A member from way back when

Hello! I'm mostly here for nostalgia purposes and to see if anyone is here from years ago. I used to help run a beyblade website (lightningrevolver.net) with my friend david (fatalsin). How goes things?

As for me I have been busy trying to be an adult and do adult things. I run my own food business now, most of my time is used up with that.
Hiya.
Nice name. Ha.
(Oct. 24, 2015  7:11 AM)Neo Wrote: Hiya.
Nice name. Ha.

Hi neo, nice to meet you. Thank you. Smile
These names are becoming quite interesting I will admit, welcome to the wbo.
(Oct. 24, 2015  3:34 PM)Meta madness Wrote: These names are becoming quite interesting I will admit, welcome to the wbo.

Thank you Smile
Omg! Lightningrevolver.net? I think probably @[Cye Kinomiya] and myself are the only ones that will remember that site here anymore.

I definitely remember @[Fatal Sin]. What was your username?

Welcome to the WBO!
(Oct. 25, 2015  4:20 AM)Kei Wrote: Omg! Lightningrevolver.net? I think probably @[Cye Kinomiya] and myself are the only ones that will remember that site here anymore.

I definitely remember @[Fatal Sin]. What was your username?

Welcome to the WBO!

Hi kei! Smile I'm not sure what it was since I had so many. It was probably either "deathwish" or "even" and way back on off the chain it was "animefreak3000" or something like that. Hah

I remember beyblade spirit, lightning revolver, beyuk, otc, beyblade tempest, blue blazes, zero positive, beyblade damashi, beyblade blitzkreig etc..Smile
I remember LightningRevolver.net too hah. Playing_riffs sort of reminds me of something, but it might have been someone else.
First time I have used this username as I had to change it. lol
Death Wish sounds vaguely familiar ...

(Oct. 25, 2015  4:25 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I remember LightningRevolver.net too hah. Playing_riffs sort of reminds me of something, but it might have been someone else.

Oh really? I don't remember you being on there.
I ran my own forum for a while (gosh I can't even remember the name, maybe beyblade evolution)? Which was kind of popular but it was at a time where the whole community was very fractured.
Yeah, for a while between like 2005-2006 there was no real central place where the community congregated; there was a wide variety Beyblade forums being ran by others. I think things started to turn around when Beyblade Forums came along, and then obviously, when this site was launched in October 2007.
(Oct. 25, 2015  4:48 AM)Kei Wrote: Yeah, for a while between like 2005-2006 there was no real central place where the community congregated; there was a wide variety Beyblade forums being ran by others. I think things started to turn around when Beyblade Forums came along, and then obviously, when this site was launched in October 2007.

Around 2007 is when I pretty much lost contact with the community. I was at college at the time so I was busy with real life stuffs. How have you been keeping? I remember you and kai-v's usernames very well.
(Oct. 25, 2015  4:35 AM)Playing_riffs Wrote: I ran my own forum for a while (gosh I can't even remember the name, maybe beyblade evolution)? Which was kind of popular but it was at a time where the whole community was very fractured.

(Oct. 25, 2015  4:48 AM)Kei Wrote: Yeah, for a while between like 2005-2006 there was no real central place where the community congregated; there was a wide variety Beyblade forums being ran by others. I think things started to turn around when Beyblade Forums came along, and then obviously, when this site was launched in October 2007.

Is it possibly Fun City or something like that hah ? That is the only other message board I remember.
I remember fun city and being part of it but it wasn't my creation. The forum I made was on invision free though. I guess it dosen't matter anyway, so long ago!
(Oct. 25, 2015  4:53 AM)Playing_riffs Wrote: Around 2007 is when I pretty much lost contact with the community. I was at college at the time so I was busy with real life stuffs. How have you been keeping? I remember you and kai-v's usernames very well.

Since 2007? Finished high school, watched an entire generation of Beyblade come and go, experienced the WBO coming into existence and explode in popularity, graduated from college, got a job, self-published a photobook, then the miraculous launch of the newest series, Beyblade Burst! And a couple other things. So ... not much. Smile

(Oct. 25, 2015  4:58 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Is it possibly Fun City or something like that hah ? That is the only other message board I remember.

what was fun city, seriously
(Oct. 25, 2015  6:52 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2015  4:53 AM)Playing_riffs Wrote: Around 2007 is when I pretty much lost contact with the community. I was at college at the time so I was busy with real life stuffs. How have you been keeping? I remember you and kai-v's usernames very well.

Since 2007? Finished high school, watched an entire generation of Beyblade come and go, experienced the WBO coming into existence and explode in popularity, graduated from college, got a job, self-published a photobook, then the miraculous launch of the newest series, Beyblade Burst! And a couple other things. So ... not much. Smile

(Oct. 25, 2015  4:58 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Is it possibly Fun City or something like that hah ? That is the only other message board I remember.

what was fun city, seriously

That's really cool that you have done all of that, you must have mixed feelings on seeing a whole generation come and go. On one hand, new people gaining interest is fantastic but on the other, seeing people move on is kinda sad.
(Oct. 25, 2015  8:30 AM)Playing_riffs Wrote: That's really cool that you have done all of that, you must have mixed feelings on seeing a whole generation come and go. On one hand, new people gaining interest is fantastic but on the other, seeing people move on is kinda sad.

Yeah, seeing countless great people inevitably leave is definitely the saddest part of being around for so long. But after a while you realize that as long as we're still around new people will always find us, so there's always an opportunity to make new connections. Many of the old people who move on still come back from time to time (like yourself) anyways. It's nothing you can really control to any great degree because people change, so you just have to appreciate people while they are here, and for however long they are here for. Smile
In a strange way it's kind of like having a friend at school and then you finish and you barely see them again, the friends I had in the beyblade community were the only friends I had back then, which I will always have fond memories of. I suppose it's easier to keep in touch with social networking being as popular as it is now. We had msn and myspace but people still seemed to loose contact over time.

I'm glad you guys are still around and doing this, I hope some of the younger members are having as much fun as we did on forums and with beyblade.
[Image: CwdjPNO.jpg]

:')

I have only the faintest memories of Fun City, it's like a dream. And then Beyblade Forums and of course, Beywiki and subsequently the WBO. It's pretty crazy the rocky road this community's had but cool that it's both stabilized and can continue to attract people back into it Smile

And while it's sad that people leave, you have people like Kei and Kai-V and many others here who got into it young and it's stayed with them since. And when Beyblade latches onto your life, it seems to have a magnetism that very few other hobbies do.

I think it's because it's the closest you can get to living in a cool shonen anime.

All that to say: welcome back, glad you found us!
(Oct. 26, 2015  1:44 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [Image: CwdjPNO.jpg]

:')

I have only the faintest memories of Fun City, it's like a dream. And then Beyblade Forums and of course, Beywiki and subsequently the WBO. It's pretty crazy the rocky road this community's had but cool that it's both stabilized and can continue to attract people back into it Smile

And while it's sad that people leave, you have people like Kei and Kai-V and many others here who got into it young and it's stayed with them since. And when Beyblade latches onto your life, it seems to have a magnetism that very few other hobbies do.

I think it's because it's the closest you can get to living in a cool shonen anime.

All that to say: welcome back, glad you found us!

I agree, I can't think of another toy quite like beyblade that got people hooked as much. Even though that anime is amazing, the beyblades themselves were really well thought out and realistic. It didn't seem like a gimmick to just get people to watch the anime. If that makes any sense.

I'm glad I found this place too. Thank you. Smile