3d Printed Beyblade Format

I have an idea for a format that uses 3d printed beyblades. Here is a set of rules I have created to prevent the brokenness of certain beys:
1. The maximum amount of weight for a bey should be about 80-85 grams. If a bey is heavier than this, it will not be usable.
2. A bey cannot have an excessive amount of metal. Having metal is completely ok, but not to the point that your bey is practically an unstoppable force or an immovable object.
3. The bey must have other teeth screwed onto it. 3d printed teeth can wear, and that would significantly nerf these beys.
4. If your bey breaks, you would be immediately disqualified.
If there are any other rule suggestions, please let me know, and if possible, can someone come up with a ruleset for Metal Fight? I know absolutely nothing about it.
(Jul. 16, 2022  8:38 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote: I have an idea for a format that uses 3d beyblades. Here is a set of rules I have created to prevent the brokenness of certain beys:
1. The maximum amount of weight for a bey should be about 80-85 grams. If a bey is heavier than this, it will not be usable.
2. A bey cannot have an excessive amount of metal. Having metal is completely ok, but not to the point that your bey is practically an unstoppable force or an immovable object.
3. The bey must have other teeth screwed onto it. 3d printed teeth can wear, and that would significantly nerf these beys.
4. If your bey breaks, you would be immediately disqualified (duh).
If there are any other rule suggestions, please let me know, and if possible, can someone come up with a ruleset for Metal Fight? I know absolutely nothing about it.
No metal contact is a good one to have.
I was also thinking of dividing beys by ranks according to weight so that lightweight beys like Dual layers could have a shot at this, but idk.
Also, you would need to better define "excessive metal" and "break" a little more: How much is excessive? What is the limit? How do you know?
What about chipping? Does that count as a break if a small bit of my beyblade falls off? What if it chips a lot, is it a break?
About number 3, what about slopes? Do they count or..?
(Jul. 17, 2022  9:10 AM)Hollowmind8 Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2022  8:38 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote: I have an idea for a format that uses 3d beyblades. Here is a set of rules I have created to prevent the brokenness of certain beys:
I was also thinking of dividing beys by ranks according to weight so that lightweight beys like Dual layers could have a shot at this, but idk.
Also, you would need to better define "excessive metal" and "break" a little more: How much is excessive? What is the limit? How do you know?
What about chipping? Does that count as a break if a small bit of my beyblade falls off? What if it chips a lot, is it a break?
The weight class one is a great rule, so there would need to be separate formats for different weight classes. 
As for the "excessive metal" part, if your bey has more metal than plastic/rubber, and/or there is a reasonably thick ring of metal around the bey, that would count as excessive. (Also I forgot to mention this, but the same thing would apply to hard rubber). 
If it chips as in a small piece of the one of the blades comes off, that is totally fine. If you want to repair/reprint it after the tournament, you could do that on your own time. But if, let's say, a large chunk of the bey comes off, it would depend on whether it preforms similarly or not.
And lastly, for the slopes one, you can print slopes, just not teeth, as I'm pretty sure slopes don't wear.
(Jul. 17, 2022  7:43 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2022  9:10 AM)Hollowmind8 Wrote: .
The weight class one is a great rule, so there would need to be separate formats for different weight classes. 
As for the "excessive metal" part, if your bey has more metal than plastic/rubber, and/or there is a reasonably thick ring of metal around the bey, that would count as excessive. (Also I forgot to mention this, but the same thing would apply to hard rubber). 
If it chips as in a small piece of the one of the blades comes off, that is totally fine. If you want to repair/reprint it after the tournament, you could do that on your own time. But if, let's say, a large chunk of the bey comes off, it would depend on whether it preforms similarly or not.
And lastly, for the slopes one, you can print slopes, just not teeth, as I'm pretty sure slopes don't wear.

Slopes definitively do wear, it's just less noticeable and less prone to outright breakage in 3D prints (thin pieces tend to break and chip easily).

It also assumes that these customs will wind up with a bursting system at all, even though you could reasonably make a purely custom design that assembles without being able to burst. Don't forget to consider designs like that, since they're going to be stronger than designs that do burst.

Also, have a minimum and maximum diameter. You don't want an 80 gram stadium hog, I presume.

Most of this is still rather ill defined, but these are good points to start with if you really want to try something like this.
I also forgot to add this rule, but once you register for a tournament in this format, you would show them the custom layer your are using, and after that, you cannot switch the layer mid tournament. You can mess with the disc, driver, armor etc., but not the layer itself.

(Jul. 19, 2022  5:02 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote: I also forgot to add this rule, but once you register for a tournament in this format, you would show them the custom layer your are using, and after that, you cannot switch the layer mid tournament. You can mess with the disc, driver, armor etc., but not the layer itself.

