26 year old gets back into beyblades, Unboxing video for Gaia Dragoon!

Hello Beyblade World!!!

My name is Alex, from London UK.
I am 26 years old, and have recently been hit by a massive nostalgia wave for beyblades.

I remembered those epic moments with my friends and my sister, around a beyblade stadium, having the most fun ever with these spinnning tops.

I'm an old salty dog, I don't have much appreciation for the new beyblades...
But the classic gen, the plastics? My god, I am going crazy for those again.

Here is my first beyblade... which unfortunately did not survive my childhood...
but here it is :)

[Image: mevfhks.jpg]

My dad threw away my stadiums.... which is dumb, because I cant even find the same ones online anymore.

Anyways, Beyblade is the coolest toy ever.

And here, after 10 years, I get to unbox my first G-Revolution beyblade, a Gaia Dragoon!
Hope you enjoy the video!

Massive shoutout to the OMBGBBG Beyblade Geeks crew, Brendan and Steven, the tops dogs of beyblade on youtube!
Their channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClGwVnc...-KA8D012iw
Also a shoutout to zankye, still rocking out those beyblade battles every week on youtube!

I am going save some money for a Beyblade collection.
My heart is back into this.

LET IT RIP !!!!!!!
Yo, welcome back! Love that stadium in the video, haha
Welcome back Alex. It's odd cos I just recently just made a comeback to beyblades myself after a couple of years out with yugioh cards. I'm 19 myself so I guess age don't effect passion for blading. My bladder spirit lives on.
(Jan. 29, 2017  5:42 PM)Oi Shinji Wrote: Yo, welcome back! Love that stadium in the video, haha

Thanks for watching!
Man, I used to have this large, black stadium, no pockets/holes. It was the best thing ever.
I had to use one of my mom's salad bowls as a bey stadium... lol

(Jan. 29, 2017  5:57 PM)Yblader1 Wrote: Welcome back Alex. It's odd cos I just recently just made a comeback to beyblades myself after a couple of years out with yugioh cards. I'm 19 myself so I guess age don't effect passion for blading. My bladder spirit lives on.

Beyblade really did capture our hearts Smile
Hey! Welcome back to Beyblade, man! I feel ya, because I'm the same age and know exactly how you feel about the hobby. haha
(Jan. 29, 2017  6:04 PM)AlexJabadaba Wrote: Thanks for watching!
Man, I used to have this large, black stadium, no pockets/holes. It was the best thing ever.
I had to use one of my mom's salad bowls as a bey stadium... lol

Yeah, the battles look fun in a bowl! Gotta try it out! ^^
(Jan. 29, 2017  6:39 PM)BeyGa Wrote: Hey! Welcome back to Beyblade, man! I feel ya, because I'm the same age and know exactly how you feel about the hobby. haha
That is awesome =) 
Glad to be back! Time to save up some money Tongue_out

(Jan. 29, 2017  6:42 PM)Oi Shinji Wrote: Yeah, the battles look fun in a bowl! Gotta try it out! ^^
LOL go right ahead XD have fun!!
(Jan. 29, 2017  7:09 PM)AlexJabadaba Wrote: That is awesome =) 
Glad to be back! Time to save up some money Tongue_out

LOL go right ahead XD have fun!!

Yee, can't wait!
hey man I'm 27 and my nostalgia wave hit when i was 22 haha, I didn't dig the metal fight or zerog etc but I love burst they're are practically the new skool counterpart. I'm from london as well, you originally from london? I can hear a canadian twang or maybe you're a midlander/northerner originally.
(Jan. 30, 2017  12:30 AM)Morsoe Wrote: hey man I'm 27 and my nostalgia wave hit when i was 22 haha, I didn't dig the metal fight or zerog etc but I love burst they're are practically the new skool counterpart. I'm from london as well, you originally from london? I can hear a canadian twang or maybe you're a midlander/northerner originally.

I'm pretty mixed race, so my english speaks is kinda like that Wink
(Jan. 29, 2017  5:16 PM)AlexJabadaba Wrote: Hello Beyblade World!!!

My name is Alex, from London UK.
I am 26 years old, , and have recently been hit by a massive nostalgia wave for beyblades.

