3d Printed Beyblade Format

1234beyblade Are you able to check this thread out and see if test tournaments will be possible?
(Aug. 21, 2022  4:43 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote: Ok, so that was a really long paragraph, and I have a really short attention span, but what I got from that is that your org is one that holds beyblade tournaments for schools (presumably in Texas, hence the name), and has seen the rules for this in progress format, and decided that this is a good format to use at other events. Am I correct or did I miss something?

Not quite the point. Sorry for the long paragraph. I got exited with so much good beyblade news going on with us. 

Long story short: We want a 3d printed/crafted format and regulations worked out, but the ideas from the beyblade community on it are not worked out enough yet to match what universities and companies are willing to pay or let us use their equipment for. The end goal is to make a workshop like school program where beyblade club members can enter to learn 3d item crafting by making their own beyblade parts and competing with them at our bigger competitions. With enough things worked out, companies will sponsor and support clubs, teams, and potential pro players. 

This is not limited to Texas, as national organizations want and have asked for our beyblade programs at other schools and universities in other states. We have had to turn a lot of that down unfortunately. I am trying to collect any major ideas or support to present to the TBBL advisors and planning team because I want to see a pro beyblade league bringing in bladers from all over the US.
(Aug. 27, 2022  4:56 AM)Zarius Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2022  4:43 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote: Ok, so that was a really long paragraph, and I have a really short attention span, but what I got from that is that your org is one that holds beyblade tournaments for schools (presumably in Texas, hence the name), and has seen the rules for this in progress format, and decided that this is a good format to use at other events. Am I correct or did I miss something?

Not quite the point. Sorry for the long paragraph. I got exited with so much good beyblade news going on with us. 

Long story short: We want a 3d printed/crafted format and regulations worked out, but the ideas from the beyblade community on it are not worked out enough yet to match what universities and companies are willing to pay or let us use their equipment for. The end goal is to make a workshop like school program where beyblade club members can enter to learn 3d item crafting by making their own beyblade parts and competing with them at our bigger competitions. With enough things worked out, companies will sponsor and support clubs, teams, and potential pro players. 

This is not limited to Texas, as national organizations want and have asked for our beyblade programs at other schools and universities in other states. We have had to turn a lot of that down unfortunately. I am trying to collect any major ideas or support to present to the TBBL advisors and planning team because I want to see a pro beyblade league bringing in bladers from all over the US.

If you want i can give you editing/suggesting permissions on the document. If so, just pm me your gmail.
There are a lot of big problems with any 3d printed tournaments, personally, I think that the only limit that should be placed is weight, size, and limiting metal. Other limits don't make sense because things like burst stoppers are easily accessible and doable for anyone. If everyone can have them then no one is at a disadvantage in that aspect unless they purposely put themselves at a disadvantage.

Additionally, 3d printed teeth can actually be very strong if printed and modeled correctly.

Source: Used to own a server that does 3d printed bey tournaments.
Just my thoughts on the matter.
(Aug. 22, 2022  8:54 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote: 1234beyblade Are you able to check this thread out and see if test tournaments will be possible?

Kay, so this didn't work...
(Aug. 29, 2022  2:16 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2022  8:54 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote: 1234beyblade Are you able to check this thread out and see if test tournaments will be possible?

Kay, so this didn't work...
Their last post is in 2020 i believe, so i don't think that they are still active on this website.
(Aug. 29, 2022  2:52 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2022  2:16 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote: Kay, so this didn't work...
Their last post is in 2020 i believe, so i don't think that they are still active on this website.

I saw him at a tournament tho. Guess he was just helping out...
This format seems really cool, If it ever is added to the formats, I'll definitely go with my sultan jinnius, wheel, and atomic work way too well on it.
(Aug. 30, 2022  6:31 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2022  2:52 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: Their last post is in 2020 i believe, so i don't think that they are still active on this website.

I saw him at a tournament tho. Guess he was just helping out...

Oh k, maybe he just doesnt post but is still active idk.
Lemme try something else

henwooja1 can you check out this format please? I think it might help the WBO grow because new and experienced bladers will be encouraged to innovate and in a fun way too!
(Sep. 02, 2022  2:53 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote: Lemme try something else

can you check out this format please? I think it might help the WBO grow because new and experienced bladers will be encouraged to innovate and in a fun way too!

