UK Beybladers: Will There Be Another Expo Tournament?

I think you're right about that. Maybe doing it on the grass or somewhere outside would be better if it's likely the Expo will have a problem with holding the event inside.
As long as we have a tourney, its alllll gooooooooddddd =D
So is there gonna be a tourney at the expo ?
If there were news it would be posted. Seeing as there is nothing poasted in regards to an event, there is no news...
Sorry guys, I've been really busy lately. There should be another event at the next Expo but it's unlikely that there'll be a tourney there. I'm thinking more free battles, demos, getting new people interested, etc and then having a tourney a week or two later, somewhere in London (probably the park) in the hopes that we can get people from the Expo to attend. Expo tourneys themselves can be pretty hectic with so many other things distractiing people and limited time and space, they are not the ideal environment; it can be hard to get people to commit and when/if they do, you need to be able to focus to get the tourney running smoothly whilst dealing without outside issues and other expo attendees, etc, etc.
I was gonna make a topic about this later when things were more structured but seeing as I'm pressed for time, how about telling me what you think here? I'd still want you to all come along to help promote beyblade and have free battles and meet each other and help the newbies and each other and just have fun really. But if you could only come to one event for some reason, the expo or the tourney, then I suppose I'd suggest coming to the tourney. Thoughts and opinions?
(Sep. 01, 2009  5:07 PM)Rocky Wrote: Sorry guys, I've been really busy lately. There should be another event at the next Expo but it's unlikely that there'll be a tourney there. I'm thinking more free battles, demos, getting new people interested, etc and then having a tourney a week or two later, somewhere in London (probably the park) in the hopes that we can get people from the Expo to attend. Expo tourneys themselves can be pretty hectic with so many other things distractiing people and limited time and space, they are not the ideal environment; it can be hard to get people to commit and when/if they do, you need to be able to focus to get the tourney running smoothly whilst dealing without outside issues and other expo attendees, etc, etc.
I was gonna make a topic about this later when things were more structured but seeing as I'm pressed for time, how about telling me what you think here? I'd still want you to all come along to help promote beyblade and have free battles and meet each other and help the newbies and each other and just have fun really. But if you could only come to one event for some reason, the expo or the tourney, then I suppose I'd suggest coming to the tourney. Thoughts and opinions?

Nooooooooo! This is not fair. T_T
I'd pretty much agree with that; I'd imagine holding a tournament at the Expo would be a complete nightmare logistically.

The tournament after a few weeks sounds like a good idea, actually.
Well I mean it could be done I just think this makes a bit more sense, when thinking about what con attendees want, what I feel I can do and what younger members parents prefer. I'm trying my best to look at this from all angles. :\

Care to elaborate Zander?
Hahaha, I meant I pretty much agree what you said. x]
I'd rather not do a tourney at Expo again, It just gets to hetic and then people complain for waiting... etc. I think we should just stick to the demo's etc like Rocky said.
Yeah sounds good to me people i will help in any way possible as i am pretty damn close to the expo and it was so hectic last time i think this is a good plan. So i will defo be attending both events and if anyone needs help with money ect. then i will see how my situation is but hopefully i will be able to help people out as i wouldnt like to miss an event over money, after all it can be repaid at a later date so im not bothered and happy to help Wink really exited and can't wait =D
I will be attending both days of the expo. I will help where possible, however my commitments lay else where for this expo. I will hang around for the vast majority of the expo at the WBO stall with Rocky and Blitz, however I plan on spending a fair amount of time with my friend as its his birthday.
(Sep. 01, 2009  8:07 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: I will be attending both days of the expo. I will help where possible, however my commitments lay else where for this expo. I will hang around for the vast majority of the expo at the WBO stall with Rocky and Blitz, however I plan on spending a fair amount of time with my friend as its his birthday.

Wait, what? Do we even have a stall?

Elaborate............Erm yeah, I think you know what i mean if I had to try and get to Regent park all the time Rocky. Don't get me wrong though, it's a good idea just not so great for me. Tired
You read way to much into what I was saying. The way I wrote it implied that they had a stall but I did not mean it literally.
(Sep. 01, 2009  5:07 PM)Rocky Wrote: I was gonna make a topic about this later when things were more structured but seeing as I'm pressed for time, how about telling me what you think here? I'd still want you to all come along to help promote beyblade and have free battles and meet each other and help the newbies and each other and just have fun really. But if you could only come to one event for some reason, the expo or the tourney, then I suppose I'd suggest coming to the tourney. Thoughts and opinions?