For Gt beys that would mean the base and the chip, for Sparking beys that would mean the Ring, the chip, and the chip core, and for Db/Bu beys it would mean the Blade and core. For single/dual/god/cho-z layers it would just be the layer.
https://www.tinkercad.com/things/5dW2STL1QAz
Here is a template for GT layer Beyblades. I didn't make them I just gathered them all under one file and adjusted their dimensional accuracy to fit with real parts. I tested them out with elegoo mars pro and everything works. I'm also testing templates for Superking and Dynamite Battle.
You need to add your own teeth to the model by hollowing out parts
(Jul. 18, 2022  9:47 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2022  7:43 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote: The weight class one is a great rule, so there would need to be separate formats for different weight classes. 

Slopes definitively do wear, it's just less noticeable and less prone to outright breakage in 3D prints (thin pieces tent to break and chip easily).

It also assumes that these customs will wind up with a bursting system at all, even though you could reasonably make a purely custom design that assembles without being able to burst. Don't forget to consider designs like that, since they're going to be stronger than designs that do burst.

Also, have a minimum and maximum diameter. You don't want an 80 gram stadium hog, I presume.

Most of this is still rather ill defined, but these are good points to start with if you really want to try something like this.

The slopes one wouldn't be a problem, so I'm keeping that rule. However, it's not mandatory, so you can still screw on the bottom of the Kerbeus or Bahamut cores.
Also, the bey must burst somewhat easily, otherwise it will not be usable. We don't want something harder to burst than the Infinite Lock beys, and those were nightmares in and of themselves.
Lastly, the minimum/maximum diameter thing is great, so beys wouldn't corner other, smaller beys.
(Jul. 22, 2022  1:07 AM)StarNova_Burst Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2022  9:47 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Slopes definitively do wear, it's just less noticeable and less prone to outright breakage in 3D prints (thin pieces tent to break and chip easily).

The slopes one wouldn't be a problem, so I'm keeping that rule. However, it's not mandatory, so you can still screw on the bottom of the Kerbeus or Bahamut cores.
Also, the bey must burst somewhat easily, otherwise it will not be usable. We don't want something harder to burst than the Infinite Lock beys, and those were nightmares in and of themselves.
Lastly, the minimum/maximum diameter thing is great, so beys wouldn't corner other, smaller beys.

"Bursting easily" likely means you just double burst all the time if people are running anything aggressive, and it's so vague that it's not really enforceable. This is a bad rule. You need either a better way to handle this, or you need to reconsider if this is a problem at all.
(Jul. 22, 2022  7:36 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2022  1:07 AM)StarNova_Burst Wrote: The slopes one wouldn't be a problem, so I'm keeping that rule. However, it's not mandatory, so you can still screw on the bottom of the Kerbeus or Bahamut cores.

"Bursting easily" likely means you just double burst all the time if people are running anything aggressive, and it's so vague that it's not really enforceable. This is a bad rule. You need either a better way to handle this, or you need to reconsider if this is a problem at all.

I'm afraid to say this, but I feel kind of lost. The "bursting somewhat easily" thing is to prevent what you said earlier, "custom beys that assemble without being able to burst."
(Jul. 23, 2022  1:51 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2022  7:36 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: "Bursting easily" likely means you just double burst all the time if people are running anything aggressive, and it's so vague that it's not really enforceable. This is a bad rule. You need either a better way to handle this, or you need to reconsider if this is a problem at all.

I'm afraid to say this, but I feel kind of lost. The "bursting somewhat easily" thing is to prevent what you said earlier, "custom beys that assemble without being able to burst."

Here's the issue: You can say "they must burst somewhat easily", but you cant enforce that. It's vague, undefined.

Let's put it this way. There are two cops, each guarding one of two roads. One has a speed limit of 35 mph, the other has a speed limit of "a medium-slow speed". A car goes down each street going 45 mph.

The first cop pulls him over, and finds the driver is speeding because 45 is 10 more than the speed limit of 35. He writes the driver a ticket, cautions him to drive slower, and sends him away.

The second cop pulls him over, and the driver argues that 45 is a "medium slow speed" to him because he drives at 90 on the highway. Instead of issuing a clear ticket, they now both need to waste time arguing over whether the driver was speeding or not.

You cannot use vague terms like "burst fairly easily", because that could mean anything under the sun, and for different people/designs "fairly easily" can mean different things.
(Jul. 23, 2022  3:03 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2022  1:51 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote: I'm afraid to say this, but I feel kind of lost. The "bursting somewhat easily" thing is to prevent what you said earlier, "custom beys that assemble without being able to burst."

