RULES REGARDING ILLEGAL MODIFICATION/CUSTOMIZATIONS

There has been a lot of discussion of illegally modified parts/illegal customization (eg. using two weight disks). Let's just make this clear: You can do whatever you want, but we are here to discuss BEYBLADE. One of the most fundamental rules of Beyblade is that you cannot modify parts. If you do this, you are no longer playing Beyblade. If you talk about this, you do so at your own risk, and you will probably be flamed for it.

We have occasionally entertained discussion of illegal parts before for purely theoretical reasoning. However, we do not discuss it in a competitive nature here. We don't care if you beat a Wolborg MS with an illegal Beyblade because it is meaningless.
Well, this doesn't seem like much of a rule, as much as it is a warning, that you can, and will be flamed for discussing Illegal Mods in a competitive manner.

So the new rule is, that you are allowed to flame people who defend illegal modifications on sight?
That's hardly new. Wink
Although I wish a little bit I'd been warned sooner (:-P), if this is the case I think I'll keep my modified parts to the My Creations sub-board, haha.
Hmm that's good but what's when a blade that you use most of time get destroyed a b it at the attack ring and get for exemple better beacause it makes harder attack or something else?
Is that then illegal because I can't do anything when it happend?

peace
red_eyes
red_eyes Wrote:Hmm that's good but what's when a blade that you use most of time get destroyed a b it at the attack ring and get for exemple better beacause it makes harder attack or something else?
Is that then illegal because I can't do anything when it happend?

peace
red_eyes
If it's too damaged, usually if broken, then it's illegal no matter how it happened. Also, in no way does it make the AR any better if that's what you meant before.
Hmm i don't know i only say this because every thing can happen.

Also if it to damaged it will be illegal okay...
I think he means that:

If you damage the attack ring enough (hypothetically) ridges or what-have-you could start to indent themselves on the ring and thus give it a bit more oomf on the attack. Similar to modding, but this is just unintentional.

I am probably in the minority here: But I am fascinated with what people can do with beyblades as far as modding goes. I think it's really interesting. I know it's illegal but I think if enough people actually did do it (just to battle with friends or for their own hobby, not for battling people who don't know they are modded) it could be an interesting subject to discuss.

If anything I think that the subject itself deserves at least a sticky, because no matter how hard we frown at it: it's a part of the game.
wow u made such a big deal about what i said its not like i battle with my ilegal beyblade
I think he was more talking about Marin, and their epic debate..
well im not gonna talk about it anymore x.x
I think what a lot of people aren't grasping here is that we're not actually condemning modifying beyblade parts as made by TakaraTomy or Hasbro. It can be a fun and creative way to spend you free time and experiment with spinning tops. The issue here is that it is not, by any extension of the term, 'beyblading', as it is explicitly stated that modification of parts is illegal in said game. To be beyblading, you must be playing by the rules set forth by the game, and modification of parts voids that stipulation. As this is a message board devoted to the game of beyblading, discussion of modified parts does not fall under the umbrella of our mission statement, and we would prefer that it be left off the forum categories devoted to beyblading.

A small concession, if Brad's up for it (I'm just staff, not the owner/creator), would be to make a thread in the general forums about spinning tops in general; Duncan spin tops, Spinjas, Cyclonians (ha ha ha), your own lathed and moulded customizable spinning tops, etc.
Maybe I'm not serious business enough, but I don't see the big deal in discussing how a modified blade would handle against another one/unmodified blade. I suppose you could argue that it's pointless discussion, as it's barred from official play, but still.

Now, bragging about winning with an illegal beyblade, that's stupid.

Also, an administrator encouraging flaming just sounds retarded no matter what the situation, Brad, sorry.
I guess that's where I fall too. Sure there is no point to discussing how a modified blade stands up against real blades...but at the same time: It can be a fun and entertaining discussion. It's not legal and it'll never happen in a "real tourney sanctioned" match..but since I think we're short on those things as it is..it shouldn't be a problem if for example: I want to tell you some mods I made and how it handled against good/bad blades.

As long as we're clearly saying: Hey you know what, this isn't a legal match and this isn't a barometer on my skill....why not have the discussions. I'm sure if they weren't frowned upon so harshly (allowing flaming is stupid regardless of why) people would be interested.
He's not encouraging it. He's warning that that's what will happen. It's an inevitability.
With a good staff, that shouldn't even be an inevitability. A good staff stops its members from doing stupid stuff like that, we have a good staff, it shouldn't happen or even be remotely endorsed..
jasonresno Wrote:I think he means that:

If you damage the attack ring enough (hypothetically) ridges or what-have-you could start to indent themselves on the ring and thus give it a bit more oomf on the attack. Similar to modding, but this is just unintentional.

