Q&A with the VAs of Zeo & Toby

Extremely sorry I've been so absent, all. The main reason is this particular game project I've recently finished up with. It's definitely worth checking out for anyone who owns an Xbox 360, and its goes on sale in a few hours on Xbox Live Arcade. (Sorry, no PS3, Wii or PC version is planned.)

*I* don't voice any characters in it, but I cast and directed all 40 of its actors. The game was entirely drawn and programmed by an incredibly talented fellow named Dean Dodrill.

SEE THE TRAILER HERE

With that out of the way, I'm hoping to be around here a little more as of late.
Welcome back, and congratz to you! Grin

The visuals and art style in that game look absolutely stunning. Nice Smile

Toby_Faust: You know Vic M (well at least kind of)? Not to get all geeky on you, but that is kind of cool Grin What is he like?
(Aug. 15, 2012  4:41 AM)Zeo Mac Wrote: Extremely sorry I've been so absent, all. The main reason is this particular game project I've recently finished up with. It's definitely worth checking out for anyone who owns an Xbox 360, and its goes on sale in a few hours on Xbox Live Arcade. (Sorry, no PS3, Wii or PC version is planned.)

*I* don't voice any characters in it, but I cast and directed all 40 of its actors. The game was entirely drawn and programmed by an incredibly talented fellow named Dean Dodrill.

SEE THE TRAILER HERE

With that out of the way, I'm hoping to be around here a little more as of late.

Hi welcome back Mac! Hope you have had fun with this project and other stuff throughout this year.

I have to say I like the look of the game, nice mix of fantasy and gritty and from the acting I heard in the trailer you have done good at casting and directing. Dean is very talented to draw and programme a game like that.
MAC! I MISSED YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! I must say something to you, now that the metal masters series is finished and it's playing reruns until the metal fury series goes on air. YOUSE CHARACTER. IS. AWESOME!!!

TOBEH!!! YOU! ARE! AWESOME!!!

q. for mac: How was it to do the bossing around Eee

q. for toby_faust: have you ever heard about minecraft?
WOO! It's been WAY too long since I was here. I'm back, baby!

(Aug. 01, 2012  6:13 PM)Killer-Kirsty Wrote: I could try and wait for the episodes come on DVD and they have stopped showing Beyblade again on Nicktoons which I am not happy about. I could try those "other means" sometime when I get time with her.

It will be the games I get her into next I have a feeling Tails will be her fave though. Oh yes it was a good thing I fetched Tempo...it could have fallen into the wrong hands or Faust would have unleashed his wrath seeing Tempo neglected.

I will try Byxis vs. Tempo again just to make sure, sometimes for fun I call out "Toby!" sort of like Masamune and then my companion replies Faust-style (he does do a decent impression of Faust).

I can see Faust pretty much thrashing anyone at bowling but Toby would be a better sport to be honest.

Great words of advice and you show what you mean also.

Oh I dare say that Masamune and Zeo would give a little more than hugs maybe...

Faust would have no choice there, he cannot destroy the one who basically brings him to life so this means you have the power to stop Faust? Awesome!

I can well believe that Faust would be happy with Toby having tortured mind, he would think "Hmm I have keft my mark". I guess maybe Faust could become a spirit guide and rating Toby's Beys until he gets the right one.

And get Zeo and Masamune into VAing too? I can see all three of them (with Toby as the heart of the trio) taking over the Dungeon Gym, getting better bladers for the next generation and making "Aim For Number One!" the official gym slogan. Too much teasing? You mean for Toby or Zeo and Masamune?

You are welcome and thanks again for the comments and awesome answers and here is another question.

How would Toby explain his post-Faust appearance (height change, vocal evolution, hair colour and length change) to his living relatives?

The DVDs will come out eventually, I'm sure (if they haven't already… I'm not told these things.)

Tails is a pretty awesome character. I always liked Sonic the most followed by Shadow and then Knuckles.
Yes! What if Faust unleashed the spiral dimension!? That would have been terrifying!

Well, who one the battle!? I hope Tempo!
And awesome that your companion does a good impression of Faust. I like hearing that.

Toby would be a MUCH better sport at bowling. Faust might get annoyed and try to destroy the bowling alley.

Well, I'm glad you like the advice. As Bernard Baruch (often misattributed to Theodor Seuss Geisel) said, "Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter."

Oh, while I'm sure you're right that there would be a LOT more than hugs… let's not go there. *Coughing fit*

Bwahahah, Faust defeated by a voice actor. Huzzah!

That would be interesting, if Faust could spirit guide Toby. I just wish he had a better Bey… it's upsetting.

Yeah, they probably would take over the gym. New generation, better, stronger, faster, AIM FOR NUMBER ONE!
I mean teasing for all three of them. That personal life has got to be pretty darn strange. Heh.

I always love the questions!

Well, considering I think his entire family now consists of just his sister, and she knows about it, I think that answers that. But to explain about other friends or something like that.
I think he would just be truthful. About how he almost died, about how he had a experimental treatment, and how he's still dealing with the trauma of everything.
I see Toby as a very honest and forthright person.

Thanks again for the questions, comments, and conversation. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

(Aug. 02, 2012  2:37 PM)SilverButterfly Wrote: O.o okay I'm not sure on how to reply XD stupid contraption....yeah so I'll just do this...
I have another question....you think Toby deserves a bigger part on metal fury? I do, he deserves more than that! XD

I wish he did have a bigger part, it's unfortunate that he doesn't, but that's how it goes. Oh well. Smile

(Aug. 12, 2012  2:29 AM)BEYBLADEISLIFE Wrote: I have a question. Who is Jack's voice actor? I've never been able to find that out. By the way you guys are amazing voice actors!! Zeo and Toby are such awesome characters and I'm so happy you two decided to answer questions from fans! Thanks again! =D

Ask questions any time. Thank you for the compliments.
Unfortunately, as I mentioned before, I'm not sure who the voice actors are. We rarely meet each other.

(Aug. 15, 2012  5:48 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Welcome back, and congratz to you! Grin

The visuals and art style in that game look absolutely stunning. Nice Smile

Toby_Faust: You know Vic M (well at least kind of)? Not to get all geeky on you, but that is kind of cool Grin What is he like?

