Space/Telescope Discussion Thread

(Dec. 22, 2020  9:27 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2020  9:25 PM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote: Didn't Jupiter and Saturn form double planets
No they got the closest they have been gotten in like 800 years. You could see both through the lens of a telescope without having to move it. You can still see it tonight just it will be a bit further off

Oh okay because it's been 800 years when they were this close at night
(Dec. 22, 2020  9:28 PM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2020  9:27 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: No they got the closest they have been gotten in like 800 years. You could see both through the lens of a telescope without having to move it. You can still see it tonight just it will be a bit further off

Oh okay because it's been 800 years when they were this close at night
Supposedly. Some say 800 some say 400 some say 100 it’s all over the place and since telescopes weren’t great 800 years ago you technically will never know.
(Dec. 22, 2020  9:30 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2020  9:28 PM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote: Oh okay because it's been 800 years when they were this close at night
Supposedly. Some say 800 some say 400 some say 100 it’s all over the place and since telescopes weren’t great 800 years ago you technically will never know.

Yeah
Bruh we were looking all night but me and my fam missed the once in 800 years alignment. We’re gonna look today, but it’s not gonna be as bright
(Dec. 22, 2020  10:00 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Bruh we were looking all night but me and my fam missed the once in 800 years alignment. We’re gonna look today, but it’s not gonna be as bright

It’ll happen in 20 years. There’s also nasa footage
Also the alignment happens every 20 years, but usually during the day so it’s hard to see. It happened like a century ago in the night, but it hasn’t been this close in 800 years
Does anybody have some high power telescopes that can see nebula’s or planets like Neptune and Venus?
space must be explored
Got my telescope to work finally. I saw the moon and Mars which looked like a tiny star but then I need a blue or red filter in order to see details. Tomorrow I will try to see Jupiter and Saturn.
I saw Jupiter and Saturn
me to! COOL
Anybody has any deep space telescopes. Or any cool finds in planet telescopes I would like to hear stories of finding a nebula or something around that.
I heard our local group in space is slowly drifting away from other local groups so the longer we take to see stuff out of this galaxy the more limited range we will get. Even if we try flying to the next local group it will be impossible. Sad Uncertain
(Dec. 23, 2020  6:39 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Huh wonder what that "ninth" planet is
*pluto crying in a corner*

Also technically if you say size= planet then Ganymede and titan are also a planet as they are larger than mercury. But then I guess even though Pluto is orbiting a planet it doesn’t matter if Ganymede and titan are orbiting a planet. free like soon they will say “oh Mercury isn’t a planet too”
(Dec. 23, 2020  6:46 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2020  6:39 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Huh wonder what that "ninth" planet is
*pluto crying in a corner*

Also technically if you say size= planet then Ganymede and titan are also a planet as they are larger than mercury. But then I guess even though Pluto is orbiting a planet it doesn’t matter if Ganymede and titan are orbiting a planet. free like soon they will say “oh Mercury isn’t a planet too”

That’s wrong, the closest planet to our solar system is Proxima b
(Dec. 23, 2020  6:48 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Found this:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYBhstQZcjJlDe3iS2G5K...w&usqp=CAU]

Simply put there’s no ninth planet in our solar system.
(Dec. 23, 2020  6:48 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2020  6:46 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: *pluto crying in a corner*

That’s wrong, the closest planet to our solar system is Proxima b
I know I’m saying Ganymede and Titan are a planet in size. But since they orbit a planet it’s a moon.

What I found last night:

Apparently a star called Betelgeuse is really close to supernova. It could go supernova at any moment and would be brighter than the moon at night and visible during day. Would like to see that through a telescope.
Anybody going to view the conjunction of Jupiter, Saturn and Mars?
I swear Im seeing things. A meteor landing?????
(Jan. 11, 2021  4:24 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: Anybody going to view the conjunction of Jupiter, Saturn and Mars?

What time is it?