[Washington DC] 01/21/12 - Ataque de Año Nuevo

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hi everyone! We have an indoor venue again for January's tournament:
Ataque de Año Nuevo (roughly... "New Year's Attack" in Spanish)

Please note that the location for this month's tournament is in Washington, DC - not Silver Spring. After nearly 2 months of searching and receiving price quotes from various schools, community centers, hotels, etc. this is the only option that I can reasonably afford - so this is where we are going to be until the Spring.

The Marriott Wardman Park Hotel is located about 100 yards west of Connecticut Avenue on Woodley Road. Parking in the surrounding neighborhoods can sometimes be challenging due to the close proximity of the National Zoo, so please plan to either arrive early to find free parking, arrive whenever and pay for parking, or take the DC Metro Red Line to the Woodley Park / National Zoo station and a very short walk to the hotel.

Date: Saturday, January 21, 2011
Location: The Marriott Wardman Park Hotel: 2660 Woodley Road NW · Washington, DC 20008 (We will be in the McKinley Room) https://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/tra...dman-park/
Start time: 12:30-ish
Surface: Carpet!
Fees: $5 Room Fee + Standard WBO fees: $5 entry fee or $10 for a Blader Passport that gives you free tournaments for a year
Prizes: TakaraTomy beyblades TBD. 1st place picks first prize from the pool, etc. etc.

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it!

Confirmed attendees:
  1. Tech (formerly Technologic)
  2. Arupaeo
  3. Burn Rock Virgo
  4. Galaxy4Stars
  5. Ryugablader
  6. Breaker
  7. Blader Stefan
  8. J o n
  9. Bigbang4ever
  10. Rockleone500
  11. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
  12. nerfblader721
  13. LifeOfTheParty
  14. Ndog888
  15. Black Wing
  16. Repslicer
  17. Laseryon
  18. ReallyBad
  19. BillyBlast
  20. night wing 247
  21. beycannon
  22. BeyDestroyer21
  23. ShadowGasher
  24. DragonRealm
  25. DAJ (with new combo) Smile
  26. aj_the_elite
  27. Katsuya
  28. Sonikkubey
  29. Beychallenger24
  30. othellog
  31. Zoombeyblade

Here are the official results...

1st place: othellog
2nd place: Nerfblader721
3rd place: Arupaeo
4th place: Galaxy4Stars

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I'm comming with a new combo
Hey so what are you gonna be selling there?:\
(Jan. 10, 2012  12:45 AM)BeyDestroyer21 Wrote: Hey Arupaeo what will you be selling at the tourney this time? Speechless

(Jan. 10, 2012  1:09 AM)Tech Wrote: PM him.

For the last time....

I'll be selling a few things.

Flame Byxis
Twisted Tempo
Grand Cetus
Rock Zurafa
Gravity Destroyer
Cyclone Herculeo
Ray Striker
Thermal Lacerta
Galaxy Pegasus

PM if interested.
i am for sure going to win this tournament
I like your spirit, even if your prognostication goes awry! Wink

1 week to go! I'm looking forward to seeing you all there!
Next month we should have a tournament with ir spin control beyblades, I think that would be cool. just for fun, not for points.
(Jan. 16, 2012  8:28 PM)drakio Wrote: Next month we should have a tournament with ir spin control beyblades, I think that would be cool. just for fun, not for points.
Nah about 75% of us don't really care about RC beyblade....I think it just a waste of 15 bucks

Well, in all fairness if someone wants to have a side tournament with RC beys, or dark wheels only or M145Q or whatever, its fine by me. The only thing is that it would have to happen before the tournament starts or after the tournament ends.
I usually prefer if hosts focus first on the actual event and then on whatever superfluous event afterwards, not before, but since you are an experienced host and everything, I suppose it is up to you ...
Right, I guess my response wasn't as clear as it could be. What I'm trying to say is that whatever happens during free play (organized by someone else) is not really my concern.

I don't have the time available before or after a tournament to run a side event, but if someone else does then that is fine with me.
=D i think its safe to say im coming to the tourny!
i cant wait to win this tournament
I'm coming and with new combos! Also Arupaeo are you going to be selling attack stadiums? I'm going to buy one this time.
(Jan. 17, 2012  12:08 AM)aj_the_elite Wrote: =D i think its safe to say im coming to the tourny!

(Jan. 17, 2012  1:43 AM)Katsuya Wrote: I'm coming and with new combos! Also Arupaeo are you going to be selling attack stadiums? I'm going to buy one this time.

Glad to hear it!

Yes, I will have BB-10 Stadiums for sale. PM me for more details.
Hey guys, I won't actually be able to make this tournament anymore.

Maybe next time, though...
Sorry to hear it Angry! Keep us updated on your tournaments as well, OK?
My cousin Beychallenger24 is coming he just hasn't posted. :~) And i am coming with new combos so be prepared! Mwahahahaha! :~) :-}
I'll be coming, and with new combos tooEee
(Jan. 19, 2012  11:45 PM)Zoombeyblade Wrote: I'll be coming, and with new combos tooEee
-smells- i see he gonna spam Duo

Well it only 2 days from the tournament! I hope you all are excited!

(Jan. 19, 2012  11:51 PM)Galaxy4Stars Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2012  11:45 PM)Zoombeyblade Wrote: I'll be coming, and with new combos tooEee

I won't spam duo, I'll be spamming wing
(Jan. 20, 2012  12:26 AM)Zoombeyblade Wrote:

I won't spam duo, I'll be spamming wing
Oh...I see....Anti-Meta....

Good luck with your new combo
Aww man I just found out that I might not be able to come to this tourney Angry

Well it only 2 days from the tournament! I hope you all are excited!

Ha! Certainly am! Although I may not get any practice time in today x___x I'm in and out of sleep... and he day wasn't that long... -shrug- CANNOT... MUSTER... ENOUGH... BEYSPIRIT... TO PRACTICE...
You guys ready to see the coolest blader around! lol.
That's right I'm coming, can't wait to see all of you guys again, I'm looking forward to seeing some new faces! Might be my last tourney for a while so beat me while you can!

Othellog comes back from the dead...................