Vic Mignogna? I do know him, though like I said, it's been a few years. He's a nice guy. Lots of energy and playful.

(Aug. 19, 2012  3:03 AM)Karl Wrote: MAC! I MISSED YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! I must say something to you, now that the metal masters series is finished and it's playing reruns until the metal fury series goes on air. YOUSE CHARACTER. IS. AWESOME!!!

TOBEH!!! YOU! ARE! AWESOME!!!

q. for mac: How was it to do the bossing around Eee

q. for toby_faust: have you ever heard about minecraft?

Well, thank you very much, I like being awesome.
Yes, I do know of Minecraft, I have a few friends who play it, I just don't have the time.
Do you like it?

Thanks for the questions and comments everyone.
This weekend, for you Toronto people, Mac and I will be attending Unplugged Expo, which is at the Primrose Hotel. Come see us!
We have a panel on Saturday at 3 pm with Christian Potenza and John Stocker, and one on Sunday at 10 am with the same people. It should a lot of fun.

We will be making a small video to send to you guys.
All the best everyone!

Keep the questions coming.
Hi you!!! I have something to say to both Mr. Mac and Mr. Benjamin: You guys sounded awesome in the Destroyer Dome special! I know it was just episode 15-17 of Metal Fury, blah, blah, blah, but it's been so long since we heard you two. *sniffles* I missed Zeo and Toby! *wails*

*cough* Anyway, I would like to say to Mr. Mac, since you haven't been here lately, I really appreciate your voice acting. I feel that Team StarBreaker was really given the best VAs out of all of the characters in Metal Fight. Zeo is one of my favorite characters, along with Toby, Damian, and Benkei. I can relate to them a lot. XD How does it feel to voice a character that was once overcome by jealousy? Did your throat hurt when you had to scream?

Uhh, is it me, or did Toby seem to be mocking Masamune in episode 14, Rebirth Team Dungeon? I dunno, maybe it was just me. Chocked_2

SilverButterfly - Aww, don't be shy, Silver. Mr. Benjamin is really nice!
(Sep. 20, 2012  4:57 PM)Toby_Faust Wrote: WOO! It's been WAY too long since I was here. I'm back, baby!

The DVDs will come out eventually, I'm sure (if they haven't already… I'm not told these things.)

Tails is a pretty awesome character. I always liked Sonic the most followed by Shadow and then Knuckles.
Yes! What if Faust unleashed the spiral dimension!? That would have been terrifying!

Well, who one the battle!? I hope Tempo!
And awesome that your companion does a good impression of Faust. I like hearing that.

Toby would be a MUCH better sport at bowling. Faust might get annoyed and try to destroy the bowling alley.

Well, I'm glad you like the advice. As Bernard Baruch (often misattributed to Theodor Seuss Geisel) said, "Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter."

Oh, while I'm sure you're right that there would be a LOT more than hugs… let's not go there. *Coughing fit*

Bwahahah, Faust defeated by a voice actor. Huzzah!

That would be interesting, if Faust could spirit guide Toby. I just wish he had a better Bey… it's upsetting.

Yeah, they probably would take over the gym. New generation, better, stronger, faster, AIM FOR NUMBER ONE!
I mean teasing for all three of them. That personal life has got to be pretty darn strange. Heh.

I always love the questions!

Well, considering I think his entire family now consists of just his sister, and she knows about it, I think that answers that. But to explain about other friends or something like that.
I think he would just be truthful. About how he almost died, about how he had a experimental treatment, and how he's still dealing with the trauma of everything.
I see Toby as a very honest and forthright person.

Thanks again for the questions, comments, and conversation. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

Thanks for the questions and comments everyone.
This weekend, for you Toronto people, Mac and I will be attending Unplugged Expo, which is at the Primrose Hotel. Come see us!
We have a panel on Saturday at 3 pm with Christian Potenza and John Stocker, and one on Sunday at 10 am with the same people. It should a lot of fun.

We will be making a small video to send to you guys.
All the best everyone!

Keep the questions coming.

Welcome back Benji! Summer has gone but the Autumn/Fall (my fave season) is setting in!

I go to DVD/music shops sometimes so I will keep a lookout.

Sonic and Tails (even though annoying when CPU'd on special stages) are my faves with Shadow a second, then Amy and then everyone else.

Goodness it would be, then seeing as you are his VA you may have to stop him unless you decide to join forces with him in which case we would be carped.

You will be pleased to hear that Tempo won (long time since the battle but I do remember it). We tried Tempo vs. some of the original beys and Tempo triumphed over those too.

His Faust is better than my Masamune (I can do the inflection but not the pitch), I will pass your comments to him.

Faust is never gonna live his destructive tendencies down is he? Faust destroying a bowling alley is a very amusing image so thanks.

Wow another excellent quote to keep in mind, the wisdom that comes from writers is quite fascinating and yet so true.

Hmmmmm yeah after all Beyblade is a family-show *Cheshire Cat grin*

Faust would not be pleased I wouldn't have thought at being defeated by a VA but alas he has no choice.

Faust guiding Toby would be very interesting I can see Faust delivering sarcastic and bitter comments. Maybe he will get a better Bey...someday.

And the Dungeon Gym would be more successful for it and maybe even spawn a new Dungeon Trio. It would be strange (then again when one thinks of it it is strange personal life for all Beybladers) I can see them sharing a flat/apartment decorated by Jack who is now a professional artist/interior designer and pretty much doing everything together and would probably have an innocent kid ask them questions...oh and the fact that poor Toby is already grey before hitting 18 even.

Toby would tell the truth and might get a few funny looks of those he tells and those who will think that he is strong for getting through all that. I agree Toby is very kind and friendly but he will say it as it is which makes him the perfect medium of Zeo and Masamune.

You are welcome and don't worry life happens I myself am back at college once a week for a personal/social development course (kitchen craft) and a step closer to my dream.

Thanks for answering/comments/conversation

That is a great line up for a VA panel I have to say it will be sort of old Beyblade meeting new Beyblade as John Stocker was the original series' voice director and did some additional voices (including the father of one of the mains) and Christian Potenza (Jude from 6teen and Chris from Total Drama series) of course is the leader of the Animation Nation Army and has showed some of the inner workings of the VA industry.

