Poll: Best Bey Gen

OG Bey
28.99%
MFB Bey
42.03%
Burst Bey
28.99%
Total: 100% 69 vote(s)
For the original, my personal favourite battles are Ray vs Kai, Tala vs Garland, that White Tiger and All Stars four way and Kai vs Brooklyn, despite what I said before, these are entertaining fights and one of my favourites ever. Favourite MFB Battle will have to be Ginga vs Ryugas first battle, Damian vs Julius and Rago vs Ryuga, so satisfying to see Ryuga lose and it was intense. For Burst, well I'm more leaning towards Wyvern vs Valkyrie second battle for now.
On the topic of 'dancing', I cannot do badass graphics like these with non-dancing characters:

[Image: Gsyn7iN.gif]

[Image: 7sO6R4t.jpg]

If every Blader just punches forward, it is definitely boring visually.

Evolution of fan graphics throughout the stages of Beyblade generations is definitely worth looking into hah.
If you think so and your GIFs benefit from their movements, that's absolutely fine, it's your thing.
Fan art is certainly a great representation of what and how much generations like Beyblade series.
And believe me, there's a lot of them, especially if it's Kai and Takao or Ryuga. Alright I think I'm getting off topic here at this point.
I never enjoyed most of the battles outside of Bakuten Shoot 2000 and G-Revolution. Most of what I remember from MFB is Beyblades running straight at each other with smoke and explosions every time they hit, plus that one guy spamming an endless number of tornadoes. Zero-G and Burst seemed and seems way too stuck up with the rules, the stadiums, the Beyblade types and how a spinning top should behave (MFB did some of that too) that it feels utterly uninteresting: if I want Beyblattles like in real life, I'll just play in real life and dispense with the googly eyes.

What was cool with the first series, with or without the G-Revolution karate, was that almost every stadium was a stage, and that stage drove the action and made every battle unique. Plus, not every battle needed to be fought in a regular dish and they didn't have to blow up a whole in the ground the size of one when there wasn't a stadium around.
(Jul. 07, 2016  9:12 PM)Nocto Wrote: I never enjoyed most of the battles outside of Bakuten Shoot 2000 and G-Revolution. Most of what I remember from MFB is Beyblades running straight at each other with smoke and explosions every time they hit, plus that one guy spamming an endless number of tornadoes. Zero-G and Burst seemed and seems way too stuck up with the rules, the stadiums, the Beyblade types and how a spinning top should behave (MFB did some of that too) that it feels utterly uninteresting: if I want Beyblattles like in real life, I'll just play in real life and dispense with the googly eyes.

What was cool with the first series, with or without the G-Revolution karate, was that almost every stadium was a stage, and that stage drove the action and made every battle unique. Plus, not every battle needed to be fought in a regular dish and they didn't have to blow up a whole in the ground the size of one when there wasn't a stadium around.

This post is the strongest argument for a Like button on this forum :') Can't agree more with this.
The dinamicity of every battle in the G-Revolution was a cool visual artifice and it was never replied. Just try to think about the ep.30, for example. Instead in the manga this kind of dinamicty was always present.
(Jul. 07, 2016  9:14 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2016  9:12 PM)Nocto Wrote: I never enjoyed most of the battles outside of Bakuten Shoot 2000 and G-Revolution. Most of what I remember from MFB is Beyblades running straight at each other with smoke and explosions every time they hit, plus that one guy spamming an endless number of tornadoes. Zero-G and Burst seemed and seems way too stuck up with the rules, the stadiums, the Beyblade types and how a spinning top should behave (MFB did some of that too) that it feels utterly uninteresting: if I want Beyblattles like in real life, I'll just play in real life and dispense with the googly eyes.

This post is the strongest argument for a Like button on this forum :') Can't agree more with this.
I agree with Brad.
I don't really want to get involved in the conversation as I don't really see it productive, and it doesn't seem to be a discussion as much as people implying "you're wrong" to each other. But let's just clear this up...

Bakuten Shoot was great, nobody can deny that. The battles were fast paced and mixed up to keep them interesting. The use of unique stages was a nice addition and added more dynamics to the fight. Add on the character syncing in later seasons, it was your ultimate fast-paced battling experience really.