I agree wholeheartedly with the demos and free battles idea! It sounds great. That means I'll be able to bring my HMS and plastics with me to battle (since I don't have any MFBs). I haven't yet had the chance to meet or battle with any new Beybladers so this would be an excellent opportunity and I'm sure others like me feel the same. Promoting Beyblade, getting people interested and perhaps even getting others back into it in the process sounds a great deal better than holding a tournament at the Expo now that I think about it and would perhaps be less hassle.

I have bought a ticket for the Saturday of the Expo; I'm definitely going. I'd love to go to the demos and free battles too so once everything is settled in terms of where these will take place, who will run them and anything extra which needs to be done I'll see if I can come. Most likely I will!

EDIT: Espio, it'll be interesting to meet you if I can since I didn't get to when you asked if I was going to the May Expo in the BeyUK forums some years back (as I couldn't make it at that time but now I can!). Plus you do (or used to maybe since you're at uni? I'm currently applying...) live near me.
(Sep. 01, 2009  9:29 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: You read way to much into what I was saying. The way I wrote it implied that they had a stall but I did not mean it literally.

Oh, sorry. Pinching_eyes
If a tournament is indeed going ahead then I will definately be able to make it and take part. I am going with a friend to the London Expo who is still kind of interested in Beyblading, so perhaps I can get her back into the game using the demos and free battles we have discussed. Would anyone be willing to lend people like her Beyblades (since they probably won't have any with them) for free battles or trying them out etc?
If something is organised, it will most likely be demonstrations and opportunities to try the new Beyblades out; currently a tournament is considered unlikely, and will probably be held a few weeks after the Expo.
Yeah, it's a no go with a Tournament but there will still be some of us going to the expo though so there will be free battles that we can do. We will let you know if anything comes up though but don't put to much hope in that.
(Sep. 17, 2009  4:10 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: Yeah, it's a no go with a Tournament but there will still be some of us going to the expo though so there will be free battles that we can do. We will let you know if anything comes up though but don't put to much hope in that.

That's fine. I'm just glad Beyblade is (hopefully) going to be promoted once again at the Expo. I'll keep an eye on this thread for any updates on whether the demos and free battles are going to be held.
aaaaagh i really wanna go and i probably will but its 3 and 2 days before my mums birthday so im going to be pennyless and i really wanted to go buy some anime merch and stuff i guess i could still go but probably have very little spending money its like hell on earth why god why (sobs.......) i've always wanted to go to one of these expos but with £100+ darn my dreams have just been shattered why couldn't it have been in october
oh and i think there should'nt be a tourney just free battles i really wanna be in a tourney but it would be hell there and i don't want to have to blade at a certain time i wanna go buy some anime merch and test some new games out
(Sep. 19, 2009  10:46 AM)JB Stardust770 Wrote: Post deleted by myself for dumbness

you live in poole right? how are you getting to the expo by train?
er... the expo is in october...
anyway im gunna b there demos r probs the best idea especialy witth how busy it will b
(Sep. 19, 2009  5:41 PM)bbgoldflame Wrote: That's fine. I'm just glad Beyblade is (hopefully) going to be promoted once again at the Expo. I'll keep an eye on this thread for any updates on whether the demos and free battles are going to be held.

Erm, I never said it was going to be promoted, we won't even be doing the free battles inside. Anything we do will be outside on the grass.
^ On what basis are you saying this? Anything we do will be inside - demos, freebattles, promotion - same as last time. I know I haven't disclosed too much information but I ask that you don't start speaking for others on matters about which you don't have your facts straight.

I've been extremely rubbish lately, I know, and I apologise for that. Last I spoke to the Expo people I was just sorting out arrangements, but that was a little while ago. I'll get onto it properly shortly but I don't think we'll be able to sell any stock there so sorry to any new bladers who wanted to buy something cheaper there. We'll have to see if I can grab anything before then. If I do, sotck would be extremely limited.