Here's the issue: You can say "they must burst somewhat easily", but you cant enforce that. It's vague, undefined.

Let's put it this way. There are two cops, each guarding one of two roads. One has a speed limit of 35 mph, the other has a speed limit of "a medium-slow speed". A car goes down each street going 45 mph.

The first cop pulls him over, and finds the driver is speeding because 45 is 10 more than the speed limit of 35. He writes the driver a ticket, cautions him to drive slower, and sends him away.

The second cop pulls him over, and the driver argues that 45 is a "medium slow speed" to him because he drives at 90 on the highway. Instead of issuing a clear ticket, they now both need to waste time arguing over whether the driver was speeding or not.

You cannot use vague terms like "burst fairly easily", because that could mean anything under the sun, and for different people/designs "fairly easily" can mean different things.
Maybe just saying "The custom beyblade must be able to burst during battle" is better. As it is more specific (the bey must be able to burst mid battle) and doesn't lock stuff like Burst stoppers just because they improve the burst resistance and makes it not "fairly easy" to burst.
I could be missing a loophole, but I think it works
(Jul. 23, 2022  4:29 PM)Hollowmind8 Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2022  3:03 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Here's the issue: You can say "they must burst somewhat easily", but you cant enforce that. It's vague, undefined.

Maybe just saying "The custom beyblade must be able to burst during battle" is better. As it is more specific (the bey must be able to burst mid battle) and doesn't lock stuff like Burst stoppers just because they improve the burst resistance and makes it not "fairly easy" to burst.

This would be a better solution, I agree. Much more objective.
(Jul. 23, 2022  4:29 PM)Hollowmind8 Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2022  3:03 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Here's the issue: You can say "they must burst somewhat easily", but you cant enforce that. It's vague, undefined.

This was what I was trying to say, but I couldn't put it into words. Thank you for coming up with something less vague.

Another rule I forgot to add: custom discs, drivers, armors, or anything of the sort are allowed too. (Custom gears are also allowed).

Also, when will this become a format? When we work out all the kinks and form all the rules or...?

(Jul. 23, 2022  6:57 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2022  4:29 PM)Hollowmind8 Wrote: .

This was what I was trying to say, but I couldn't put it into words. Thank you for coming up with something less vague.

Another rule I forgot to add: custom discs, drivers, armors, or anything of the sort are allowed too. (Custom gears for Nexus/Venture/Almight/Adventure/layers that are designed to work with the gears are also allowed).

Also, when will this become a format? When we work out all the kinks and form all the rules or...?

(Jul. 23, 2022  6:57 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2022  4:29 PM)Hollowmind8 Wrote: .

Another rule I forgot to add: custom discs, drivers, armors, or anything of the sort are allowed too. (Custom gears for Nexus/Venture/Almight/Adventure/layers that are designed to work with the gears are also allowed).

Also, you can screw on teeth of any brand, as long as they are able to burst mid battle
(Jul. 31, 2022  5:38 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote: Also, you can screw on teeth of any brand, as long as they are able to burst mid battle
Maybe TT only for the beginning and then opening up for more teeth would be better.
Also, I feel like the definition of a "custom bey" should be expanded upon. I mean, if I do [Custom Blade] Longinus Karma Xtreme -9, is that a custom bey? What if I do Guilty Longinus Legacy [custom driver] -3? What if the only custom element is a frame?
(Jul. 31, 2022  7:47 PM)Hollowmind8 Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2022  5:38 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote: Also, you can screw on teeth of any brand, as long as they are able to burst mid battle
Maybe TT only for the beginning and then opening up for more teeth would be better.
Also, I feel like the definition of a "custom bey" should be expanded upon. I mean, if I do [Custom Blade] Longinus Karma Xtreme -9, is that a custom bey? What if I do Guilty Longinus Legacy [custom driver] -3? What if the only custom element is a frame?

The reason I said all teeth should be allowed was because some people might not have access to tt teeth when they want to make their bey. Also, a custom blade or custom driver is fine, but something like a custom frame, custom armor, custom chip core, custom weight, etc., would be too small of a change, so that wouldn't be allowed
I think that might be everything we had to cover for this format. If there's anything else we need to talk about just put it in the thread.
Also, I think the format should be called "Burst 3d printed"
(Jul. 16, 2022  8:38 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote: I have an idea for a format that uses 3d printed beyblades. Here is a set of rules I have created to prevent the brokenness of certain beys:

Here's a suggestion for another rule(s).