Metal Fight was also great. The stadiums were pretty standard (or just massive holes in the ground), but the idea was to tell this story about a star fragment which created these Beyblade tops, and have a few tournaments to show that Beyblade is a competitive game.

Burst is also great. It focuses on a more realistic aspect of the entire game. We have a newbie Blader who received a Beyblade purchased by his parents from a store, who progresses upwards through a local tournament and even creates his own Beyblade club at a school. He uses real world tactics to battle, and it teaches viewers as well.

What's the point in me labeling these? These are different series. Stop suggesting one is terrible because it isn't another.

No, Burst is not fast paced like Bakuten Shoot was. Burst focuses on a realistic aspect of the toyline. The show is meant to encourage younger fans to partake in battles, encourage them to create their own clubs, perhaps find new friends through battling. It wants to get kids to take part in tournaments near them and test their luck and skill against others. There's nothing supernatural about it; it tries to be as standard as possible to actually relate to a real world setting.

When you look at it directly; Bakuten Shoot is supernatural, focusing on sacred beasts and plotlines that heavily utilise them and blah blah blah. Burst has animations of the names of the Beys to just how it from an alternate view.

You cannot compare these two series because they literally try to do different things; one is a fantasy anime (even by genre), the other is essentially a slice of life school setting. If flashy battles appeal more to you, go for Bakuten Shoot. If you want that extra sense of realism, go for Burst. If you want extreme supernatural shenanigans, you probably want Metal Fight.

Every series is it's own series, and tries to do it's own thing. I see people trying to force their opinions and favourites on each other so often, and it really is starting to get frustrating, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way either.

tl;dr: The series' have different aims. Stop forcing your preferences on each other because you don't like how one goes.
@[~Mana~], I thought that was a well written post, and you did make a lot of good points, and I agree with it. While I commented that BSB had the karate stuff in G-Rev, it was really due to my preference in battle, but I was fine if anyone else liked it.
Well yeah, that's exactly my point. There's nothing wrong with liking or disliking any series at all. You're welcome to love Bakuten, you're welcome to utterly despise Burst. But when the opinion is shared in a way that makes it seem like your stance is wrong, it's just unfair.

People might like one style and not another, there is literally nothing wrong with that. But each series is a fresh start by a new studio, focusing on a new story, with new characters, different genres, with different marketing aims. You're entitled to like or dislike a series, but not to force opinions on each other and turn it into a argument more than a discussion.
(Jul. 07, 2016  7:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2016  7:51 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2016  7:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Huh?

In the OG, there's a few times where I swear they are moving around a lot during battle.

Well, in G-Revolution, they obviously started syncing up the movements of the Bladers with the Beyblades to give the battles a more martial-arts feel. Let me know if there's a battle in the Burst anime that's more fun to watch than this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2njtIMpZsiM
The promotion of Mitsuo Hashimoto to series director was brilliant.

Episode 37 is probably my favorite DBZ-esque fight of the show. The infamous Yoshihiro Nagamori was in charge of animating it (he's usually hired to do the really big episodes).

Okay well since we're on the topic of Beyblade series comparisons, I think it's time to give me my own opinions and if you cannot handle an opinion that isn't yours then I suggest you skip this post.

Bakuten Shoot
2000 - I like the first Bakuten Shoot series. It's a tournament plot and that's how I personally like it to be with some memorable characters and simple but yet cool battles. However the Russia Team episodes feels like they tried to copy Pokemon (by stealing monsters and stuff) but I still liked it as it's not too forced and I do feel for the characters. Another problem for me is that it feels slightly rushed at times with the development of some characters and locking children up for failing to win a Beyblade match?! What?! I do like how exaggerated and goofy it is and it does keep me smiling at times too.
2002/V-Force - Oh... dear lord. This series was definitely trying to be a Pokemon series where the plot was that some villains come along to try and steal their monsters/beasts for their evil plans (don't deny it, it was trying to be Pokemon). Not that trying to be Pokemon is bad but it's done quite poorly here due to how boring and repetitive it was. Asides from that, there were also episodes I just didn't like or even hated such as the episode where they say it's not okay to mod a Beyblade (despite having so many of it's hypocritical points rebunked) or the terrible excuse of a World Championships. The characters have become a little worse IMO. Takao/Tyson is a lot more aggressive and brash for no reason, Kai is just more in the background, Max and Rei/Ray are pretty bland in this series and Hiromi/Hilary... my god, I don't like her and how pointless she is. Okay, I'm going to be honest... I don't like this series at all. Yeah, there were some good episodes but it was overall just... bad. I'm sure some might like it and that's fine but it doesn't sit well with me.
G-Revolution - This is much better. I'm so glad that bit-beasts aren't relavent in the story anymore (despite that they still appear) and focuses more on the tournament and the splitting between the teams. That's the type of story I like. The characters such as Tala and Lee make a comeback and well... most of them were awesome and they threw in new characters too which were cool such as Rick, the F-Dynasty team, Ming-Ming, Moses/Crusher and Brooklyn. I love the strained relationship between his friends because it makes it more interesting and the battles are cool too (although a little wierd at times too). However, Brooklyn taking over the world felt too shoehorned in and out of place IMO.

