Random Thoughts

Ominous Wrote:Try driving through snowy conditions.

NOT carp FUN

I love how living up north doesn't help your winter driving skills.
Thresher Wrote:

NOT carp FUN

Yeah, because being used to something means you're automatically amazing at it, negating its effects.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Thresher Wrote:

NOT carp FUN

Yeah, because being used to something means you're automatically amazing at it, negating its effects.

I'm just saying that being used to it and being new to it have little affect on driving skills.
Doubtful. I imagine people who are used to this climate are quite more adept at dealing with it.
I'm not referring to the skill involved anyway. -10 (retard)

Try being stuck in traffic for hours just to go a short distance. WASTE MY carp LIFE.
Not really.

They all freak the hell out because they use cheap-all season tires rather than winter ones.
I'm really depressed and I don't want to tell anyone I know about it.

I hate college. I feel like I'm wasting my time and my money on something I don't view as beneficial. I feel like I'm only doing it to satisfy other people and that violates pretty much every moral I have.

I'm broke because of college, which makes me resent it that much more.

I'm ashamed of the job I have and the fact that I can't afford to make the ends meet. My parents can't afford to help me and I don't qualify for financial aid because they make too much money.

I feel absolutely horrible because I've been lying to my Mom about how I'm doing in school. She thinks I'm pulling good grades when in reality I have low D's in everything except for English.

I'm supposed to start driving soon and I get reamed for it every day by my parents. "You're almost 19 and still don't drive" or "Grow the carp up and get your life in order". It never ends.

The thing is, I can't afford to pay for gas and insurance and all that other carp when I'm paying all of this money for college tuition every semester and books and I just feel like I'm stretched too thin.

I hate my major. I know its early and I can still change it but I have no idea what I'd change it to because I feel that I'm a one-trick pony. Writing is all I've got and these days I don't feel too confident in my work anymore.

I don't believe in what I'm doing anymore. I don't know what I'm living for these days. I wake up and go to school and work and for what? So I can get a job that I'll likely become bored with and go to it every day for the rest of my life? I have no one to talk to. I never see my friends. I'm always stuck at home behind this god damn computer screen. It's impossible to meet other people like myself (AKA GAY) when I live in the middle of no where and have no means of transporting myself.

I feel like I have no future. I can't have kids. I can't get married.

Every day I wake up thinking "What am I even living for? Why do I feel compelled to get up every morning? Why do I keep going?"

I feel like carp.

I cried writing this.

carp you if you laugh.
Don't have any advice really, you need to see your school's counsellor. Just wanted to let you know that I read it.
The thing is with college is it'll help you get a degree so you can get a better job later in life. I know how troubling financial problems are, but have you taken out loans to pay? And I don't think you should be forced to pay for them alone either.

And also, I don't know if this is the best advice, but I think you really need to get this out in the open with your parents. I'm not sure how they'd react since I don't know them, but just try it out if you haven't already.
Sure things can seem grim if you summarize everything that you dislike that's going on. It's only natural to focus in on the bad of many aspects of your life when one thing goes awry.

You need to look at the long-term first. Know what you want out of yourself FIRST AND FOREMOST, and then when you have that figured out, you plot a path to get there. Sometimes the path isn't ideal, and you have to make sacrifices. However if you truly want what's at the end of the finish line, then what happens in between doesn't seem all that bad (and it makes the final achievement even sweeter).
You don't need to start driving at all, because insurance is incredibly expensive if you're a male driver over here. Getting into a slight accident just bumps the rates up even more, so I'd advise on waiting. You've got enough to deal with anyways.

To help afford college, have you tried doing a work study? Or signing up for as many scholarships as you can? It's a lot of work, but if it's going to help you pay, then it's worth it. Taking out a student loan would also help a ton.

And it would also be in your best interest to start studying harder every day so you can pass your classes. You're paying so much money for them, it would be a waste to fail. Since you're unsure about your major, perhaps you could take some classes that aren't related to it but sound interesting. Broaden your horizons to see what you really want to do.

Sorry about your situation, and I hope things go better for you soon.
I think you just need to really ask yourself whether college is going to be worth it in the end for YOU - not anyone else, but you. You've forked out all this money for it, so it may be a good idea to just keep up with it and follow it through to the end. After all, getting qualifications, whatever subjects they are, is going to give you more of an edge when it comes to applying for a job. It will show that you've made a big effort both mentally AND financially.

About learning to drive: do you have to learn? Over here, you can start learning to drive at 17. So many of my friends were fascinated at the fact of being able to drive and because one person was learning how, the rest wanted to as well. However, none of them really NEED to know, they don't have jobs in London or need to be anywhere specific. It's not a necessity but it seems to be a 'cool' thing to do.

If you live really far away from college, work and friends, then maybe you'd have a bigger initiative to drive. It's way too expensive for me to even think about without asking for help from my nan and relatives, so you're not alone! Don't get yourself into a state about driving babe, just try and cool down and sort your thoughts out, one at a time. Start with college and try making a list of pros, cons and perhaps what you want to do with yourself after you've graduated. I find it really helps to get things down on paper - it's an alternative to talking about your problems, because you're still getting them out of your system without involving anyone else. Smile You may find it easier to talk to the school counsellor/advice team too.

