The ongoing debate: Defensive tracks -- is C145 still top tier?

Poll: Is C145 still top tier?

Yes, it is.
65.63%
No, it is not.
34.38%
Total: 100% 224 vote(s)
(Aug. 22, 2010  6:07 AM)Ozzy Wrote: the results are still extremely close.

Exactly.
If the provided tests achieve very similar results, GB145 would be the ideal choice, and safer one, in every situation, which is probably what Frowny has been trying to point out.
well I think I most try to make a video of what i'm talking about for C145... on how it works with me and why I think it can be a good part to use... I have some difficulty to explain what I said exactly... difficulty with English language. I do this tomorrow.
Yet again, you make NO sense. If you are even admitting they are extremely close, what makes it fair to say that one is better than the other or in your words, "sucks", when the winning margin is exactly ONE win as it stands in my results at the moment especially as people can clearly see the results VARY? Arguing the clear facts that I and even others have posted is ridiculous. I wont participate in it anymore. The rest of my results will be up tomorrow. Do your own testing for a change.
Ozzy, congratulations on becoming the first member on my ignore list.
And if you try it with the WD bottom to see if the result was so close too
(Aug. 22, 2010  6:14 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Ozzy, congratulations on becoming the first member on my ignore list.

Why thank you! I am so glad that you can finally formulate a list. Now lets see you accomplish a major feat and post some useful results that YOU conducted with these parts. Good luck.
(Aug. 22, 2010  5:59 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: That's pretty much why I posted those pictures in my post on page 2.
Most of the time C145 makes no contact with the opponent anyways.
Hmm, for me, Quetzalcoatl 90RF is a different story compared to MF Lightning L Drago 90RF.
I can occasionally hear a rattling sound from C145 whenever Quetzalcoatl 90RF hits MF Earth Bull C145WB, meaning that C145 is actually coming into play.

Again, this is only from my personal experience, your results with C145 may be totally different from mine.

I am so neutral in this argument(?), haha.
Yeah, I noticed Quetz 90RF CAN hit the claws, but I don't think Quetz 90RF is that good anyways.
seriously.
(Aug. 22, 2010  5:53 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: But your results still show there's no reason to ever pick C145 over GB145, especially if they're equal in the situation where C145 is supposed to preform best.

But wouldn't that mean it's still top tier if they performed the same? Or since c145 had 1 more win? Because your saying that gb145 outclasses c145, but this thread was to see if c145 is still top tier. Since they performed virtually the same wouldn't that mean c145 is still top tier then?
(Aug. 22, 2010  4:02 PM)xCiegex Wrote: But wouldn't that mean it's still top tier if they performed the same? Or since c145 had 1 more win?

Here's what McFrown is sayng: C145 may be equal or slightly better against low attackers.

Low attackers are a very small portion of the meta, and GB145 works much better against all other forms of attack.

Additionally, C145 does not work against all low attackers either. MF LDrago 90/100WF is low, and kills C145 much easier than GB145.

P.S. C145 is still obviously top tier. My reasoning? ED145 is. Libruhhh
I thought he was saying c145 isn't top tier anymore and it sucks? That what his other posts have been saying.
(Aug. 22, 2010  4:13 PM)xCiegex Wrote: I thought he was saying c145 isn't top tier anymore and it sucks? That what his other posts have been saying.

Yes, because he believes C145 is only for Quetzalcoatl 90RF, and other defensive tracks outclasses it.
(Aug. 22, 2010  4:13 PM)xCiegex Wrote: I thought he was saying c145 isn't top tier anymore and it sucks? That what his other posts have been saying.

People need to learn to understand what Mc Frown is saying, not what his words literally mean. =/

He's saying C145 is basically equal to GB145 in the one area it is good in, and severely outclassed everywhere else. When he says it sucks, he means that there is no reason to use C145 over GB145, not that it's actually on the level of Dark or M145Q.
I have quite a few gripes with this thread, and, imo, it really is just personal bickering here.

(Aug. 22, 2010  2:38 AM)Ozzy Wrote: Your question doesn't even grammatically or logically make sense. LOL. I'm done. Fact is, as proven, C145 is still top-tier. Polls, results, and support is there to prove it. It may not be forever but it is at the moment so saying it "sucks" is ridiculous. Fact is, I dont even care about defense. I don't use it. Never had and never did. Only thing bothering me is the fact that you are going around saying something sucks when you dont even have personal experience with parts that are used in comparison with it. Nothing more needs to be said. With that, say what you like but you have been proven wrong.

Oooh, the irony of you commenting on Mc Frown's grammar... We're on the internet where no one completely adheres to the rules of English grammar, so to judge someone's argument based on their grammar is stupid, let alone when the critic exhibits the same behaviour.

(Aug. 22, 2010  2:59 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Should I be warned for this post, it will be an injustice. Ozzy has resorted to veiled personal attacks in every argument he has ever been involved in with me, and I feel it is my turn to retaliate, for once.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

(Aug. 22, 2010  3:23 AM)Mc Frown Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2010  3:20 AM)xCiegex Wrote: however are there better choices than it?.. Probably,

(Aug. 22, 2010  3:20 AM)xCiegex Wrote: I think we can agree it is still top tier,

You agree there are better choices.
This means it is outclassed.
Outclassed parts do not deserve to be top tier.

Whilst C145 is outclassed, it is only better by one other track: GB145. It still deserves to be top tier, and is nowhere near as bad as Storm compared to something like Pegasis.

For those who watch football, the issue of whether or not C145 is top tier can be summed up like this: think of Arjen Robben as C145 and Messi as GB145.

(Aug. 22, 2010  4:19 AM)The LVJ Wrote: Ozzy, please ease off. There's no need to berate incessantly.