I really want to go but I hope those who go and you guys alll have fun. Let us know how it goes I will keep my eye out for anything from the con online.

A question for you both is what have you been up to since wrapping up Metal Fury?

[Huge quote removed.]
another question, do you read fanfiction? cause i was planning to make a story for Toby with him having a bigger part in metal fury ^u^ wanna see?
(Sep. 20, 2012  9:56 PM)Duck of Hades Wrote: Hi you!!! I have something to say to both Mr. Mac and Mr. Benjamin: You guys sounded awesome in the Destroyer Dome special! I know it was just episode 15-17 of Metal Fury, blah, blah, blah, but it's been so long since we heard you two. *sniffles* I missed Zeo and Toby! *wails*

*cough* Anyway, I would like to say to Mr. Mac, since you haven't been here lately, I really appreciate your voice acting. I feel that Team StarBreaker was really given the best VAs out of all of the characters in Metal Fight. Zeo is one of my favorite characters, along with Toby, Damian, and Benkei. I can relate to them a lot. XD How does it feel to voice a character that was once overcome by jealousy? Did your throat hurt when you had to scream?

Uhh, is it me, or did Toby seem to be mocking Masamune in episode 14, Rebirth Team Dungeon? I dunno, maybe it was just me. Chocked_2

SilverButterfly - Aww, don't be shy, Silver. Mr. Benjamin is really nice!

I'm REALLY glad you liked the Destroyer Dome special. I absolutely LOVED recording those episodes. The new Toby voice was my favourite one.
I also miss Toby and Zeo, I think people should sign a petition to get us a spin off. Heheh.

About the mocking of Masamune, it's very possible. I don't remember the moment so if you could specify a little I can indulge you and perhaps let you know that I WAS mocking him… or not. Heh.

(Sep. 21, 2012  9:15 PM)Killer-Kirsty Wrote: Welcome back Benji! Summer has gone but the Autumn/Fall (my fave season) is setting in!

I go to DVD/music shops sometimes so I will keep a lookout.

Sonic and Tails (even though annoying when CPU'd on special stages) are my faves with Shadow a second, then Amy and then everyone else.

Goodness it would be, then seeing as you are his VA you may have to stop him unless you decide to join forces with him in which case we would be carped.

You will be pleased to hear that Tempo won (long time since the battle but I do remember it). We tried Tempo vs. some of the original beys and Tempo triumphed over those too.

His Faust is better than my Masamune (I can do the inflection but not the pitch), I will pass your comments to him.

Faust is never gonna live his destructive tendencies down is he? Faust destroying a bowling alley is a very amusing image so thanks.

Wow another excellent quote to keep in mind, the wisdom that comes from writers is quite fascinating and yet so true.

Hmmmmm yeah after all Beyblade is a family-show *Cheshire Cat grin*

Faust would not be pleased I wouldn't have thought at being defeated by a VA but alas he has no choice.

Faust guiding Toby would be very interesting I can see Faust delivering sarcastic and bitter comments. Maybe he will get a better Bey...someday.

And the Dungeon Gym would be more successful for it and maybe even spawn a new Dungeon Trio. It would be strange (then again when one thinks of it it is strange personal life for all Beybladers) I can see them sharing a flat/apartment decorated by Jack who is now a professional artist/interior designer and pretty much doing everything together and would probably have an innocent kid ask them questions...oh and the fact that poor Toby is already grey before hitting 18 even.

Toby would tell the truth and might get a few funny looks of those he tells and those who will think that he is strong for getting through all that. I agree Toby is very kind and friendly but he will say it as it is which makes him the perfect medium of Zeo and Masamune.

You are welcome and don't worry life happens I myself am back at college once a week for a personal/social development course (kitchen craft) and a step closer to my dream.

Thanks for answering/comments/conversation

That is a great line up for a VA panel I have to say it will be sort of old Beyblade meeting new Beyblade as John Stocker was the original series' voice director and did some additional voices (including the father of one of the mains) and Christian Potenza (Jude from 6teen and Chris from Total Drama series) of course is the leader of the Animation Nation Army and has showed some of the inner workings of the VA industry.

I really want to go but I hope those who go and you guys alll have fun. Let us know how it goes I will keep my eye out for anything from the con online.

A question for you both is what have you been up to since wrapping up Metal Fury?

How are you enjoying the autumn? It's barely here in Toronto, we have a few chilly days, but it goes back to warm too quickly. Though the leaves have changed, and that's one of my favourite things.

The episodes from Metal Masters are available on the US iTunes store, though I'm not sure if they are in any other one.

Amy is just super cute in the Sonic series, she always amused me.

I would never join forces with an evil voice… EVEN one that I created. I'm too nice for that. So no fears! I shall keep the world safe from Faust!

Ooh, Tempo should ALWAYS win! I love that bey!

I'd like to hear his Faust some time. That's great.
If you keep working on it, I'm sure you can hit the Masamune voice (or if not you can sound JUST as good with your own style)

No, Faust will ALWAYS like to destroy things. If he went to get a car wash and he didn't roll up the windows all the way and he got a little wet… KABOOM!

Yes yes… faaaaaamily show…. NEVER anything provocative going on with these three… NOOOOOO way.

I hope someone makes a Toby special or something online, I'd voice it, just so long as Toby's new Bey KICKED butt!

Hahah, oh they so would share an apartment, and Jack would be a regular guest in the apartment he designed. And innocent questions are okay, it's the lascivious ones that are worrisome. Toby likes that his hair is grey, it's distinguished. Plus it reminds him of his journey, one that he would never change.

The way you described Toby is pretty much how I see him, and one of the reasons I like him so much. Kind considerate but VERY candid and blunt.

How is the college course going? What do you mean by kitchen craft? That sounds very exciting! Fill me in on it!

Always a pleasure talking to you and answering questions.

The panel was a lot of fun. John was GREAT.
Christian wasn't able to attend, which is unfortunate, but hopefully I'll see him next time.
It was great, and there should be a video of each of us being individually interviewed coming out at some point.

