The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra! (New Avatar Show)

I still haven't watched the episode but I bet it's gonna be awesome
(Apr. 27, 2012  12:29 AM)TheInGreek Wrote: Is steve blum a voice actor for wolvorine? (Hulk VS, Wolverine and the x men?) because his VAing is certaintly close to wolverine indeed.

Yep, he does that, too!

I swear, he's been in so much stuff, you pretty much have a chance out of two to hear him in cartoon. He's that good.
Did anyone watch episode 5 bolin and korra in love Grin never really understood why she kissed Mko and Mako already has girlfriend.I bet mako's girlfriend will betray or die in season 1 and then season 2 korra gets a chance to be her girlfriend lol!!
It's actually more of a 'Bolin → Korra ?←→ Mako ←→ Asami' sort of thing.
I absolutely love this show despite the major sinkholes to be discovered all over the timeline and story-line. The way they incorporated steampunk with the ever-present culture behind the different bender nation's styles impressed me. I hope that they decide to extend the short series and don't screw things up later in the season.
Tottaly agree with you for now it's the best anime even on record books the original sereis is No.1. What I don't get is why would mako not want his brother to have korra while he has asami.Seems to me he doesn't want korra to go with anyone on a date.
Did anyone watch the new episode?Cartoon world is down and now I don't know where I can watch it?Please if you know where to watch episode 6 then reply below or pm me.Thanks
i watched it you could wait a few days and nick.com should have it up
Thanks guys but I hoped for a download link though.Why aren't they airing it in the Uk!US always get the good stuff.
Well shows normally take time to go from the US to the UK but I don't care. There's not much chance i'm gonna wake up early to see it even if they were airing on the same dates.
Wow this last episode was epic, though I didn't think Tonno would lose his bending! I thought he would end up a friend of Korra's and turn out to be Zuko's son or something. Man, Amon is awesome!!! He gets better and better with every episode! MOR KORRA PLEAS!!!
I saw that coming. One thing I find annoying is that Korra hasn't used the avatar state yet. I'm guessing it's because she isn't in touch with her spiritual side which she needs to be in order to use it.
I'm pretty surprised by the turn this series is taking. It seems that the rest of Republic city will become the bad guy, now that Amon showed very much publicly that even untrained non-benders can rival with benders through technology. That's pretty cool.

I'm also intrigued by those flashbacks to Aang's later life we keep seeing. Teen Toph looks pretty cool in 'em, too :3
This show is amazing, Steve Blum is amazing

To horribly quote beyblade, "Amazing huh?"

The shows new art style aproach as compared to Seasons 1-3 is great. The way the world, technology, and conflict have changed are all really nice new game changers. Characters, relations, and plot lines are not so typical this time either (S1-3 werent overly typical, but some things were a bit stale)

Legend if Korra is a great sequel to the book of Air. I look
foward to it every weekend Smile
Saw the last episode yesterday
I love how this show can have some fun moments in it without getting cheesy and then turn a completely different direction through the course of the episode, all in 22 min. That is what "The Aftermath" did for me.
I feel bad for Tahno(yea that's how its spelled), he seems to have lost all of his pride from the recent incident.

P.S. It was so funny when the Cabbage Corp. owner(I think that's the original's son) was getting dragged away and yelled, "No! Not my CABBAGE CORP!!!" when he found out it wold be closed. XD
I find it funny how the metalbenders only bend metal even though they are earthbenders. I wonder if Lin Beifong is going to invent platinum bender. Because Sato saide even your mother cant bend platinum.
Um the way metal bending works is that they can bend it because it has tiny bit of earth in it. But with platinum it's much purer so it doesn't have the rock in it.
(May. 20, 2012  11:55 PM)Ultra Wrote: Um the way metal bending works is that they can bend it because it has tiny bit of earth in it. But with platinum it's much purer so it doesn't have the rock in it.

I'm not really a watcher of this show, but if one were to get extraordinarily technical, Platinum is a natural element found within the Earth's crust.

Admittedly in small amount, but... still~
I like Legend of Korra, but the only thing is that the main elements that made The Last Airbender great. I'm not saying be repetitive, but put in key elements like the Avatar state and some goofiness.
(May. 25, 2012  3:25 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: I like Legend of Korra, but the only thing is that the main elements that made The Last Airbender great. I'm not saying be repetitive, but put in key elements like the Avatar state and some goofiness.

The Avatar State still stands, she just hasn't been able to go into it. I'm hoping she will next episode.
Wouldn't Amon know if you electrocute an avatar when he/she is going to the avatar state, blocks the link between chakras.I guarantee she will go to the avatar state at the end episodes of the season because season 1 will end with Amon changing everyone around the world to become an equalist. Korra's friend will try to stop him but they will get caught and start being mistreated. Korra will go in to the avatar state but only to be striked by lightining.Just like that they will be helpless but they will escape by chance and go to probably In fire nation. Offcourse this is my predictions just saying
The only problem I find with the show is the explination of Korra's difficulties learning air bending. In the original show, Aang had a hard time learning Earth Bending because Air was opposite of Earth in the cycle. By that logic, Korra should have difficulty learning Fire, as she is a water bender. However, in order to more heavily integrate Aang's son into the show and provide insight on learning a 4th element (an element which the previous avatar already knew so we never saw the training) it seems as if the rule was changed to now being the element that is the most difficukt for the Avatar to master is the element most opposite to the Avatar's personality, which for Korra is Air, and by that logic, for Aang, that would have been Fire. Confusing...

Anyway, I was disapointed to not see a new episode this past weekend. And I know they will be slower episodes compared to others, but sooner or later we need to see more Air Bending training episodes.

Considering how Korra already knows Water, Fire and Earth, and by the end of Book 1 she should know Air, then what will the next "books" be named? Curious...
(May. 30, 2012  1:15 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: However, in order to more heavily integrate Aang's son into the show and provide insight on learning a 4th element (an element which the previous avatar already knew so we never saw the training) it seems as if the rule was changed to now being the element that is the most difficukt for the Avatar to master is the element most opposite to the Avatar's personality, which for Korra is Air, and by that logic, for Aang, that would have been Fire. Confusing...

Eh, no, not really. Aang was pretty much 100% Airbender, in his personality, movements, and such. So, he pretty much just dodged and used his agility to his advantage, whereas in Earthbending, it's more about keeping ground and very little movement. Fire and air are pretty similar (at least, more than others) to me, to be honest Uncertain
Korra is a hot-headed girl airbending requires peace of mind and a sense of control. Korra is opposite of that so it is harder for her. Besides if i didnt wear water tribe clothing I'd think she'd be a firebender.