A MFB Balance type

We got my Gemios yesterday and the other reshuffle set today, so my brother and I have been testing parts all day. After dinner, my brother wanted to try to make a balance type of sorts for MFB, so he tried out Gemios100FS, but it didn't work the best. So, then he tried Gemios100SF and got even worse results. Finally, he tried Aquarrio100FS, and it suprised both of us.

I will be posting up two videos soon showing how well it did. It has beaten LibraD125B, VirgoDF145BS/B, Gemios105F, and Leone105F to name a few. This is all just first to 3 battles, but Aquarrio won most of them consistently (no losses or "crappy launching by me" losses). I ask you to try these out against the better combos that I am not able to get a hold of (MF Libra C145WB, Quetz/Storm 90RF, Flame DF145D) and tell me how well it does. Of course, it shouldn't be able to win as much, but it should do pretty good. Try MF Aquarrio90FS, too.

VIDEOS:
Part1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsGki00ggzc
Part2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdQJ6jQpomY
Part3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb8zMeR-ScY
ill try this out tomarrow seeing as its late and my parents wont appreciate the sounds at this time...

i can test it against LibraC145WB, FlameDF145B (or VirgoDF145B), and Pegasis100HF.

~Hope it works Grin~
Ok, kool. I already tested it against Pegasis100HF, though. Also, most of these matches (all the recorded ones) were in Tornado Balance.
o uhh i should probably mention that i dont have a MFB attack stadium yet? (its in the mail~)

I just got back an hour ago... so uhh same thing applies as in my last post.. (ill test these first thing in the morning if you still want me to...)
So, what stadium do you have instead? I don't have the MFB Attack stadium either, though.
sorry for this to come so late... ive had alot of work lately...

i currently have the Takara attack stadium from the plastic generation... (yea that old... it doesnt have a tornado ridge so it doesnt really utilize the FS bottom) but ive ordered the pegasis DX set a while ago and it should be here soon... but under my circumstances atm... i wont be able to test this in the MFB attack stadium until the 20th... which is quite the wait... (im going to a lacrosse camp that week...)

let me know is you still want me to do it and sorry about the wait,
Limeguy64
You don't have to do it yourself if you don't want to. I just want someone else to be able to test this and see if they get good results like I did or not. I believe FS has potential.
(Jul. 08, 2009  10:32 PM)Ghost Wrote: I have FS .. what do I need to test?

Did you read the OP?
Test Aquarrio100(or 90)FS against a staple attack, defense, and/or stamina beyblade like MF Libra C145WB, Quetz/Storm 90RF, or Flame DF145D and post the results. I want to see how well it does against them.
Oh.. I don't have the aquario wheel..
i know this isnt exactly what u wanted... but ive been messing around with Rock Aquario100FS and ive been quite happy with the results... given it stays in the stadium it beats LibraC145WB by outspin, and often KOs when FS acts aggressively. It beats Flame SaggitarioD125B by outspin (getting under flame is quite easy... and u can knock it off balance here and it doesnt usually get back up... Grin), but im having a tougher time beating VirgoD125B constantly... its also never beaten Pegasis100HF (of Flat) except for when Pegasis has run itself out of the stadium or its tied by double KO.

ill get on Aquario100FS soon... but keep in mind this is all in my ancient stadium... and not the MFB attack stadium (NO TORNADO RIDGE Angry)
alrightyyy so this is Aquario100FS vs. LibraC145WB

Limeguy64 Wrote:Aquario100FS vs. LibraC145WB

Test 1~
LibraC145WB launches 1st:
R1: Aquario100FS (OS)
R2: Aquario100FS (OS)
R3: LibraC145WB (KO)

Test 2~
Aquario100FS launches 1st:
R1: LibraC145WB (OS)
R2: LibraC145WB (KO)
R3: Draw

Test 3~
LibraC145WB launches 1st:
R1: LibraC145WB (KO)
R2: Aquario100FS (OS)
R3: Aquario100FS (OS)

Test 4~
R1: Aquario100FS (OS)
R2: Draw
R3: Aquario100FS (KO)
Aquario100FS vs. VirgoD125B
Quote:Aquario100FS vs. VirgoD125B

Test 1~
VirgoD125B launches 1st:
R1: Aquario100FS (KO)
R2: Draw (double KO)

Test 2~
R1: Draw (double KO)
R2: Aquario100FS (KO)
R3: Aquario100FS (KO)

Test 3~
VirgoD125B launches 1st:
R2: VirgoD125B (OS)

Test 4~
R2: VirgoD125B (KO)
R3: VirgoD125B (KO)