Well, I've been focussing a lot on my own work. I've stepped back from voice acting a little bit because I need to focus on some other things. I'm sure I'll head back to it at one point or another.
I've also been coaching other voice actors and helping them with their craft. I do that with Mac sometimes, which is always interesting because we have very different styles but both finish with good results.

Thanks again! Love the questions!

(Sep. 28, 2012  2:31 PM)SilverButterfly Wrote: [Huge quote removed.]
another question, do you read fanfiction? cause i was planning to make a story for Toby with him having a bigger part in metal fury ^u^ wanna see?

I haven't really ever read any with my characters, but PLEASE feel free to send some my way! I'd love to read it when I have the time. You can contact me through my website or through Facebook.

Thanks for the questions again, everyone. I'm sorry that I've been a little off to the wayside lately. The video at the convention didn't come out but we will record one soon.
I actually feel terrible that I haven't posted it yet.
Keep the questions and comments coming, and I hope you guys are enjoying Metal Fury.
All the best everyone!
A spin off for Toby and Zeo? Heck yes!

Hmm, well, I remember in episode 14 of Metal Fury/Metal Fight 4D, Masamune drew some weird drawing of himself and Striker, then forgot to take it with him and Coach Steel saw it. Coach started yelling at him, and it seemed like for the rest of the episode, Toby and Zeo were (somewhat rudely) nagging him about it. Since it was Japanese, it may have just been me, but yeah. Wink

I miss Faust's long hair. Why did Toby have to cut it? I miss Tempo, too. He deserves a better Bey than Spiral Lyra. Crying
Everybody deserves a better bey than Spiral Lyra, Duck, everybody.
(Oct. 21, 2012  3:41 PM)Toby_Faust Wrote: How are you enjoying the autumn? It's barely here in Toronto, we have a few chilly days, but it goes back to warm too quickly. Though the leaves have changed, and that's one of my favourite things.

The episodes from Metal Masters are available on the US iTunes store, though I'm not sure if they are in any other one.

Amy is just super cute in the Sonic series, she always amused me.

I would never join forces with an evil voice… EVEN one that I created. I'm too nice for that. So no fears! I shall keep the world safe from Faust!

Ooh, Tempo should ALWAYS win! I love that bey!

I'd like to hear his Faust some time. That's great.
If you keep working on it, I'm sure you can hit the Masamune voice (or if not you can sound JUST as good with your own style)

No, Faust will ALWAYS like to destroy things. If he went to get a car wash and he didn't roll up the windows all the way and he got a little wet… KABOOM!

Yes yes… faaaaaamily show…. NEVER anything provocative going on with these three… NOOOOOO way.

I hope someone makes a Toby special or something online, I'd voice it, just so long as Toby's new Bey KICKED butt!

Hahah, oh they so would share an apartment, and Jack would be a regular guest in the apartment he designed. And innocent questions are okay, it's the lascivious ones that are worrisome. Toby likes that his hair is grey, it's distinguished. Plus it reminds him of his journey, one that he would never change.

The way you described Toby is pretty much how I see him, and one of the reasons I like him so much. Kind considerate but VERY candid and blunt.

How is the college course going? What do you mean by kitchen craft? That sounds very exciting! Fill me in on it!

Always a pleasure talking to you and answering questions.

The panel was a lot of fun. John was GREAT.
Christian wasn't able to attend, which is unfortunate, but hopefully I'll see him next time.
It was great, and there should be a video of each of us being individually interviewed coming out at some point.

Well, I've been focussing a lot on my own work. I've stepped back from voice acting a little bit because I need to focus on some other things. I'm sure I'll head back to it at one point or another.
I've also been coaching other voice actors and helping them with their craft. I do that with Mac sometimes, which is always interesting because we have very different styles but both finish with good results.

Thanks again! Love the questions!

Thanks for the questions again, everyone. I'm sorry that I've been a little off to the wayside lately. The video at the convention didn't come out but we will record one soon.
I actually feel terrible that I haven't posted it yet.
Keep the questions and comments coming, and I hope you guys are enjoying Metal Fury.
All the best everyone!

I am enjoying through regular walks and outings, watching my companion's football/soccer matches and preparing for Halloween by getting my costume for my club's disco and reading a supernatural book (Barnaby Grimes: Curse of the Night Wolf) enriching my imagination. Weather is colder (but like in TO it did switch a little in September) and the leaves are changing colour and falling. Aaand I have already started my Xmas shopping doing it bit by bit before December sets in.

Woah that is pretty awesome! I don't have an iPod anything as they always seem to break with me.

Yeah Amy is pretty cool I do love to play as her. (Girl Power!)

And the world breathes a sigh of relief for the creator shall not allow his creation to wreak devastation.

I'll ask him sometime.
I'll give it shot and practice when I have time and hopefully it will be decent.

You make Faust sound like Katie KaBoom of Animaniacs fame, actually it is a great idea for a few one-shots. Giving Faust a spin off all for himself where he tries and fails to get to grips with life (separated fromToby) and then wants to destroy whatever gets in his way.

Nope just some wholesome brotherhood...

I think alot of stuff will be made but with a better Bey than Lyra for Toby (it seems everyone thinks that Lyra sucks). Pretty awesome that you would do a voice for it if it was made.

Yes I can see Jack dropping in anytime he likes for a drink and a chat, I can see him bugging them a bit. Innocent questions would easily worked out and Zeo would probably tell anyone who asked them a less innocent one to "Mind their own business!" I can see Toby posing in a distinguished way just to wind Zeo and Masamune up. True and it is like I said in a very earlier post the hair is like a scar showing he is a survivor.

I do think it is a big part Toby's appeal and to a degree the Dungeon Team dynamic.

Right so kitchen craft is cooking but is also about developing ourselves socially (our current module is problem solving) it is part of a series of course options called PSD (Personal and Social Development) for adults with various learning difficulties/disabilities. I am settling in nicely and have made so far scones and apple pie. I am mixing with others of different ages/backgrounds/difficulties (I find it hard to mix with others at times) and I am enjoying the course. You see I want to work in a cafe someday, but there are things I need to get to grips with first I am working at them though.

Thanks it is a pleasure to be talking to you and asking you questions also!

