A few simple reforms.

Hello!

It recently came to our attention that the WBO General forum was very unorganized. Admittedly, we can understand the members who did not try to look for already existing topics for certain areas. To fix this situation, the WBO General forum has been divided into four sub-forums, each representing one main part of the world: North America, Europe, Australia, and the rest, since only a few members pertain to the other locations. It should be a lot easier to find certain topics or potential events this way. Any new topic made should be created in either one of the sub-forums.

We also want to introduce a new prefix system for both the WBO General and the Bey Marketplace forums. For the former, you now have to write the city and country you are interested in before the title. For instance, if I were to create a thread called “Anyone here in Las Vegas??”, I would have to add a prefix of the complete location right before that, so the actual topic title would end up being : “[Las Vegas, USA] Anyone here in Las Vegas??”. You could also totally omit any sort of made-up title and simply write “[Las Vegas, USA]” as the title of your topic. All of the current threads have been edited and will be moved into their respective sub-forum shortly.
For the Bey Marketplace forum, the prefixes are merely to really specify what the thread is about, since some new members have been replying to “want to buy” topics with “want to buy” responses as if it were a sale thread. Therefore, we now ask that if you want to buy something, put “[BUYING]” at the beginning of your title, or “[SELLING]” if you are looking to sell some of your Beyblade items. You can also write “[TRADING]” if that is your intention, or “[SHOP]” if you could do all three.
Those prefixes are obligatory by the way, unless the topic you want to create is very different to the situations we have listed, which should not really happen. If users who are still active could edit their topic title, we would appreciate it; otherwise, we only want every new thread made in either of those forums to have a corresponding prefix. A proper plugin will probably be installed for the Bey Marketplace forum anyway, so everything will be easier.

The stickied topics of the Bey Marketplace forum have been cleaned up as well. There will be a new "Want to know what to buy for MFB? Look here." topic, which will be locked because there is no discussion to be had in it; once new Beyblades are released, they will be tested, and if they are very useful, they will be added. Any other question will go in the Purchase Consultation thread.

Concerning the Beypoint System, there have been a few issues in the Committee and we need to finalize several things before we finally release the new system, but it is ready. Hopefully you will all like the projects we are trying to prepare.

Contest now up! http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Design-a...em-Contest
Wow Rofl.Nice Job Committee, This must of toke a while.

Sweet, A contest Smile
Sounds like sensible adjustments in time for the release of BMF in spring.
Very good call.

AND A NEW FACE CONTEST! W00T!
Noice, this will make it easier Smile

Its been a while since the last face contest, so i'm looking forward to it!
wow 1st face contest ive seen around, cool and good work.
Love the new ideas! Can't beleive how much WBO is changed and how better it has gotten Smile
Hehe, so tommorows the contest? Im going to give it a shot if I can. Also edited my threads already with the tags.
a question, what about off topic threads, you didnt mention them, so should we change them or not?
Very nice. Helps organize everything alot better.
(Jan. 22, 2010  9:19 PM)bey tempest Wrote: a question, what about off topic threads, you didnt mention them, so should we change them or not?
Off-topic threads like what ? In which forum ? There are certain topics that relate to tournaments in general that do not fit in either of the sub-forums of the WBO General forum, so those have been left there. Otherwise, I am not certain what you are talking about.
topics in general discussion do they need tags or what?
(Jan. 22, 2010  9:57 PM)bey tempest Wrote: topics in general discussion do they need tags or what?
No, that is fine. They do not need any specific organization compared to the other forums we have targeted.
I like this new Sub-forum thing. It will keep the forum clean when Metal Fight Beyblade is out worldwide and brings WBO a lot more members. I'll be sure to compete in this Face contest as well.
Great updates. And very exited for the face contest. Isn't it tomorrow already!? XD
We had to wait for a fair "tomorrow" for most people, at least.

---

The contest is now up! http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Design-a...em-Contest
quick question if there becomes more members from new zealand would we post in the austraila sub forum since theyre so close?
I'd imagine not many people from New Zealand will consider going to a tournament in Australia.
(Jan. 26, 2010  5:26 PM)Benkei Wrote: I'd imagine not many people from New Zealand will consider going to a tournament in Australia.

i ment cause genraly New zealand is marked under austraila on alot of sites was just wondering if it would be the same here
The prefix plugin has been now been added. When you create a topic, or full edit your opening post, you should see a small box right before the field for the title. You can choose from BUYING, SELLING, TRADING and SHOP, so you do not have to manually write it in the title field beside it. The brackets will appear automatically.

So since it is written at at least two places that prefixes have to be used and that the plugin makes it so easy now, members who will create new threads in the Bey Marketplace forum without using a prefix will get a certain warning.

Also, once again, if people who already have topics there could edit their titles, it would be appreciated, but most of the active ones currently have a manual prefix already, so it is fine.
That should be a bit easier. Good work!Smile
i like the new way you organized it