I've found that a balance type consisting of Attack and Stamina, such as Aquario100FS, tends to beat types that are disadvantageous to said types. FS beats Defensive blades by staying in stamina mode, and FS beats Stamina blades by switching in and out of stamina and attack mode. Here, if it stays primarily in stamina mode, it will often outspin stamina combos. If it stays primarily in attack mode, it will often knock out stamina combos.
But then wouldn't it be smarter to use a more circular wheel with more smash.. to gain more stamina in stamina mode.. and more smash attack in attack mode?
haha im just testing it and reporting my findings Tongue_out

like i mentioned before... ive been messing around with Rock Aquario100FS and have found it to work very similarly, if not providing more smash and less recoil.

what wheel would u suggest?
(Jul. 09, 2009  10:45 PM)Ghost Wrote: But then wouldn't it be smarter to use a more circular wheel with more smash.. to gain more stamina in stamina mode.. and more smash attack in attack mode?

A more circular wheel with more smash? What did you have in mind?
I'm happy with your results, too. It worked as well as it did for me. Grin
I tried leone.. even though its circular and has smash.. it has to many ridges to have good stamina..
I tried libra.. it is too heavy..
I tried the metal wheel from Dark Wolf..it worked alright..Beating VirgoDF145B on like a 65% ratio..
Beating MFLibraD125WB(Don't have better track).. with about the same ratio.. and losing almost every single time vs StormPegasis100RF
I was wondering about pisces, gemios, aries, bull, capricorne, quetz, escorpio, ldrago, rock, storm as wheel for the balance type..
All which I dont have except for storm..i can try storm myself..
Maybe you can try the others.. lol..

I think it's obvious to say it must be a mix between attack power and stamina..
No amount of defense can protect you from storm with a balance combo.. maybe using MF, but that would lower the already low stamina when its defending.. Also Defense and attack doesn't work that well becuz it can never move fast enough to knock out MFLibraD125WB consistently.. and the stamina sucks all together..
So definetly attack and stamina is best..

My FS never circles around the stadium.. not even when I launch it really hard..
What it does, when it gets knocked.. is it closes back into the enemy really fast and hard..
Also if I try sliding shoot.. I have to be so precise due to the smallness of the tip that it usually goes out of control and destroys itself..
You could blaim it to my sliding shot.. but I can use it on Speg perfectly so I don't think thats the case..
haha yea ive been trying pisces and rock, never thought to use ldrago..., and rock has been working quite well, if not better than aquario (in terms of smash attack), and pisces is more stamina based so its been beating combos like VirgoDF145B rather consistently.

Rock makes this balance lean more toward attack
Pisces makes this balance lean more toward stamina

(i lack the other wheels besides ldrago and dark)

just for the record...

dark doesnt help this combo at all... it makes it loose regularly instead of winning majority of the time...

also... ldrago's wheel lacks the stamina that it needs to survive even against defensive types (LibraC145WB)
o and on a different note...

with the use of rock, im finding the clear wheels make a difference as well...

my orange pegasis clear wheel worsens the combo (i assume its lacking the necessary weight to help this combo, as does the saggitario clear wheel), whereas aquario, leone, and wolf clear wheels tend to fair quite well (aquario being the best, and wolf doing better than sagg and pegasis but not as well as aquario and leone).

clear wheels in order from most helpful to least helpful for this combo (using rock, as dark, and flame dont help, and i dont have storm):

Aquario, Leone, Wolf, Saggitario, Pegasis

(i dont have bull or LLdrago)
I tried gemios100FS and this combination was better. It had more stamina.
But still enough attack to knock stamina's down?

Cuz if we can find a balance combo that defeats Stamina and Defense consistently..
Defense by OS and Stamina by KO or simply knocking it around so often it stops spinning fast..
Then we might have made a step towards a viable balance combo..
Actually, I haven't had much success with the Gemios wheel for attack at all, even in actual attack combinations. :\
It works, but Aquarrio does better.
i think the best thing we can do with this balance combination is, as you originally posted, Aquario100FS, or if you feel like venturing into a HWS balance type, go with Rock Aquario100FS. The aquario clear wheel changes performance drastically as compared to other clear wheels.

also... a not very obvious counter to Rock Aquario100FS is Pisces100SF (found it messing around with some ideas put out in this thread... i was trying SF for a balance combo and i stated how pisces, in conjunction with 100FS, is more stamina based... and i pitted them against each other...)

there is massive amounts of recoil between these two and it either ends with a Rock Aquario KO or a double KO haha much fun XD
I'm so glad that we are on the verge of having a viable balance type through FS. Good job and good luck to you all who are working on this!
Heh, maybe getting the Dark Wolf I ordered through MOJ won't be so pointless after all. Smile
you may wanna try pegasis's wheel, it is light and quite good in stamina
^ are you talking about regular pegasis, or storm the metal wheel that comes with storm pegasis?

just want to be on the same page Grin