About a week or two ago I pm’ed a staff member asking about their thoughts on a potential format like this and I haven’t got a response yet. So I think it’s better to be patient right now and iron out the kinks in the draft format.
(Aug. 28, 2022  6:08 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2022  4:56 AM)Zarius Wrote: Not quite the point. Sorry for the long paragraph. I got exited with so much good beyblade news going on with us. 

If you want i can give you editing/suggesting permissions on the document. If so, just pm me your gmail.

It is unfortunate that I don't really use my gmail. It's fine though. I have saved what you all have so far. 
For now I have to agree with GreenK9148 above, as filing out the kinks and making sure it works fairly and reasonable from as many angles as possible is the only way it can really be looked at more seriously. Let me help by presenting you this outlook idea:

Look at the format as if you are a higher stakes competitor. Review the rules again and pose each other ideas on how you (if you had the resources or are a team) would abuse or push the limits of the rules to win with certainty. Any area where that though does not have a counter argument is a hole within the ruleset that has to be addressed somehow. Either directly or indirectly.

The farther you refine the rules then the closer you get to someone providing the piece that pushes all the ideas over that official edge and BOOM. You got something that truly works. It definitely can with the right set up.
it does sound cool but I wonder... you would have people that make perfectly round beys with godly teeth so how would you deal with that?
(Sep. 06, 2022  12:24 PM)DJCAT8608 Wrote: it does sound cool but I wonder... you would have people that make perfectly round beys with godly teeth so how would you deal with that?

I mentioned this in this thread before but still am struggling to specify exactly how round the bey can be.
To be honest i think there should be a 3d printed beyblade shop where you can ask for a design and Pay money for the model and print it yourself

If this format were to exist
(Sep. 06, 2022  11:57 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: I mentioned this in this thread before but still am struggling to specify exactly how round the bey can be.
Maybe a maximum of 2 blades with a clear separation between them, Ragnaruk-ish type beat? No bey ever had 1 blade and idk if there will ever be, so limiting it to 2 blades that must have a clear gap between them should be one of the limits for how circular, and maybe merging this with the 2 recoil points things should work.
(Sep. 07, 2022  4:50 AM)kai edits Wrote: To be honest i think there should be a 3d printed beyblade shop where you can ask for a design and Pay money for the model and print it yourself

If this format were to exist
You described commissions :dj2002:
Having a "shop" is highly unlikely, so commission would be your way to go ig.
Well this format exists, just not in a playable form ' ᗜ'
(Sep. 07, 2022  9:29 AM)Hollowmind8 Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2022  11:57 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: I mentioned this in this thread before but still am struggling to specify exactly how round the bey can be.
Maybe a maximum of 2 blades with a clear separation between them, Ragnaruk-ish type beat? No bey ever had 1 blade and idk if there will ever be, so limiting it to 2 blades that must have a clear gap between them should be one of the limits for how circular, and maybe merging this with the 2 recoil points things should work.

You described commissions DJ 2002
I mean, 2 blades with a clear separation reminds me a a very op leviathan leviathan from zero g, so probable no. Or we could try to nerf a perfect circle by limiting its burst resistance. Maybe if your bey is only allowed 1 tooth if it is close to or is a perfect circle and it any form of burst stoppers (including rubber) are not allowed.
(Sep. 07, 2022  9:49 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2022  9:29 AM)Hollowmind8 Wrote: .

You described commissions DJ 2002
I mean, 2 blades with a clear separation reminds me a a very op leviathan leviathan from zero g, so probable no. Or we could try to nerf a perfect circle by limiting its burst resistance. Maybe if your bey is only allowed 1 tooth if it is close to or is a perfect circle and it any form of burst stoppers (including rubber) are not allowed.

The latter option at least makes Maximum Garuda (it fails to pass the "two blades" part at all so that's out, since you can't use official designs for it), but beyond that there's a total lack of consideration for what Attack can pull off. 3D printed Attack is far stronger than ordinary Attack types rather often, it's possible that "a perfect circle" may still not be enough to withstand that.

If that turns out to be an issue, then do something. If anything, my issue with the perfect circle idea is that it's boring, not unbalanced.
Maybe what we should try is when we go to tournaments, we can tell the organizers about this thread and ask them to look through it. There are still a lot of things to work out, but maybe having some unranked test tournaments would help us further.