Good luck with everything but don't forget we're all here for you.
My honest advice that already hasn't been given out: manage your money extremely well. I know you trade in a lot of games for credit, but you were talking to me how you wanted to/had plans to buy a Zune 80. If you can't afford college, then you can't afford a Zune 80 on the side man.

As for others said, yeah. Now that you're enrolled in college, I would stick with it. You aren't in a huge commitment yet (university or such), so you may choose to drop it after a year or so. Ultimately, do whatever and go wherever it makes you happy. Don't think you HAVE to go to college or HAVE to drive. It certainly helps in most cases, but in your predicament I don't think so.
Artie Wrote:My honest advice that already hasn't been given out: manage your money extremely well. I know you trade in a lot of games for credit, but you were talking to me how you wanted to/had plans to buy a Zune 80. If you can't afford college, then you can't afford a Zune 80 on the side man.

As for others said, yeah. Now that you're enrolled in college, I would stick with it. You aren't in a huge commitment yet (university or such), so you may choose to drop it after a year or so. Ultimately, do whatever and go wherever it makes you happy. Don't think you HAVE to go to college or HAVE to drive. It certainly helps in most cases, but in your predicament I don't think so.

I'm definitely not buying the Zune 80.

After using the firmware update on my current Zune I see no real reason to buy a new one, but even when I was planning on buying one I sure as hell wasn't going to pay $250 for one. I was planning on trading in some things (My DS crossed my mind), but that's beside the point.

I wrote a very lengthy letter to my mom today and I gave it to her. She read it and we talked and she's behind me 100%. My Dad isn't quite as supportive and I really did not expect him to be, but its nice to see that he's at least concerned enough to voice his opinion on the matter.

I'm going to see a counselor after class tomorrow to try and work something out. I know that in special cases they'll allow you to make small payments on tuition throughout the semester and I'm going to try my best to arrange something like this out because even if I saved every dime I made from now until December 11th (When tuition is due), I still wouldn't have enough money to pay for it. Then there's books on top of that.

I really don't want to drop out of college because I'm scared that I'll screw myself for the rest of my life if I do. As much as I hate it, I know that I need a degree in something to really get anywhere these days, which totally sucks carp.

At any rate, I'm very thankful for all of your words and advice. I don't really think you all know how helpful it is to just read them and know that someone really does care. Thanks to all of you. Smile
Don't trade stuff you may regret trading in the long run!. I've done that for countless number of stuff since I was just caught up with just wanting money in that moment.

But yeah, I'm glad to see this turn around in the end Smile
you can get married in canada (as much as i hate this country but still).

just do more things you enjoy, like me, i spend my any free time i get on 360 or ytmnd (lol carp off artie).

sorry you are going through such a hard time, but at least you haven't like, lost a leg or something horrible like that.
Man I really want to move out of my house. I can't do anything but sit on my carp all day and stare into the computer monitor or do homework. My dad won't let me get a job, I can't even work out without him bitching at me since he's doing uneeded construction to the house, and keeps nagging me to get my license even though he won't let me get a car. He says I spend to much despite only getting $100 a month only. Sorry if I need clothes and hygene products!

Then my step mom just complains about how messy I am when it's my sister's junk everywhere and she like cooks the same thing everyday (noodles, pig parts or either some whole chicken with the head). And if I get fast food she always says: "I work hard to cook this food and you don't even eat it?"
holy carp g, your family sounds carp crazy
When I lived with my parents I got $20 a month.
sam Wrote:just do more things you enjoy, like me, i spend my any free time i get on 360 or ytmnd (lol carp off artie).
I shouldn't be telling you what to do, but maybe it would be better to study or learn some kind of instrument instead of spending all of your free time on the computer or on video games.
SexyMichael Wrote:When I lived with my parents I got $20 a month.

I work and my mom makes me pay for everything. I'm basically getting the world's carp studio apartment for free and little else.
Damn........do I have it lucky. I used to get $20 a week when I was 9 just because I asked my dad. Of course I did whatever errands I could, but I was 9.

I still get spoiled Chocked. My parents act really weird sometimes, however. My dad gets pissed at my mom if he doesn't like the food that my mom cooks, and my dad also randomly gets pissed at me or my siblings even though we did nothing wrong.
Elmo Wrote:Damn........do I have it lucky. I used to get $20 a week when I was 9 just because I asked my dad. Of course I did whatever errands I could, but I was 9.

I still get spoiled Chocked. My parents act really weird sometimes, however. My dad gets pissed at my mom if he doesn't like the food that my mom cooks, and my dad also randomly gets pissed at me or my siblings even though we did nothing wrong.

i've never met a nice Vietnamese dad, no offense
My dad isn't nice, he just spoils his kids. He treats others like carp, unless he can get something from them. If he can take advantage of them, he "acts nice"