I had been trying to find stuff on the panel but I haven't found any yet (I did find one from the previous con though). I am glad it was fun a shame Christian couldn't make it (must have been serious he never usually misses a con), I will when I get the chance look out for your interviews and listen to them.

It is nice to take break to focus on your own and other things do you mind if I ask what stuff are you working on? If you are not allowed to say that is OK Smile

Hey now that is cool even more awesome you do it with Mac sometimes now if Cameron were to join you it would be almost adult!Dungeon Trio come true. What are the differences between your styles?

You are welcome and thanks for answering and talking.

I feel terrible that I haven't finished off Metal Masters yet! I have been reallly busy myself recently...
(Oct. 21, 2012  8:28 PM)Akio314 Wrote: Everybody deserves a better bey than Spiral Lyra, Duck, everybody.

Yes, but Toby especially. He made it through so much. Crying

Why do you always stalk my posts, anyway? Libruhhh
(Oct. 23, 2012  8:30 AM)Duck of Hades Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2012  8:28 PM)Akio314 Wrote: Everybody deserves a better bey than Spiral Lyra, Duck, everybody.

Yes, but Toby especially. He made it through so much. Crying

Twisted Tempo may be really powerful, but Ziggurat rigged it, using the arrangement.
I personally like Lyre, other then its Eternal Defense 14.5 track.
Anyways, not sure if this question has been asked, but its for Mac and Ben:
If you could change anything about your character, what would you change?
Wait a minute... I thought both Lyre and Fox had a TR145 track... Anyways, Mac and Ben, do you enjoy your job? Wait, that was weird. I mean, do you like that Toby and Zeo got picked for you? Who else would you like to play, and if so, why?
I don't have a Question, but I kinda felt like showing you two pictures I drew some time ago.
They aren't very good, but if you want or not, here you go |D -->
Hey Everyone,
Adam here, with just an FYI.
Ben (Toby_Faust) has been really sick, he was hospitalized a few days ago, but now he's back home and on the mend.
He wanted me to tell you that he'll be back in action with responses to all of you shortly, and the video he promised will be made as soon as he's back in good health.
This is awesome! Actually typing to VA's!
Q: What is your favorite moment on set?
(Oct. 21, 2012  6:14 PM)Duck Wrote: A spin off for Toby and Zeo? Heck yes!

Hmm, well, I remember in episode 14 of Metal Fury/Metal Fight 4D, Masamune drew some weird drawing of himself and Striker, then forgot to take it with him and Coach Steel saw it. Coach started yelling at him, and it seemed like for the rest of the episode, Toby and Zeo were (somewhat rudely) nagging him about it. Since it was Japanese, it may have just been me, but yeah. Wink

I miss Faust's long hair. Why did Toby have to cut it? I miss Tempo, too. He deserves a better Bey than Spiral Lyra. Crying

Well, in the English one, I don't think we teased him about it. That does sound funny though.

Faust did look great with long hair, but I think the cutting of the hair was to return himself to his old form. His hair now looks exactly as it did when he was young Toby, just a different colour.

Oh Tempo… what a great Bey… Spiral Lyra makes me sad.

It's not THAT bad…. okay, yes it is….

(Oct. 22, 2012  10:33 PM)Killer-Kirsty Wrote: I am enjoying through regular walks and outings, watching my companion's football/soccer matches and preparing for Halloween by getting my costume for my club's disco and reading a supernatural book (Barnaby Grimes: Curse of the Night Wolf) enriching my imagination. Weather is colder (but like in TO it did switch a little in September) and the leaves are changing colour and falling. Aaand I have already started my Xmas shopping doing it bit by bit before December sets in.

Woah that is pretty awesome! I don't have an iPod anything as they always seem to break with me.

Yeah Amy is pretty cool I do love to play as her. (Girl Power!)

And the world breathes a sigh of relief for the creator shall not allow his creation to wreak devastation.

I'll ask him sometime.
I'll give it shot and practice when I have time and hopefully it will be decent.

You make Faust sound like Katie KaBoom of Animaniacs fame, actually it is a great idea for a few one-shots. Giving Faust a spin off all for himself where he tries and fails to get to grips with life (separated fromToby) and then wants to destroy whatever gets in his way.

Nope just some wholesome brotherhood...

I think alot of stuff will be made but with a better Bey than Lyra for Toby (it seems everyone thinks that Lyra sucks). Pretty awesome that you would do a voice for it if it was made.

Yes I can see Jack dropping in anytime he likes for a drink and a chat, I can see him bugging them a bit. Innocent questions would easily worked out and Zeo would probably tell anyone who asked them a less innocent one to "Mind their own business!" I can see Toby posing in a distinguished way just to wind Zeo and Masamune up. True and it is like I said in a very earlier post the hair is like a scar showing he is a survivor.

I do think it is a big part Toby's appeal and to a degree the Dungeon Team dynamic.

Right so kitchen craft is cooking but is also about developing ourselves socially (our current module is problem solving) it is part of a series of course options called PSD (Personal and Social Development) for adults with various learning difficulties/disabilities. I am settling in nicely and have made so far scones and apple pie. I am mixing with others of different ages/backgrounds/difficulties (I find it hard to mix with others at times) and I am enjoying the course. You see I want to work in a cafe someday, but there are things I need to get to grips with first I am working at them though.

Thanks it is a pleasure to be talking to you and asking you questions also!

I had been trying to find stuff on the panel but I haven't found any yet (I did find one from the previous con though). I am glad it was fun a shame Christian couldn't make it (must have been serious he never usually misses a con), I will when I get the chance look out for your interviews and listen to them.

It is nice to take break to focus on your own and other things do you mind if I ask what stuff are you working on? If you are not allowed to say that is OK Smile

Hey now that is cool even more awesome you do it with Mac sometimes now if Cameron were to join you it would be almost adult!Dungeon Trio come true. What are the differences between your styles?

You are welcome and thanks for answering and talking.

I feel terrible that I haven't finished off Metal Masters yet! I have been reallly busy myself recently...

Hey, hope autumn was fun. How were the football matches? What did you wear for Halloween? Doing the holiday shopping early is smart! I should probably do that.

GIIIIIIRL POWER! HUZZAH!

