[Product]  BB-104 Basalt Horogium 145WD

Rocks older brother.

Seriously, this reminds me of Grand, though. I need to see the underside of this wheel.
Heh yeah pretty much, but judging by the weight of the whole Bey (50g) I'm guessing it isn't very hollow.
True. But Earth goes thicker nearer to the bottom, maybe this does too. Probably not, though.
(Dec. 14, 2010  1:19 AM)|Joe| Wrote: Basalt is a type of rock that makes up most of the Earth's oceanic crust. It's also an ingenious type of rock. An interesting name choice.....

igneous*
Ah damn correction suggestions haha. I'll edit that so it doesn't look like the Bey is based on a smart rock XD
i actually quite like it, the face bolt is pretty epic with the eye, but this is just like byxis, the spirit will look strange if it ever appears, that's like what happened to aqaurio, it still had good attacks, but they have strange designs, seems like they ran out of ideas... i hope though that i can get it as its definitely my type of bey, and it even comes out 2 days after my bday...
(Dec. 14, 2010  8:32 PM)Nwolf Wrote: i actually quite like it, the face bolt is pretty epic with the eye, but this is just like byxis, the spirit will look strange if it ever appears, that's like what happened to aqaurio, it still had good attacks, but they have strange designs, seems like they ran out of ideas... i hope though that i can get it as its definitely my type of bey, and it even comes out 2 days after my bday...

Byxis looks like that because its latin name for "Mariner's Compass" so generally the two beyblade's decal would have needles pointing (and this one is obviously a clock).

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyxis
no not like that, i mean they both seem like similar items, like a clock and a compass has a face, the needles move, etc. also i knew it was a compass after watching the episode...
(Dec. 14, 2010  8:40 PM)Nwolf Wrote: no not like that, i mean they both seem like similar items, like a clock and a compass has a face, the needles move, etc. also i knew it was a compass after watching the episode...

as long as your not saying that they look the same or look too similar in terms of face design (not anime special technique wise) then that's fine, i'm confused if you were relating it to the decals of the face or the anime that's all.
weird clear wheel design ~_~ and a bey that heavy.... id laugh if all the other parts were like .1 and the metal wheel was the rest,though theirs probably going to be many kids wondering what it is or what those symboloes stand for ;V but i want judge........
(Dec. 14, 2010  8:55 PM)Brooklyn-Z Wrote: weird clear wheel design ~_~ and a bey that heavy.... id laugh if all the other parts were like .1 and the metal wheel was the rest,though theirs probably going to be many kids wondering what it is or what those symboloes stand for ;V but i want judge........

........ roman numerals... they've been on MANY clocks' and watches and still are; they also use this design on clocks/watches over the globe. To not know this you must really not look at these items, who needs to nowadays when everything is electronic? well they still have these symbols in electronic clocks, etc.

EDIT: also i didn't realise but the "4'oClock" on this beyblade is IIII not IV, at first i thought it was III but then i saw that some clocks actually use IIII as well.
http://www.trusted-forwarder.org/elgin/h..._IIII.html
Many homes have Roman clocks in it, so Children should know. And in primary school, I was taught them, even though they were hard to remember.

This clear wh eel is basically just a clock.The only important part of this bey is the MW simply because the track and bottom are 125WD, from what I see in the pics.
hey wd is top tier and Hologium might be heavier than bull sp dont say that only the MW is important
i meant kids that havent learned that stuff........and most kids probably wont buy it cause it looks like a clock.....but it would be funny to here "i learned how to read a clock by my beyblade"
(Dec. 14, 2010  9:38 PM)Brooklyn-Z Wrote: i meant kids that havent learned that stuff. and most kids probably wont buy it cause it looks like a clock

what.... that's a very stupid assumption that you made... in fact if it advertises well in the anime, it will be the total opposite; and with it being a "forbidden" beyblade, kids will go "wow" for it even more, just look at how many people in this post have said, omg its cool, i want it, etc.

(Dec. 14, 2010  9:38 PM)Brooklyn-Z Wrote: .....but it would be funny to here "i learned how to read a clock by my beyblade"

and there's nothing funny about that.. i'm sure kids are learning about the horoscopes and star signs (and greek/egyptian myths, etc. as well) thanks to the new series of beyblade actually. even I am learning more because of this hobby (and i'm surprised).
i would fine it funny ;V *sigh* i just have a different view of comedy,that was me trying to be funny,but iv know most of these constellations ~_~
Jaems: Same here. I've learnt a lot more about Zodiac and Constellations. And I'm not very old.
how are you learning "a lot"just by the names of the constellations or do you guys actually bother to google these constellations? :V
Yes. I wiki'd them. The fact of the matter is that people would bother to learn about them because of beyblades.

Going off-topic.
(Dec. 14, 2010  9:51 PM)Brooklyn-Z Wrote: how are you learning "a lot"just by the names of the constellations or do you guys actually bother to google these constellations? :V

this is getting off topic and belongs in random thought, but yh i do google these constellations because i have procrastinating problem.

i can see this getting locked...
never trust wiki and yes we are....
what wiki is super informative, i have learnt allot from reading it <- super offtopic
(Dec. 14, 2010  10:00 PM)Night Wrote: This bey reminds me of Zeus for some random reason.

Hahaha how? Mayyyyyybeee the clear wheel kinda looks like the AR of Zues, but it has nothing that looks like the Sub-AR.

(Dec. 14, 2010  9:55 PM)Brooklyn-Z Wrote: never trust wiki and yes we are....

Never trust wiki's without sources. I've learned a lot of very informative stuff from Wikipedia. You just need to do more research on your own.