4 Hours- A Vignette

I had to write what's known as a vignette for a literacy project, and decided I liked it enough to post it here. C+C?

4 Hours-Vignette

4 hours.

Just a night at the bowling alley, an order of nachos with cheese, and a kiss sweeter than honey. That was it, nothing more.

4 hours.

Her caramel hair, hazel eyes, and perfume smelling of cocoa beans. All of these memories rung in my brain like chimes from silver bells, each one striking a chord in my mind. I wanted to forget her, to move on and find someone else. She was gone, and I needed to accept that fact.

4 hours.

It felt like a dream to me, sweeter than maple syrup or powdered sugar. The whole memory was a blur, none of it rang clear. A muddled, fuzzy, faint memory of the greatest night of my life. I had met a girl at the bowling alley...something about nachos...and a kiss before she left and dissapeared out of my life forever, no street address or phone number to contact her by. No, nothing at all. A far away wish in an impossible world. I hadn't expected her to.

But I had hoped.

Now I was alone again. Just me and my house, without anyone else to laugh with or cry with. No one to hold or to cuddle up against. No one. Just me, all alone in my lonely house. And her? She was a brief smile in my life. A tiny nibble of chocolate or a fleeting glimpse of heaven. Just like that, in and out of my life. And that was it. Like the cloud you could never reach, the star you chased but could never find. Yep.

4 hours.