(Jan. 30, 2017  12:30 AM)Morsoe Wrote: hey man I'm 27 and my nostalgia wave hit when i was 22 haha, I didn't dig the metal fight or zerog etc but I love burst they're are practically the new skool counterpart. I'm from london as well, you originally from london? I can hear a canadian twang or maybe you're a midlander/northerner originally.

Wait a minute, y'all in London? What a coincidence, me too. I'm situated in west London (not the cleanest of zones I should say) my council just don't give a damn bout my area. Anyways back on topic. It's nice to see 2 collectors of the original blades from where I'm living. I thought most collectors would be abroad like in America/India/Japan/Korea etc. Didn't think there'd be some bois over here.
Fellow London Blader ! So cool you've got back into the game/collecting. Hope to see more videos in the future.
Hey Alex!
I'm also a fellow Londoner! I collect and sell beyblades but mainly collect and im positive i have the best collection in the country Tongue_out
please check out some of my eBay listings, it gets updated every month usually..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/switchbladr

i wont be surprised if you have purchased from me in the past..

Smile

PS. im older than 26!
I'm 23 and just got into it again all these new beyblades are crazy I hit up ebay and got myself an old driger s I remember my friend having it many years ago. I also got a blue griffon that I had as a boy. It's good to see some guys my age are into it again. I'm also from UK btw
I'm 22 and from London, I just got hit with a wave and starting buying beyblades again
(Feb. 02, 2017  12:54 AM)SwitchBladr Wrote: Hey Alex!
I'm also a fellow Londoner! I collect and sell beyblades but mainly collect and im positive i have the best collection in the country Tongue_out
please check out some of my eBay listings, it gets updated every month usually..

Smile

PS. im older than 26!

By saying that u have made me curious, now I really wanna see ur collection. Can u pm me a pic perhaps. My collection is probably small in comparison to urs so I wanna see a cool collection xD.
(Feb. 02, 2017  12:54 AM)SwitchBladr Wrote: Hey Alex!

Smile

PS. im older than 26!

Hahahaha are you kidding me?
Yeah I bought from you not just a week ago, Master Dragoon+Seaborg+Wing Attacker, all 3 new and boxed for a total of £30!!!!
Amazing deal, thanks again sir!

I definitely recommend this seller :Smile

And wow, so many replies :Smile
Thanks for those of you who subbed to my youtube.

So cool to know we got some fellow bladers in London!!!
(Feb. 01, 2017  2:00 AM)ashton pinto Wrote: Cool.
I will be watching your videos

Thank you!!!

(Feb. 01, 2017  10:22 AM)Yblader1 Wrote: Wait a minute, y'all in London? What a coincidence, me too. I'm situated in west London (not the cleanest of zones I should say) my council just don't give a damn bout my area. Anyways back on topic. It's nice to see 2 collectors of the original blades from where I'm living. I thought most collectors would be abroad like in America/India/Japan/Korea etc. Didn't think there'd be some bois over here.
London bladers go go go!!!

(Feb. 01, 2017  4:20 PM)Basedsamuraij Wrote: Fellow London Blader ! So cool you've got back into the game/collecting. Hope to see more videos in the future.
Thanks!!  :Smile Yeah I look forward to collecting my plastics!

(Feb. 06, 2017  1:11 AM)Wilsonkid Wrote: I'm 23 and just got into it again all these new beyblades are crazy I hit up ebay and got myself an old driger s I remember my friend having it many years ago. I also got a blue griffon that I had as a boy. It's good to see some guys my age are into it again. I'm also from UK btw
Thats awesome! Im far from the only one it seems ^^

(Feb. 06, 2017  2:43 AM)KiddLamy Wrote: I'm 22 and from London, I just got hit with a wave and starting buying beyblades again
LET IT RIIIIIP
Wow so many UK/Londoners here!

We really need to make a beyblade gang or something Tongue_out so many blade collectors tend to be from Europe/Japan/USA and not many UK bladers really know some of the rare stuff.

AlexJabadaba
No problem at all, I try to keep prices consistent- not too expensive but reasonable enough for me to not make a loss at least with bloody eBay, Paypal and delivery fees! So sometimes its hard to sell at a good enough price unfortunately.

I will be posting new stuff tomorrow morning! keep an eye out!
From a fellow old school salty dog who has also come back out of retirement, welcome back!