I am probably in the minority here: But I am fascinated with what people can do with beyblades as far as modding goes. I think it's really interesting. I know it's illegal but I think if enough people actually did do it (just to battle with friends or for their own hobby, not for battling people who don't know they are modded) it could be an interesting subject to discuss.

If anything I think that the subject itself deserves at least a sticky, because no matter how hard we frown at it: it's a part of the game.

Hmm the thing is, if it was a manufacturing defect, apparently it's legal. I find that rather interesting. I have a black Dranzer MF core which is fixed shaft and not free spinning when it came out of the box.
That's pretty awesome. Where do you guys find these rules at/how do judges and everyone know that it is a defect and not a mod?
Generally it's quite obvious. You can tell if the plastic was originally that shape or re-shaped to fit.

Edit: I've decided to post this here.

If you like modifications, you should take a look at these.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y42vBw1hp_A

This was how local tournaments used to go. Perfect circle form beyblade with tuned and seasoned bearing core. It's constructed from

AR: Bound Defencer cut to accomodate support parts, with Cross Survivor (dranzer v2 support parts) filed smooth
WD: Wide Defence, filed to remove the bump
SG: Bearing core 2, two tuned bearings, with either Wolborg2 shaft or Wolborg shaft. The tip is cut flat for wolborg2 shaft.
BB: Dranzer S, cut to accomodate bearing core 2 and support parts
SP: Another set of cross survivor, filed smooth.

The perfect circle form gives perfect zombie type, except that the core is using a grip core (this is meant to be general purpose). It can be beaten with another similar one, but with a smoother tip and better bearings and such. However, as a general purpose tool, the grip version effectively removed ALL competition from the tournaments. There was no way to win tournements without using this or similar. The highest I've heard of was someone making his way to quarter-finals by carefully picking his opponents. Beyond that, all match-ups are supervised by the tournement organizers.

When I went for tournaments during this era, the older players would launch this into the center of the stadium to make sure the flat tip doesn't try to attack. Knock-out at the start of the battle is the only effective way to win this, and experienced players would grab the stadium center as soon as possible to prevent this. I stopped going after two tournaments because, essentially, there was no point going unless you intend to use something like this. You can easily see the difference in survival capability between these mods and an official beyblade.

I believe this video wasn't made by the older players. The usage style of this is totally different. You can see the players launching at the sides instead of the center. But you can still see the difference in the 3-way battle. I think the first battle is using a smooth core version rather than the usual grip version.

Thankfully, eventually, they banned this just before HMS era. Unfortunately, due to waning popularity, that basically meant that by the time it was banned, there were only a handful of tournements before the importer decided to stop holding official tournements anymore.

It's because of things like this that I cannot agree with modifications.

Besides this, I'm sure you've seen what happened on Japan's side. Locally, the rule was "as long as it used official parts it is allowed". But it doesn't say that you cannot modify the official parts to make it work in the way you want it to be. Initially, in Japan, the rule was that you could even CREATE your own parts. Soon, because of parents custom-making Beyblade for their kids, tournaments actually became dangerous for health. The term Beyblade actually had meaning.

If you want to discuss illegal modification, you shouldn't do so in the "Beyblade" section. Illegal modifications are a completely different game. The fun of beyblade comes from working within the rules. It was designed to be as balanced as possible- to prevent dominance of zombies, in the HMS era, better attack was introduced, and so on. I expect MFB to be better designed, too, to prevent this kind of monopoly.

Anyway, just in case you're wondering, "Team Armstrong" was set up locally to dominate tournaments. Locally, Beyblade has always been a game of "who has better parts". After the mod ban was removed, near the start of HMS era, I managed to do well because of importing WybernDJ and having good parts like the Metal Sharp core (as compared to flat, semiflat and sharp. Only one single player there, other than me had DragoonMS's grip flat). At this time, the playing field was still quite even because there were only five HMS beyblades released. Later in the season, they invested to import many Samurai Changer, RoundShell, Jiraiya, etc. long before these arrived locally, and continued to dominate tournaments again. Tournements stopped just after that, and it took a further few months for these beyblades to be imported. Up to now I still don't know the reason for the delay, although many people suspect foul play.
jasonresno Wrote:With a good staff, that shouldn't even be an inevitability. A good staff stops its members from doing stupid stuff like that, we have a good staff, it shouldn't happen or even be remotely endorsed..

We can't stop anything from happening. We can only discipline after something has occured.
@Composer of Requiems

That was very well written, and I think that would be a good addition to the wikia to show why illegal modifications are frowned upon.

Very nice read.
ufo blades are powerful but theres a way to beat them
I hear Waterfall works...
darkbladerx200 Wrote:ufo blades are powerful but theres a way to beat them

Which I have mentioned before.

Hmm where are you from?