I, personally, see no reason to take C145 off the list. It's still one of the best defensive tracks. Granted, I do prefer GB145.

The LVJ summed up pretty much how I, and I'm sure many others, feel.

(Aug. 22, 2010  4:44 AM)Ozzy Wrote: Stuff about 145 vs. DF145 in terms of solo spin time.

If you want to be technical, the fact that I even mentioned the combo L L Drago 100WD has done more for the community and the potentially the metagame since now people have a clearer understanding of Zombies vs. Spin Stealers. If I had not mentioned it in Kei's thread and started the controversy, people would still be confused.

It wasn't just about solo spin time. I don't suppose you've read the thread where 145 was actually better than DF145 in testing by a few wins.

In your LLD 100WD, iirc, you were actually wrong in that. You can't really claim that you've done more for the community when you were wrong and Mc Frown was right. You're essentially saying you helped the community because you said something that was wrong and then others and Mc Frown corrected you...

(Aug. 22, 2010  5:46 AM)Ozzy Wrote: Results

I think it's best that neither you or Mc Frown do any results.

(Aug. 22, 2010  5:47 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Wow, one more win out of 20.

MF Lightning LDrago 90RF - MF Earth Bull GB145WB:
14 - 5 (2 KOs in favour of Earth) + 1 draw

MF Lightning LDrago 90RF - MF Earth Bull C145WB (2nd testing):
15 - 5

MF Lightning LDrago 90RF - MF Libra GB145WB:
13 - 7 (1 KO in favour of Libra)

MF Lightning LDrago 90RF - MF Libra C145WB:
12 - 7 (1 KO in favour of Libra) + 1 draw

To be honest/fair, that's what my results are for GB145 and they're not even that great because of the draws.

(Aug. 22, 2010  5:53 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: But your results still show there's no reason to ever pick C145 over GB145, especially if they're equal in the situation where C145 is supposed to preform best.

The same goes for my results.

Bottom line:

C145 is still a top tier part though it has a very niche purpose and, if it is better than GB145, that is to be expected and it shouldn't be praised as if it's the next best thing since sliced bread because it's just fulfilling its purpose. However, that's only if C145 is significantly better than GB145 against low attackers. If C145 is only marginally better, which most tests suggest, GB145 should be praised much more so since that's not its intended purpose. Hence, due to the versatility of GB145, I think that, overall, GB145 is better than C145 and should be the first track for a player to buy for defence purposes. Despite this, C145 is still top tier.
Fantastic post, Cpt. Squirrel. Thank you!
I would say a few things in regards to things Cpt. Squirrel said that was wrong but I'll say this, your posts seems quite biased seeing as how you don't exactly know how the situation began. I do my results based on not only what is requested but the situation at hand. For you to say it's best that I don't do any results is not only insulting to me but to also say I shouldn't along with him is ridiculous. Unlike him, I own the parts physically therefore I can test and not just post others' results. I have every right to post my results. They were under valid conditions and all customs were legal. They are just as good as any of yours seeing as how we got essentially the same result with different combos. What makes yours any better than mine in that sense? This whole thread was to discuss if C145 is still top-tier. McFrown and I were done with the situation. My results were posted and he got to see what he wanted. What was the point in you even bringing all that up besides your own personal bickering? Seems mighty strange to me considering if and when I did what you are doing, I got all sorts of "slaps on the hand" and you get a thank you. Whatever the case may be, don't insult me. McFrown and I were done. It may not have been on the best terms but if Daegor's reasoning was correct, we agree on the same things, just misunderstandings or losses in translation.
(Aug. 22, 2010  6:01 PM)Ozzy Wrote: I would say a few things...

You're turning this into a bickering thread... (Click to View)

Edit: My bad, you have turned it into a bickering thread.
How are my results biased? If they were, wouldn't there be more wins obviously leaning towards C145's success rather than GB145's? As I said before, you came here with your bickering. The situation was over. In that sense, you were the one who made it into bickering. We were done. Don't act like you know me or know how I feel or think. You don't at all. I'm not mad or frustrated. I am simply annoyed by people who think they know what is going on and don't at all and have the need to bicker about things that are done and over with. Seems to me like you just wanted to have something to say but whatever. I was done then and I am now.
You're just feeding the flame. If you were done you didn't need to respond.
I agree wholeheartedly with Captain Squirell, except on the point that C145 is top tier.
It's still good, and should be reccomended, but I don't feels it deserves to be on the competitve combos thread, it seems like more of a budget option than anything.

If anyone is interested, Mc Frown's thoughts on the MFB metagame:
Mc Frown, well said, I agree on everything except that MF Lightning LDrago 100RF = CH120 so both should be put as alternates, Quetz needs to stay, for defense C145 stays, CS also needs testing and stamina 145 = DF145.
It's safe to disagree with things. People have been being immature lately and others just bandwagonning and speaking just to have something to say. I'm not saying I am not included in those categories. I'll end it here and take the higher stance even if I don't necessarily feel I should and I may be right about a lot of what I said. I apologize to McFrown if I have said things to offend you. We may not agree but I still respect you as a member for your contributions. I may not feel that some are completely amazing or game-changing but I still accept and respect them. Thanks for disagreeing. I learned a lot and saw different aspects of the game and others' viewpoints here. The initial disagreement was between you and Corey. Then I spoke out so it then became more so you and I rather than you, Corey and me. I don't know where others place in that was. They should have stayed out of it rather than continuing what was already finished. Whatever the case may be, regardless who was right or wrong between us, I apologize. And I also apologize to Corey for allowing it to continue on this thread when I could have just let others say what they wanted about me and ended it there. I just don't tolerate it from anyone in any situation regardless of their status.
(Aug. 22, 2010  7:34 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: Quetzalcoatl 90RF needs removed

What? Why? It's still a good combo.