[Takara Tomy]  Screw Trident Testing

As the title states, this thread is all about testing the "absorber" layer, Screw Trident. I really doubted the usefulness of this layer, so I decided to test against several meta combos and some more odd options...

Equipment:
  • B-33 Standard Type Beystadium 
  • Beylauncher (with Beylogger as grip) 
  • Beylauncher L (for easy weak-launches for aB) 
Note: As for why I am not using Beylauncher LR, I sadly have inconsistent launches due to the smoothness of that launcher handle.

Note: As for why I am not using Beylauncher LR, I sadly have inconsistent launches due to the smoothness of that launcher handle.

Tested Layer: Screw Trident

Point Counter: 1 point for burst, survivor, and over finishes.

First up was Screw Trident (A Mould) 7G. O vs dF. 7. Br (A Mould for both):

Screw Trident (A Mould) 7 Glaive Atomic then faced Nightmare Longinus Bump Destroy:

Alter Chronos (A Mould)(balanced) 7 Atomic was the next to battle Screw Trident (A Mould) 7 Glaive Orbit:

If you have any combos for sT or any custom combos of other beys you want to suggest, please present them and I'll try testing it...here is a list of parts...
Can you do Screw Trident Yell Atomic vs Drain Fafnir 7Glaive Orbit?
(Dec. 27, 2017  5:10 AM)dt1000 Wrote: Can you do Screw Trident Yell Atomic vs Drain Fafnir 7Glaive Orbit?

I'd recommend changing yell...lets at least test competitive combos here for the layer to see how well it can hold up...
(Dec. 27, 2017  5:14 AM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2017  5:10 AM)dt1000 Wrote: Can you do Screw Trident Yell Atomic vs Drain Fafnir 7Glaive Orbit?

I'd recommend changing yell...lets at least test competitive combos here for the layer to see how well it can hold up...

Yell is for burst resistance.
(Dec. 27, 2017  2:18 PM)dt1000 Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2017  5:14 AM)Dragunix Wrote: I'd recommend changing yell...lets at least test competitive combos here for the layer to see how well it can hold up...

Yell is for burst resistance.

7Glaive dosen't exactly make a condo easier to burst, it's only use is facing opposite spin, and even then it's outclassed.
(Dec. 27, 2017  8:12 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: lS 4 Extreme (left spin)
against what?

guys, please try looking at competitive combos before posting combo suggestions...or at least get an idea of which would be competitive...
(Dec. 27, 2017  4:18 PM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2017  8:12 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: lS 4 Extreme (left spin)
against what?

guys, please try looking at competitive combos before posting combo suggestions...or at least get an idea of which would be competitive...

Sorry, sT 7G O
(Dec. 27, 2017  4:56 AM)AwDragunix Wrote: As the title states, this thread is all about testing the "absorber" layer, Screw Trident. I really doubted the usefulness of this layer, so I decided to test against several meta combos and some more odd options...

Equipment:

First up was Screw Trident 7G. O vs dF. 7. Br (A Mould for both):

Screw Trident 7 Glaive Atomic then faced Nightmare Longinus Bump Destroy:

Alter Chronos (A Mould)(balanced) 7 Orbit/Atomic was the next to battle Screw Trident (A Mould) 7 Glaive Orbit:

If you have any combos for sT or any custom combos of other beys you want to suggest, please present them and I'll try testing it...here is a list of parts...
Try screw trident jerk atomic
(Dec. 27, 2017  6:18 PM)BurstMaster Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2017  4:18 PM)Dragunix Wrote: against what?

Sorry, sT 7G O
Is it okay to do lS 7B X right spin against the suggested combo?

(Dec. 27, 2017  6:31 PM)Rahil singh Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2017  4:56 AM)AwDragunix Wrote: As the title states, this thread is all about testing the "absorber" layer, Screw Trident. I really doubted the usefulness of this layer, so I decided to test against several meta combos and some more odd options...

