A long time coming

…this post/thread is supposed to be my introduction, so let’s get one thing straight.

For me, this has been a long time comin.

My name is RJ. That’s short for RipJaw, or RipperJaw, whatever you wanna call me, that’s what I go by. I’m not picky.

Beyblade has been a part of my life since…
…bout near as long as I can remember.

One of my first toys were the original plastic generation (Bakuten Shoot as I call them) beyblades…a collapsible blue and green stadium, and some launchers, that my cousins gave me. I wasn’t even five years old. I was born in late ‘99, so I was born right around the start of Beyblade itself…and ironically it was also one of the first cartoons, and dare I say first anime I ever watched, the original Beyblade cartoon/anime. 

Ever since that point, in some way, shape, or form…I was involved with Beyblade. It wasn’t always in the foreground of my life, sometimes it took a bit of a backseat, for things like education, career, or life in general but it was always there and somehow occasionally I’d find myself back around it.

now I’m seeing just how big the competitive scene has gotten, especially with the release of Beyblade X…and I’m excited.

I’ve been wanting to see a massive, maybe even global competitive scene in Beyblade for a very long time, and more importantly, I’ve wanted to actually be IN that competitive scene.

And now I have a chance too…and brotha I'm ready.

I’m excited to finally get a chance to step my foot in the ring and see where I stack up. I’m old school. I was crawling around when the first Beyblades were coming out…I’ve practically grown up with them. So I’d like to see..what I can do.

I don’t know if that makes me “old guard” because of..how long I’ve been around them, but if it does, then alright.
I hope you all are ready to face one of the “old guard”, then, ‘cause I’m here now, I’m steppin up, I’m takin on any challenge, any arena, that I can, against anybody, doesn’t matter. Bring it on.

-RJ.