Vulcan Discussion

It seems as though the Quetz wheel has just been outclassed.

Here we are;

ATTACK TESTING: (Click to View)

DEFENCE TESTING: (Click to View)

COMPARISON OF CURRENT TOP TIER WHEELS: (Click to View)

STAMINA TESTING: (Click to View)

***OTHER MEMBERS TESTING****

Blitz's Tetsing (Click to View)
Galaxy's Testing (Click to View)
Dan's Testing (Click to View)

Now this thing has some serious smash attack, the hits that occurred while testing this wheel were some of the biggest I've seen in the MFB series, while surprisingly the wheel actually moves quite fast especially once coupled with R2F it becomes ridiculously hard to control.

I didn't use an MF just yet as I wanted to gain some control results before I tried a MF. The first thing that's noticeable with Vulcan is the weight, unlike other wheels particular Grand and Mercury the metal wheel isn't hollowed out; Vulcan is completely solid which adds to Vulcan's weight and attacking power. Unfortunately I don't have any scales so I can't say for certain but Vulcan definitely feels like one of the heaviest wheels to date. In regards to it's shape is sort of a cross between Quetz's shape with the thickness of Earth, which allows Vulcan to have considerable smash attack while it still has significant upper attack as Vulcan was able to get underneath Earth Bull quite easily even with the round body of GB145 protecting it.

Now up in till this point it looks like as if Vulcan is currently the best attack wheel available, that's why I tested it against RS to see whether or not it's as dominant against RS as it was against WB.

AGAINST AN RS OPPONENT (Click to View)

As the results show while Vulcan has great smash ability the defensive qualities of RS are simply too strong. Because of RS and it's amazing defensive qualities the strong smash attacks which were strong enough to KO Earth Bull GB145WB quite easily are simply not powerful enough to KO it's RS counterpart. The hits from Vulcan would generally land RS close/near the exits but the attacks would rarely be strong enough to knock out RS except in the case of 90R2F but even still RS was able to withstand quite significant attacks from Vulcan. Though keep in mind when comparing these RS results please take into consideration the win rates that Kei achieved while battling a RS opponent in his RS discussion thread.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-RS-Discussion
I would buy it soon after getting this result.
From what I've seen it's definitely top-tier from an attack perspective.

The smash attack from this thing is crazy.
Nice test. Hope I could get one for $30v. Not likely though. Btw, do you have spares?
This is fascinating. I thought that the wheel was totally hollowed or chamfered out. I can't believe it gets such comparable results to Quetz. I'd be really interested to see what difference the clear wheel would make.
See, and everybody just said it looked ugly and would perform very bad as soon as they saw the Metal Wheel. Admittedly I expected better results in stamina for some reason, but Attack is as good.
i thought vulcan looked like a good atk wheel, because it looks like it has upper/smash atk ability.
Darn guess i'm getting Vulcan horseus then.
Heh, for some reason I thought it would be great as an attack wheel!
Hopefully we can get more tests as I will then be getting 2 VH's if it proves to be even more useful.
woah vulcan horuseus is a beast blade! i would get but im not allowed to order online Unhappy
If only this was released as a starter...but Sonokong aand Hasbro might do something , I really need this , I'm loving the smash attack results !
Considering Nile uses Vulcan Horuseus in the anime, it will surely be released at least by Hasbro, and perhaps by SonoKong too.
Does want.
I hope I can find a larger supplier soon... I'm currently buying hasbro blades..
But Toys'r'us seem to be only stocking 6 base blades... And that sucks...

Looks like I'll need to start buying online and chancing my luck with ebay and such. Unhappy
Daaaaymn, I thought pegasis was THE greatest thing since sliced bread.
Next purchase = found, hehe
Yeah! My favourite character's bey is actually good :3
Getting this soon Grin
I'll be waiting for Hasbro or Sono Kong, but these are definitely good results.

Thanks Fyuuor!
(Sep. 29, 2010  3:07 PM)ChAoStOrM Wrote: Nice test. Hope I could get one for $30v. Not likely though. Btw, do you have spares?

No sorry, but if your in desperate need of one I do believe that Dimsum has 1 still available for around 40 GBP.

I've edited the OP to include stamina testing results, I'm not surprised that it performed horribly though it should be noted that I had do redo a considerable amount of rounds due to KO's on Vulcans behalf as well as the opponents not to mention a few double KO's.
The answer SEEMS obvious, but: Too much recoil for it to be a defensive wheel, right?
Ugh, why another good attack wheel?
Why.

We need more defense.
AND YO, I second the clear wheel testing, see if Gemios makes a difference.
thanks fuyoor for the tests... can you try them with C145 also? just want to know if theres any difference.
Fyuuor, Do you think you could make a video of this?
I'm loving these results, and would like to see them in action!
(Sep. 29, 2010  11:10 PM)Corey Wrote: The answer SEEMS obvious, but: Too much recoil for it to be a defensive wheel, right?

When I get a bit more time I'll test it out as a defensive wheel, I wanted to get some sort of results out instead of posting them all at once.

(Sep. 29, 2010  11:33 PM)Nojo294 Wrote: thanks fuyoor for the tests... can you try them with C145 also? just want to know if theres any difference.

Sure, I'll do the testing when I perform the tests for Vulcans defensive capabilites.

(Sep. 30, 2010  12:14 AM)HEAVYARMS Wrote: Fyuuor, Do you think you could make a video of this?
I'm loving these results, and would like to see them in action!

Don't hold your breath, I tried uploading something a little while ago as I was going to make a Youtube channel but I don't have a movie maker on my computer. I'll see if I can try and get somethng up even if it is compeltly horrible.
Thanks again Fyuuor.
Attack wise, from what I've read, I'm guessing 90R2F is the best attack combo using Vulcan?
So I'm just going against the current a bit here and giving my opinion:

Damn. I was hoping this wouldn't be good, it's still incredibly ugly to me.