Well, I hope he records it for me, and I'm sure yours sounds just fine.

Oh I did love Katie Ka-Boom… what a fun set of shorts. Faust KaBoom sounds like fun.

Calling it "brotherhood" just makes it that much more lascivious sounding.

Yeah, Lyra was disappointing. I feel like Zeo and Toby went from being really good as kids, to super powered as villains and then just garbage when they became good guys again.
I'd love to voice that stuff. If someone makes Faust KaBoom, I'll voice that too.

Heheh, oh that image with Jack visiting the apartment is just delicious. I am very amused! *Clears throat* But let's keep this clean.

Well, I'm glad you're having fun in Kitchen Craft! And good for you for working with PSD. That's fantastic, and the only way to get past difficulties is to work on them. You can do anything you desire, keep it up!

I haven't had a chance to see the interview yet either. I hope it was alright… I don't really remember it anymore.
I'm sure there will be more conventions and more panels to be had. Eventually stuff will get out online.

The projects on which I've been working are a little on the hush hush side. However, I can say that I've started writing again, and there should be a new youtube channel opening up in a little bit.

Well, maybe Cameron will come hang out sometime. The truth is, since I became ill a few months ago, Mac and I haven't really hung out much either. Hopefully that will change again.

Well, Mac focuses more on cartoon readings while I focus more on commercial readings. We both have very good ears for our respective side of the industry. Our styles mainly differ in how we want the line delivered. As well, in cartoons it's more about the expression and feeling behind the line, while in commercials it's more about timing and getting the lines out with the correct emphasis to sell a product. While these two things can cross paths and sometimes both can go the other way, it's just a little bit of a different take.

Thanks for the questions and comments as always! Always looking forward to more. :-)

You have time to watch Metal Masters, no hurry. Draw it out, so you can enjoy it more.

(Oct. 23, 2012  8:30 AM)Duck Wrote: Yes, but Toby especially. He made it through so much. Crying

Yes, I DID make it through so much! WHY DID I GET STUCK WITH LYRA!? I'm convinced that it was just a ploy… Toby had a really good Bey on the side that he used to… to… to… DO SOMETHING!

(Nov. 02, 2012  1:48 AM)DrigerKai Wrote: Twisted Tempo may be really powerful, but Ziggurat rigged it, using the arrangement.
I personally like Lyre, other then its Eternal Defense 14.5 track.
Anyways, not sure if this question has been asked, but its for Mac and Ben:
If you could change anything about your character, what would you change?

The only thing I would change about my character is how he was in the second season. He and Zeo became a little too interchangeable. Not enough personal story or growth. Beyond that, I love the characters!

(Nov. 02, 2012  2:44 PM)BladerPegasis Wrote: Wait a minute... I thought both Lyre and Fox had a TR145 track... Anyways, Mac and Ben, do you enjoy your job? Wait, that was weird. I mean, do you like that Toby and Zeo got picked for you? Who else would you like to play, and if so, why?

Well, they weren't picked for us. We went through a very involved audition process. I tried out for a few characters. You can read a little more in some of my previous answers.

I'd love to play lots of characters, but that doesn't always happen. I did get to be a bunch of background characters on Beyblade too, just little side voices here and there. See if you can pick them out.

To answer your first question, I LOVE my job.

(Nov. 03, 2012  2:38 PM)Ice-Leopard Wrote: I don't have a Question, but I kinda felt like showing you two pictures I drew some time ago.
They aren't very good, but if you want or not, here you go |D -->

Don't be silly, they ARE good. Chibi toby is cute, and I LOVE the buddy buddy feel of the second one! Good job!

(Nov. 15, 2012  6:51 PM)AlphaTechy Wrote: Hey Everyone,
Adam here, with just an FYI.
Ben (Toby_Faust) has been really sick, he was hospitalized a few days ago, but now he's back home and on the mend.
He wanted me to tell you that he'll be back in action with responses to all of you shortly, and the video he promised will be made as soon as he's back in good health.

Thanks Adam.

(Nov. 17, 2012  8:04 PM)Van-Da-Lizer Wrote: This is awesome! Actually typing to VA's!

For Beyblade that's easy.
While recording the very last episode of Metal Fury one of my final lines to record was Toby screaming, "GINGKA".
Instead of screaming that I yelled "ROOOOOOOOB" (Gingka's voice actor's name).
Good question.

Hey everyone, I'm not exactly back 100%. Sorry for my extended delays in responses. As you may have seen from Adam's post, I was extremely ill. I'm not at full strength yet, far from it, but I'm slowly getting there.

Thank you all for the questions, and keep them coming. All the best everyone!

Oh, and that video WILL be made… it just might take a little bit longer.
I really hope you feel better soon! It seems like everyone's getting sick this time of year!

I'm still waiting for episode five of Metal Fury to air here in America. :\ Toby and Zeo don't even show up until, like, episode thirteen. Ugh. Angry And I completely agree, when Toby/Faust was a villan, he had a Bey that could actually do something and succeed, but Lyra is just... plain weak. It doesn't shine like Tempo did. Rock Aries 145WD was also a very nice Bey.

So, you've already finished recording the last episode of Metal Fury? Wow, cool! Eee I can't wait to hear you two!
Really?! Aww..thank you, that means a lot to me,coming from you x3

And I'll second Duck, I hope you're feeling better soon!
(Nov. 25, 2012  4:24 PM)Toby_Faust Wrote: Hey, hope autumn was fun. How were the football matches? What did you wear for Halloween? Doing the holiday shopping early is smart! I should probably do that.

GIIIIIIRL POWER! HUZZAH!

Well, I hope he records it for me, and I'm sure yours sounds just fine.

Oh I did love Katie Ka-Boom… what a fun set of shorts. Faust KaBoom sounds like fun.

Calling it "brotherhood" just makes it that much more lascivious sounding.

Yeah, Lyra was disappointing. I feel like Zeo and Toby went from being really good as kids, to super powered as villains and then just garbage when they became good guys again.
I'd love to voice that stuff. If someone makes Faust KaBoom, I'll voice that too.

Heheh, oh that image with Jack visiting the apartment is just delicious. I am very amused! *Clears throat* But let's keep this clean.