Metal Fight
Metal Fight/Metal Fusion - It's a decent series I guess. The structure is better than Bakuten's and the animation is a little smoother. It has some fairly decent characters like Kenta or Tsubasa and the dub is faithful. However, there are a chunk of problems (or just my nitpicks). The character designs are very bland and just blend in too much with the crowd (with a few exceptions), the character development is pretty bad as Ginga starts off really strong and his personality barely changes despite many obstacles. There is also no backstory or explaination to some characters like Reiji or Ryuga as we don't know the reasoning for them joining the Dark Nebula. Ryuga (whilst cool at first) is too OP and this concept becomes tiresome after a while.
Metal Fight Baku/Metal Masters - It's a World Championship plot which sounds like an awesome concept and it's executed... alright. At times the battles are cool with how competitive it feels but at the same time, it just doesn't feel like a championship to me anyway. The battles are also pretty repeptitive with too many explosions and stuff but I did like Damian's battles. The Starbreaker plot is pretty good as it tries to be it's own thing and it just feels creative (unlike V-Force). I like a lot of characters and teams here (except for Team Gracy, they were terrible) and I like that a lot of characters come back. However, Ryuga is back and his OP reputation is just as boring here and is quite pointless IMO (until the end). The character development is much better than before as we see some characters change such as Masamune who becomes more serious later on and is a lot more friendly to Ginga as oppose to him being bothersome before. I also think Yuu and Tsubasa have developed as they have formed a friendship and Yuu has made mature decisions such as refusing to take Tsubasa's place as he didn't want to get Tsubasa kicked out of the team when he was going insane. I really do like Masamune's motivation and backstory which led to why he wants to be the best and his friend Toby/Faust is pretty neat.
Metal Fight 4D/Metal Fury - Another series I groan at. The concept of having ten strong bladers known as the "Legend Bladers" sounds like a cool idea and sounds like we could be up for an awesome series. However, I was pretty disappointed. For how bland and boring the battles and special moves were, the Legend Bladers were soooo boring. Aguma, Dynamis and Chris were pretty boring characters with bland character designs (although at least they have a backstory and motovation). Here is a personal nitpick and preference of mine... why do the Legend Bladers have to dress like they are from the late 1800s? Just because they are Legend Bladers, doesn't mean they have to look Legendary. I understand that MFB is a fantasy-type series but when has anyone in the previous series dressed so old-fashioned? And it's not even done ironically. The story feels slightly rushed as they find the Legend Bladers a little too quickly and the episodes are made of of a giant chunk that revolves around battling Nemesis which is really boring as it drags for too long. Oh and Ryuga is still a boring OP character... Well, at least the animation is better.
Metal Fight Zero-G - It's a poor rehash of Metal Fight/Metal Fusion. The characters (whilst some are cool like Kira and Ren) just feel like rehashes of the Metal Fusion characters. I know they are a new generation but that doesn't mean EVERYONE has to be identical. The character designs are cool and even a tribute to the Bakuten Shoot characters. The story and settings just feel repetitive and empty as it always revolves around the Bey Park and the characters aren't very involved moving the story nowhere. Oh and the battles in the anime are SLOW... Zero-G was meant to be a fast series but it just feels so slow (even without Synchrome battles). That said, I do like the Doji-bot and seeing Team Gracy get their commeupance was satisfying.