1. I think the format should acknowledge the type of material used to print the beys, because some materials are more fragile that others. Some good filaments are ABS, PC, Nylon 12, etc. Also, to add on to rule 

2. i think you should add "no metal contact points for 3d printed burst beys" because it can really damage others. There can also be an "approval submission" for a 3d model. Before a file can be entered in a tournament, it must be approved by a WBO staff member or something like that. 

3. A maximum size for the bey. Because a beyblade too wide or tall might take up the whole stadium and be difficult to launch. I suggest around 75mm maximum width and length.

4. Have tournament participants in this format sign a waver saying "if your bey breaks for any reason, you cannot complain and must accept it (something along the lines of this)"

5. A 3d printed disc cannot weight more than 3 grams over the heaviest outgoing Takara TOMY or Hasbro disc

We can also do non-ranked test tournaments for this format before and if it becomes approved.
(Aug. 06, 2022  5:52 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2022  8:38 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote: I have an idea for a format that uses 3d printed beyblades. Here is a set of rules I have created to prevent the brokenness of certain beys:

Here's a suggestion for another rule(s).

1. I think the format should acknowledge the type of material used to print the beys, because some materials are more fragile that others. Some good filaments are ABS, PC, Nylon 12, etc. Also, to add on to rule 

2. i think you should add "no metal contact points for 3d printed burst beys" because it can really damage others. There can also be an "approval submission" for a 3d model. Before a file can be entered in a tournament, it must be approved by a WBO staff member or something like that. 

3. A maximum size for the bey. Because a beyblade too wide or tall might take up the whole stadium and be difficult to launch. I suggest around 75mm maximum width and length.

4. Have tournament participants in this format sign a waver saying "if your bey breaks for any reason, you cannot complain and must accept it (something along the lines of this)"

5. A 3d printed disc cannot weight more than 3 grams over the heaviest outgoing Takara TOMY or Hasbro disc

We can also do non-ranked test tournaments for this format before and if it becomes approved.

All of these rules you have suggested are things I didn't even think about, so they are amazing rules and would be great to have. Also having unranked tournaments would be a good start/test to the format.
not sure about the staff checking 3d models but the rest is fine. Also I think this format would have a lot of subtypes for being ranked: You have several official and unofficial systems, as well as different gens like Metal Fight. Sometimes even unique stadiums that are legal in the tournament. Tournaments would also be planned way ahead because you would need to have a bey for the systems that are allowed, custom or not, and their limits.
That's how I see it at least.
(Aug. 07, 2022  4:06 PM)Hollowmind8 Wrote: not sure about the staff checking 3d models but the rest is fine. Also I think this format would have a lot of subtypes for being ranked: You have several official and unofficial systems, as well as different gens like Metal Fight. Sometimes even unique stadiums that are legal in the tournament. Tournaments would also be planned way ahead because you would need to have a bey for the systems that are allowed, custom or not, and their limits.

For a 3D printed format i think that the 3d printed beys can only be based off of existing systems. But yeah, there would have to be very tight regulations. Also StarNova_Burst , I will be creating a google doc with the rules on this format. Are you interesting with editing on it?
(Aug. 08, 2022  5:45 AM)GreenK9148 Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2022  4:06 PM)Hollowmind8 Wrote: not sure about the staff checking 3d models but the rest is fine. Also I think this format would have a lot of subtypes for being ranked: You have several official and unofficial systems, as well as different gens like Metal Fight. Sometimes even unique stadiums that are legal in the tournament. Tournaments would also be planned way ahead because you would need to have a bey for the systems that are allowed, custom or not, and their limits.

For a 3D printed format i think that the 3d printed beys can only be based off of existing systems. But yeah, there would have to be very tight regulations. Also StarNova_Burst , I will be creating a google doc with the rules on this format. Are you interesting with editing on it?

Being able to edit the Google doc would be great, as I would be able to add all the things I meant to say, as there was one part in this thread where apparently I was being a bit vague. Then I would be able to clarify a bit more.
(Jul. 17, 2022  9:10 AM)Hollowmind8 Wrote:

How bout gt chips
(Aug. 08, 2022  12:41 PM)StarNova_Burst Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2022  5:45 AM)GreenK9148 Wrote: For a 3D printed format i think that the 3d printed beys can only be based off of existing systems. But yeah, there would have to be very tight regulations. Also StarNova_Burst , I will be creating a google doc with the rules on this format. Are you interesting with editing on it?

Being able to edit the Google doc would be great, as I would be able to add all the things I meant to say, as there was one part in this thread where apparently I was being a bit vague. Then I would be able to clarify a bit more.

Ok, that's great! Pm me your email and if anyone else wants to be on the doc, pm me as well.