Well, I'm glad you're having fun in Kitchen Craft! And good for you for working with PSD. That's fantastic, and the only way to get past difficulties is to work on them. You can do anything you desire, keep it up!

I haven't had a chance to see the interview yet either. I hope it was alright… I don't really remember it anymore.
I'm sure there will be more conventions and more panels to be had. Eventually stuff will get out online.

The projects on which I've been working are a little on the hush hush side. However, I can say that I've started writing again, and there should be a new youtube channel opening up in a little bit.

Well, maybe Cameron will come hang out sometime. The truth is, since I became ill a few months ago, Mac and I haven't really hung out much either. Hopefully that will change again.

Well, Mac focuses more on cartoon readings while I focus more on commercial readings. We both have very good ears for our respective side of the industry. Our styles mainly differ in how we want the line delivered. As well, in cartoons it's more about the expression and feeling behind the line, while in commercials it's more about timing and getting the lines out with the correct emphasis to sell a product. While these two things can cross paths and sometimes both can go the other way, it's just a little bit of a different take.

Thanks for the questions and comments as always! Always looking forward to more. :-)

You have time to watch Metal Masters, no hurry. Draw it out, so you can enjoy it more.

While recording the very last episode of Metal Fury one of my final lines to record was Toby screaming, "GINGKA".
Good question.

Hey everyone, I'm not exactly back 100%. Sorry for my extended delays in responses. As you may have seen from Adam's post, I was extremely ill. I'm not at full strength yet, far from it, but I'm slowly getting there.

Thank you all for the questions, and keep them coming. All the best everyone!

Oh, and that video WILL be made… it just might take a little bit longer.

Autumn was very much fun, I am starting to get that December feeling now. The football matches were great watched one last week and froze despite being wrapped up, it was worth it though especially seeing my companion score goals! I have completed my shopping just need a few bits and bobs and I am ready to go!

For the Halloween disco I was a Vampire Bride and the only Vampire Bride infact, teeth rubbed my gums though so I couldn't wear them for too long.

Thanks it probably does I will practice some Masamune though.

I saw some when I was young and it is strange on first viewing, Faust Kaboom shorts sound fun though (I can see the Dungeon trio getting their army gear on ready).

Hmmmm brotherhood makes it almost street sounding even. Beyblade is and I emphasize a "family" show.

Yeah I mean Jack still used Befall in Metal Fury so why couldn't we have Zeo and Toby use their Beys to show that great power could be used for good or at least for a better storyline. Unfortunately their weaker power level as good guys just proves Ziggurat right in some way...
I can imagine the fun you'd have with fanon stuff.

After all if he decored the place he would want to admire it and improve it on a regular basis (much to Zeo's frustration and Masamune and Toby's amusement). I do think Jack is a wonderfully camp character so I can see the amusement...in a family-friendly way of course.

Thanks I have been told this alot and do believe it and when talking about what we want to achieve my companion reminds me to aim for number one Grin

I have looked but have found nadda as of yet, something will come up someday.

Good luck with your writing and secret project, very good you have gone back to writing

That is one of the things that suck about being ill, it pretty much interupts life forcing you to be bored in bed (or worse in hospital) while feeling blegh. I hope things do get back to normal for you soon.

Another thing is you guys do have lives of your own too.

That is quite interesting, I understand the differences between the two but also how they can cross paths. Animation is more or less about selling the story so the feeling behind lines is important as well as suitable vocal for each character. Commercial lines have to catch the viewers attention and reel them in to buy said product, however some animations are 30 min commercials (like Beyblade for example) so they do cross paths.

Thanks for answering and comments, you are welcome and most importantly get well soon Ben!

That is a good point because once it is over it's over (as I eventually learnt with the previous Beyblade)

(Nov. 25, 2012  4:24 PM)Toby_Faust Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2012  8:04 PM)Van-Da-Lizer Wrote: This is awesome! Actually typing to VA's!

Good question.

My next questions would be Why did you yell Rob's name? and how did your co-stars/workers in the studio react? Does Rob himself know? XD

You should really get other VAs on here, even though you do not see them much (correct if wrong), heh.
I hope you are feeling better, but I am just asking, are you ever going to get involved in the actual MetaGame of Beyblade, like in real life?
hey toby! sorry it's been a while, so busy with school i had no time to get on here for a while! but we've been slowing down as christmas is coming soon and teachers are coming to a close on their lesson plans. I saw your work with the metal fury series! you and mac did great! how's it like going from all serious and stuff with the lines as faust like, "Go Tempo....," to Toby's lines that are all full of joy and excitement? Also, what do you think about your new bey, Spiral Lyre E145MF? did the pronunciation throw ya off? lol, i guess that's enough questions.... for now at least...... *evil laugh*

By the way, my little sis says: My b-day just went by! WHERE'S MAH PRESENT TOBEH?! bye bey dude....
To start, HI everyone! I'm getting better and before I begin responding to people, CHECK OUT THE VIDEO! I finally made it!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DrDqH2T3lRc

(Nov. 25, 2012  7:37 PM)Duck Wrote: I really hope you feel better soon! It seems like everyone's getting sick this time of year!

I'm still waiting for episode five of Metal Fury to air here in America. :\ Toby and Zeo don't even show up until, like, episode thirteen. Ugh. Angry And I completely agree, when Toby/Faust was a villan, he had a Bey that could actually do something and succeed, but Lyra is just... plain weak. It doesn't shine like Tempo did. Rock Aries 145WD was also a very nice Bey.

So, you've already finished recording the last episode of Metal Fury? Wow, cool! Eee I can't wait to hear you two!

I wish it was just regular "this time of year" getting sick, it's a little more serious than that, but I really appreciate the well wishes.

Yeah, well, you'll just have to super enjoy the few episodes that have us. Also, I do miss having a great bey, but it is what it is. Heh.

I'm glad you're looking forward to it, I hope you enjoy every performance that we give.

Also, I commented on your "Best VA" posting, I really appreciate your comments, thank you.

(Nov. 26, 2012  2:54 AM)Ice-Leopard Wrote: Really?! Aww..thank you, that means a lot to me,coming from you x3

And I'll second Duck, I hope you're feeling better soon!