Burst
I'm not judging a series that isn't finished yet but I do like it so far. It's very down to earth, it's relatable at times with some really cool battles. I know people didn't like how the Beyblades move much like the respective types in Zero-G and this series (e.g. Defense Types = Staying In Centre) but I think it's fine as it gives the characters something different to deal with when it comes to how they move and attack. The characters are very likeable and memorable with some great animation (except for the Beyblades). From what I can see so far, it seems like a tournament plot which sounds cool.

If you like any of these series, more power to you (I just expect you to respect my opinions too).
I think them moving around looks kind of stupid despite the show having better plots than the other animes.
I'd say HMS and MFB. Grin
If say og because of Yuriy in season one states "between my willpower and wolborg so sacred beast power, those two have surpassed time and space, creating this dimensio." and eventually in v force and g revolution, everyone became stronger than this version of Yuriy. Brooklyn was also so powerful he plunged the world into entire destruction and created some weird black hole thing. This all means the BSB characters are around time and space levels plus Takao and Brooklyn can fly.
I wasn't too much of a fan of MFB because it borrowed too much stuff from BSB.
(Boy wants to be the strongest, rival owns a gang and joins the enemy team to beat the mc, joins the jap qualifiers but quits and joins another team for the world tournament to fight the mc. (Kai and Kyoto) the main villain from season 1 uses a blader with unbelievable power to fight the mc (Ryuga and Yuriy) this character then changes his ways and tries to fight the villains in season 3 but loses badly. A annoying character appears and keeps on challenging the mc (masamune and daichi) the mc has a storm and galaxy model of his blade, there was a blade with unbelievable power which was forbidden (black Dranzer and l-drago) there's a character called King who has white hair in both series. The final battle is against a godlike being in which the main character has to borrow people's power (Rago and Brooklyn)). And the character designs were cheap rip offs, gingka looked like Johnny, kyoya looked too much like a Kai and Kane fusion, Ryuga looked like Kai from season 1, masamume looked like ozuma and that Chinese dude in metal masters with rock giraffe/zruafa (forgot his name) looked a lot like ozuma, yu looked and acted like a kid version of max, tsubasa looked like a white haired rei without his hair tie, doji was a lot like boris/volkov, the twisted tempo guy (I believe his name was Toby and fruast) was like Zeo, the Brazilian team in metal masters were like the European team in g revolution that cheated, rago was like Brooklyn. Finally the MFB characters weren't developed that much only development was Ryuga from being a carp to caring, Kenta being able to stand up to himself and tubas over coming the darkness. In BSB they took time to develop the characters for example they mad one of the Saint shields, marium, to grow close to max, the series made team physic and Zeo become friends with Takao to make the betrayal harder for the mc's, max and rei became independent and max in his battle with mystel learned to be himself, Yuriy and Garland learnt beyblading can be just fun and kyouju stopped being afraid most of the time, I could cover Kai but that would take to long and it's quite hard to explain.
While that may be true, I see Yuriy as being downgraded from those dangerous powers and it just looks as if he used more traditional abilities, I suppose. I mean, he hasn't warped anyone into a new dimension. Brooklyn can warp reality in some form and is highly destructive. However, many of the MFB characters are more destructive as many can break walls and rocks without much effort while OG doesn't do it quite as well until later G-Revoluton, except for a few, such as every main character and the BEGA Bladers. I think the most powerful are Rago, Ryuga and Brooklyn, although Rago just seemed more destructive and powerful. Takao I can believe being stronger than Ginga. I think the Legend Bladers from MFB are a match for the top BEGA Bladers.
In season 2 Kai in his battle against Dunga effortlessly destroyed a roller coaster structure and takao and ozuma destroyed a castle. Kane was able to destroy a large building in his battle with takao. And Brooklyn being able to warp reality was dub only as means of censorship, in the original he was destroying everything.
Oh yeah I forgot about that. I don't know why the dub couldn't admit that Brooklyn destroyed the world, it's not that offensive.
Ginga uses bey spirit and murders everything. Ginga uses magical Pegasus spirit to fly and ginga is shown to have space-time "beyspirit powers"like in zero g. Also destroyed the black sun
When did he have space time powers? I'm quite sure the phoned in space backgrounds were metaphorical, for whatever reason...
*cough*cough opening metal fight explosion vision with new galaxy Pegasus bey
Plus killing Rago, and defeating ryuga with Pegasus going to space as a special move