“Foreign Substance” and Possible Changes to what’s considered “Illegal”

Poll: What’s considered a “Foreign Substance”?

O-Ring
25.00%
Spacer/Cushion/Washer/Nylon Washer
75.00%
Total: 100% 4 vote(s)
I’ve been a huge BeyBlade fan since the original BeyBlade series. I’ve noticed that the following rules don’t mention or specify what “foreign substances” are and “otherwise stated”. I grew up in a generation where the modification of BeyBlades was encouraged among bladers as long as it wasn’t harmful to the individual and the BeyBlade itself. 

To be specific the following rule states:

The addition, application, insertion, etc. of any foreign substance that affects the performance of a Beyblade in any way is illegal unless otherwise stated. (Key word: Foreign)

As we all now Hasbro Beyblades have slopes; in which I find to be a design flaw, where as Takara Tomy blades have teeth making them strong in design but still burstable and allowed to be used in tournaments. There are sometimes huge gaps between parts are sometimes weak points when combined together. 

My question is: If a BeyBlade is still burstable, are cushions such as rubber washers, rubber bands, or plastic/nylon spacers (non-foreign but very common) still considered illegal?

Hasbro makes great products but they’re weak in comparison to Takara Tomy designs which make them vulnerable to bursting. I discovered a way to make them stronger yet still burstable by simply adding cushion in between layers. 

The passion and competitive edge of BeyBlade has always made me think of ways to make BeyBlading unique. While applying individual creativity and strategic advantage I don’t believe it would sacrifice the integrity of the BeyBlade community. It’s no different the Hasbro finally adding more metal to the Pro Series BeyBlades; it’s a strategic advantage.

I would love to here everyone’s thoughts on this topic and possibly seeing more specifics in the rules of engagement.
Anything that wasn't on the bey to begin with or isn't a part intend to be added to the bey is a foreign substance.
(Feb. 08, 2021  1:20 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Anything that wasn't on the bey to begin with or isn't a part intend to be added to the bey is a foreign substance.

Do you feel that this would cause controversy within the BeyBlade community seeing as though we’re all enthusiasts? In regard to customizing our Beys and identifying poor design flaws, would it be so harmful to address these flaws. 

I feel as though there’s a science to BeyBlades, so why not allow the community to experiment seeing as though we poor our hard earned dollars into a hobby that doesn’t allow simple strategy/fixes to our BeyBlades.
(Feb. 08, 2021  1:40 AM)Drbstp Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  1:20 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Anything that wasn't on the bey to begin with or isn't a part intend to be added to the bey is a foreign substance.

Do you feel that this would cause controversy within the BeyBlade community seeing as though we’re all enthusiasts? In regard to customizing our Beys and identifying poor design flaws, would it be so harmful to address these flaws. 

I feel as though there’s a science to BeyBlades, so why not allow the community to experiment seeing as though we poor our hard earned dollars into a hobby that doesn’t allow simple strategy/fixes to our BeyBlades.

Of course not. That's a completely different game, and there's already so many customizations out there, more and more are being found everyday with different parts.
(Feb. 08, 2021  1:51 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  1:40 AM)Drbstp Wrote: Do you feel that this would cause controversy within the BeyBlade community seeing as though we’re all enthusiasts? In regard to customizing our Beys and identifying poor design flaws, would it be so harmful to address these flaws. 

Of course not. That's a completely different game, and there's already so many customizations out there, more and more are being found everyday with different parts.

I appreciate your input; surprisingly I’m new to the WBO community but I’ve loved BeyBlade since day 1. I see some of the responses from the community and it’s kinda intriguing to address change; especially for the hardcore enthusiast. I would love to see BeyBlade expand beyond the limits of what can be bought but what can be improved. It’s pretty dope seeing so many people on YouTube and IG who still have love for it. There’s a kiddish stigma around it but I love seeing hard hits and bursts. 

Long story short I would love to see huge tournaments like the ones in the anime series; televised with huge stadiums; all out brawls!