Equipment:

First up was Screw Trident 7G. O vs dF. 7. Br (A Mould for both):

Screw Trident 7 Glaive Atomic then faced Nightmare Longinus Bump Destroy:

Alter Chronos (A Mould)(balanced) 7 Orbit/Atomic was the next to battle Screw Trident (A Mould) 7 Glaive Orbit:

Try screw trident jerk atomic
Please look at the list of parts first before asking.

And Jerk would be a outclassed choice
(Dec. 27, 2017  7:52 PM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2017  6:18 PM)BurstMaster Wrote: Sorry, sT 7G O
Is it okay to do lS 7B X right spin against the suggested combo?

(Dec. 27, 2017  6:31 PM)Rahil singh Wrote: Try screw trident jerk atomic
Please look at the list of parts first before asking.

And Jerk would be a outclassed choice

No. Thi s combo is actually pretty decent against mG
Jerk sucks

And have you tested this?
Some straight-up mirror match Stamina tests would be nice. This isn't the ideal match-up, but with the parts you have this might be okay: Screw Trident 7 Meteor Atomic vs. Deep Chaos 7 Meteor Atomic. Thanks!
Ok @[Kei]

Although dC may rek sT idk...

Shape wise, sT will prolly get held back due to shape alone...
@[Kei] I'll retest your suggestion later on...I need a better Atomic for mirror matches...

the good one is the RBV6 tW version...the one that is kinda sticky is aB's
(Dec. 27, 2017  2:25 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2017  2:18 PM)dt1000 Wrote: Yell is for burst resistance.

7Glaive dosen't exactly make a condo easier to burst, it's only use is facing opposite spin, and even then it's outclassed.

I said Yell.
but yell is outclassed. I'm serious...7G does far better for me when I use dF...
Meant Yell hah.
(Dec. 28, 2017  12:55 AM)Dragunix Wrote: but yell is outclassed. I'm serious...7G does far better for me when I use dF...

But Yell isn't on dF, its on sT.
Either way, 7G does better. Nobody uses a light, IWD disc.

Ok, so why Yell? 7G has more advantages...more stamina, frame support, just to name a few...
(Dec. 28, 2017  2:40 AM)Dragunix Wrote: Either way, 7G does better. Nobody uses a light, IWD disc.

Ok, so why Yell? 7G has more advantages...more stamina, frame support, just to name a few...

Yell has okay LAD and heightened burst resistance.
(Dec. 28, 2017  4:11 AM)dt1000 Wrote:
(Dec. 28, 2017  2:40 AM)Dragunix Wrote: Either way, 7G does better. Nobody uses a light, IWD disc.

Yell has okay LAD and heightened burst resistance.

7g has far better stamina with comparable lad and burst defense. yell isnt competitive anymore its too light and has bad stamina, its lad is that exceptional either polish and glaive(left spin) are better
Does anyone know what the layer is made of?
(Jan. 20, 2018  8:13 AM)Bananareaper Wrote: Does anyone know what the layer is made of?

Plastic
I tried Screw Trident

EQUIPMENT:

2 Light Launchers [Not Long Winder]
B-33 Stadium
Screw Trident Always Launched First

1. [a-mould gc] Screw Trident 7Under Revolve VS Seig Xcalibur 1Cross Variable [Worn and My Xtreme is Terrible. My Variable is good with Flower Patterns as it is more worn down than u think through battle and not sandpaper!] (When it Says Trident SF or whatever, It means [Bey] Wins by [Whatever] 
Not Toooooo badddd. It was mostly Trident Enduring but at times it burst. Have to try with its original god chip [which is not A]

BTW this is me Hard launching Screw Trident, I tried soft a couple of times and it kept getting Destabilised to death no matter how hard it try so i stuck to hard launching. I used a moderately weak launch for Xcalibur. In General i don't have the strongest launch.

Ill try more later