WBO 2009 Face Collection Campaign

(Feb. 18, 2009  11:42 PM)pegasis Wrote: i was wondering, can i make an ad about WBO on my youtube channel so i can get members to join and then get the amber face?

Stop being so obsessive about the faces and just try to be a productive member on the board. Doing things just for the sake of getting a face is not the right mentality to have. The members who have most of the faces are the ones who are active in the community and put time and effort into making this place grow. Do things with that mindset and faces come to you. I am sure if you do something noteworthy Brad will recognize it.
(Feb. 18, 2009  11:42 PM)pegasis Wrote: i was wondering, can i make an ad about WBO on my youtube channel so i can get members to join and then get the amber face?

read arjun's post

that being said, if you want to get referrals have people join with your referral link, which you can get from going to your User CP and clicking Invite Friend
Are new faces every going to be added?
(Feb. 19, 2009  1:32 AM)Maz Wrote: Are new faces every going to be added?

Yes, new faces will be added over time.
What about a face for the 'World battle System' ?
Doubt it, we shouldn't, cuz it would make people cheat for it. Having them for tournament prizes is much better.
I see you have made some aesthetic changes to some of the faces Brad. At first I thought my eyes were messing with me, but then I noticed a lot of peoples faces had changed. I like the new look.
Yeah, I went through and revised some more heavily than others. There's also a new Platinum face, but who knows how to get it ...
Maybe it is just my monitor calibration, but I find the new platinum face kinda hard to see. Unless that was the point.
I updated it so it's easier to see.

EDIT: Also updated Pearl, Silver, and Diamond to be easier to see.
That is much better; now all that remains is to actually find out what the Platinum face does. It sounds incredibly badass.

Edit: I just noticed the redesigned Lapis Lazuli face matches my avatar so well. The purple and the orange/yellow are a perfect match for my Samurai Changer.
It's actually blue and yellow but whatevs it does match well.
First off, the face compeition thing is a really cool idea. Joyful_3 I thought of a few things but they seemed too simple to actually be true......XD

Anyways, if the winner can chose between the Pearl and Onyx faces, does this mean that they mean the same thing?
ooh just saw the platinum face its very shiny ^^ me wants =P
Maybe there could be a "member of the month" face.
(Feb. 26, 2009  1:34 AM)-WOLF- Wrote: Maybe there could be a "member of the month" face.

Kai-V wins...EVERY MONTH! End.
Seriously. Good idea, but I doubt anyone can beat her.
I really love the New Faces Smile

EDIT: Although, for the "Member of Month" Face... What if they lost ito someone else, huh?
(Feb. 26, 2009  1:40 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: Seriously. Good idea, but I doubt anyone can beat her.
Anubis. He's put so much time into organizing events, and crafting items like the prize Libra's at his tournament. He even tried for the ice bowl. Not to mention he's probably the most patient blade when it comes to beginners.

I don't see why he shouldn't win.

There should be some kind of "most improved" face for someone who actually took their time to read the wiki and improve by both research and attending events.
(Feb. 26, 2009  1:46 AM)Anu Wrote: I really love the New Look for the Lazuli Face Smile

EDIT: Although, for the "Member of Month" Face... What if they lost ito someone else, huh?

Me too. It looks awesome! Also dig the Wyvern Face.
Hadn't thought of him, really should have, sorry =(. IDK, about the idea then.
(Feb. 26, 2009  2:09 AM)Deikailo Wrote: There should be some kind of "most improved" face for someone who actually took their time to read the wiki and improve by both research and attending events.

This is an interesting idea, but what if you already have the Amethyst Face or possess a large amount of knowledge on Beyblade? It would be difficult to obtain that kind of Face in that case.
(Feb. 26, 2009  2:33 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2009  2:09 AM)Deikailo Wrote: There should be some kind of "most improved" face for someone who actually took their time to read the wiki and improve by both research and attending events.

This is an interesting idea, but what if you already have the Amethyst Face or possess a large amount of knowledge on Beyblade? It would be difficult to obtain that kind of Face in that case.
Then you just don't get the face?

I think a cool face for down the line would be a ten year face for those who have been a part of the community for ten years (this, of course, would begin with OtC)
(Feb. 26, 2009  2:47 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Then you just don't get the face?

I think a cool face for down the line would be a ten year face for those who have been a part of the community for ten years (this, of course, would begin with OtC)

Well yeah, that is clearly what would happen. However, I think Faces should be obtainable for all members.