(Jun. 11, 2011  12:21 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2011  9:59 PM)Odin Wrote: but I still believe that the site can be made better.
And to be honest, you guys are very inactive.

It's probably because most of the users who aren't on WBO haven't found out that OS is back up yet. And BTW, I'm usually on a lot, but I know that you're referring to all users in general.

EDIT: I used to be Thor on OS, but now I changed my username to Ryuk. Big surprise XD!
(Jun. 11, 2011  1:27 AM)Ryuk Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2011  12:21 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
And to be honest, you guys are very inactive.

It's probably because most of the users who aren't on WBO haven't found out that OS is back up yet. And BTW, I'm usually on a lot, but I know that you're referring to all users in general.
Yes, I have noticed you being online. Including that you welcomed a new member.

I just saw like 3-4 guests online a few minutes ago. I searched their I.P. Addresses and none of them had accounts yet. So, hopefully they join.
Not going to lie. Having a banner of all Shoen characters is pretty upsetting (kids these days).
Nevertheless the site itself looks good, I'll join soon. Smile
(Jun. 11, 2011  1:54 AM)Robsta Wrote: Not going to lie. Having a banner of all Shoen characters is pretty upsetting (kids these days).
Hah. I just noticed that! XD if we ever change the Banner, I'll make sure we add characters from other companies. XD

Thank you Robsta. It's great to see another person taking interest.

Apparently, we have exactly 50 members, now that Dan has joined.
Just joined! Seems like lots of WBO members are on it but that's probably because it was made by Odin!
Edit:Apperently I'm Awaiting Activation could take sum time :p
Ha , this website is amazing ! I have joined there and the username's Legend X , Odin created the account for me because the site was under maintenance. Again , the site is cool !
i liked the site and banner is awesome categories r good too
(Jun. 11, 2011  3:24 AM)sum 472 Wrote: Just joined! Seems like lots of WBO members are on it but that's probably because it was made by Odin!
Edit:Apperently I'm Awaiting Activation could take sum time :p
To activate your account on Otaku Space, you need to check your email. You should receive an email that will activate your account
Odin you need to make it so theres no activation email. im neva goin back until u fix this. great site though.
(Jun. 12, 2011  9:31 PM)CyberPegasus29 Wrote: Odin you need to make it so theres no activation email. im neva goin back until u fix this. great site though.
Most websites have email activation. WBO even has email activation.

It's not like it matters. Besides, you can set it so that nobody can see your email. Even me and Odin!
i mean no verification e-mail sending. wbo doesn't have that.
What is possibly wrong with that? It helps reduce the amount of spam accounts created as not many bots can go through the activation process unless they are coded really well.

(Jun. 11, 2011  1:54 AM)Robsta Wrote: Not going to lie. Having a banner of all Shoen characters is pretty upsetting (kids these days).

Ahaha, my bad. You see I was the one who made the banner and I hadn't really done research on any other animes a part from the ones that I have watched or know of and was pretty eager to get the site up and running. Like Odin mentioned, if we switch to a new banner, we'll take what you said into consideration.
I was thinking earlier about Otaku Space, and I thought something was missing from the Anime and Manga section. I was thinking about what it was, when it hit me. There was no Sports section. Now, this isn't about sports like football, or swimming, it's about manga like "Tomorrow's Joe" and "Prince of Tennis". I haven't really looked read many sports manga, but the site is about any kind.
It's so nice that you guys check nearly every thread. I mean, Odin actually looked at and read the book I wrote. I really was re-motivated after that. (Thanks, Odin.) It's such a small community, that SPAM isn't a problem, and the higher-ups can actually read most if not all threads. Hopefully we don't have an OS version of "KIE-V" That would be sad.