Absolutely! They are great!
Thank you very much, on the mend, huzzah!

(Nov. 27, 2012  12:48 PM)Killer-Kirsty Wrote: Autumn was very much fun, I am starting to get that December feeling now. The football matches were great watched one last week and froze despite being wrapped up, it was worth it though especially seeing my companion score goals! I have completed my shopping just need a few bits and bobs and I am ready to go!

For the Halloween disco I was a Vampire Bride and the only Vampire Bride infact, teeth rubbed my gums though so I couldn't wear them for too long.

Thanks it probably does I will practice some Masamune though.

I saw some when I was young and it is strange on first viewing, Faust Kaboom shorts sound fun though (I can see the Dungeon trio getting their army gear on ready).

Hmmmm brotherhood makes it almost street sounding even. Beyblade is and I emphasize a "family" show.

Yeah I mean Jack still used Befall in Metal Fury so why couldn't we have Zeo and Toby use their Beys to show that great power could be used for good or at least for a better storyline. Unfortunately their weaker power level as good guys just proves Ziggurat right in some way...
I can imagine the fun you'd have with fanon stuff.

After all if he decored the place he would want to admire it and improve it on a regular basis (much to Zeo's frustration and Masamune and Toby's amusement). I do think Jack is a wonderfully camp character so I can see the amusement...in a family-friendly way of course.

Thanks I have been told this alot and do believe it and when talking about what we want to achieve my companion reminds me to aim for number one Grin

I have looked but have found nadda as of yet, something will come up someday.

Good luck with your writing and secret project, very good you have gone back to writing

That is one of the things that suck about being ill, it pretty much interupts life forcing you to be bored in bed (or worse in hospital) while feeling blegh. I hope things do get back to normal for you soon.

Another thing is you guys do have lives of your own too.

That is quite interesting, I understand the differences between the two but also how they can cross paths. Animation is more or less about selling the story so the feeling behind lines is important as well as suitable vocal for each character. Commercial lines have to catch the viewers attention and reel them in to buy said product, however some animations are 30 min commercials (like Beyblade for example) so they do cross paths.

Thanks for answering and comments, you are welcome and most importantly get well soon Ben!

That is a good point because once it is over it's over (as I eventually learnt with the previous Beyblade)

(Nov. 25, 2012  4:24 PM)Toby_Faust Wrote:

Good question.

My next questions would be Why did you yell Rob's name? and how did your co-stars/workers in the studio react? Does Rob himself know? XD

I hope the December feeling is of wanting to be warm and family oriented with the holiday season jumping out at you.
Ooh, I'm glad your companion is scoring, that's awesome!
Good that you've done your shopping. I haven't even begun… well except the gift I ordered online for Mac.

Vampire briiiide…. ooooooh! Scaaaaaary! The fake plastic teeth always bugged me too.

Faust Kaboom would be hilarious… I can only imagine the things the dungeon boys would have to do to get him to calm down and keep him relaxed… *cough cough*

I have no idea why they made us change the beys… it would have been REALLY cool to see Tempo's positive side. What would the main super attack have been instead of a black-hole… maybe a thunder storm.

Oh, Jack's campiness is just wonderful… yes… yes… family friendly… keep it family friendly…. like brotherhood…

Good, I'm glad you always aim for number one, it's a good thing to do.

I haven't found anything yet either, I've messaged the con and haven't received an answer yet… I don't think they've been uploaded.

Thank you very much, I'm on the mend and I hope that I am back to full strength soon… then there will be MORE videos for all of you to enjoy.

They do cross paths often, but they are still very distinct styles.
For example, I have a very good friend who is a FANTASTIC animation voice actor. She spoke to an agent recently and the agent said, "You are amazing… but your commercial script reading needs a little work." so I'm going to teach her a little bit.

I LOVE answering and commenting! Thanks again, health is improving bit by bit.

It's never REALLY over, you can watch it again and again.
And I'll record some stuff or whatever.

To answer your question about shouting Rob's name, I don't know if I told him about it… but the director rolled her eyes at me and chuckled and Mac who was watching laughed a bit, as did the sound technician and the producer. It was funny.
I did it because it was the LAST day and I always like acting the goat.

Thanks as always for the messages and questions!

(Dec. 01, 2012  6:03 PM)BladerPegasis Wrote: You should really get other VAs on here, even though you do not see them much (correct if wrong), heh.
I hope you are feeling better, but I am just asking, are you ever going to get involved in the actual MetaGame of Beyblade, like in real life?

A few of them know about us responding on the forum and talking to fans. Each voice actor has their own way of interacting with the public.
Thank you, I'm on the mend.

What do you mean by the actual MetaGame? As in battling people? If so, that's not really my thing. I'm always up for battling the fans if they want, or doing little things here and there.

(Dec. 05, 2012  1:55 AM)Karl Wrote: hey toby! sorry it's been a while, so busy with school i had no time to get on here for a while! but we've been slowing down as christmas is coming soon and teachers are coming to a close on their lesson plans. I saw your work with the metal fury series! you and mac did great! how's it like going from all serious and stuff with the lines as faust like, "Go Tempo....," to Toby's lines that are all full of joy and excitement? Also, what do you think about your new bey, Spiral Lyre E145MF? did the pronunciation throw ya off? lol, i guess that's enough questions.... for now at least...... *evil laugh*

By the way, my little sis says: My b-day just went by! WHERE'S MAH PRESENT TOBEH?! bye bey dude....

Well, I'm glad you're focussing on school, that's important.
I'm very happy that you like the new episodes!
I enjoyed playing all version of Toby and of Faust. The line differences were drastic, but the second incarnation of Toby is a little more gruff than the first time around, so it's a little closer to Faust. Of course there's a lot more emotion in the lines now, but the voice was closer. I enjoyed playing the second version of Toby the most.
Spiral Lyra as we called it in the show… so no, not really a pronunciation issue, it was just another thing to say.

Always welcoming new questions… AND that devilish laughter.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BUDDY! I hope you really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the questions, comments, and your well wishes everyone.
There will be more videos coming, all the best and keep aiming for number one!

If you missed it up top, the video link with Mac and me is http://youtube.com/watch?v=DrDqH2T3lRc
ENJOY!