New WBO Logo

I want to update the WBO logo, the current one looks a little flat. Here's what I have.

[Image: wbologo3.png]

Suggestions/criticism welcome!

ALSO YES THE EDGES OF THE PEGASIS WHEEL ARE A BIT CROOKED, IF ANYONE WANTS TO FIX THIS I WILL UPLOAD THE PSD BECAUSE IT PISSES ME OFF
holy carp man, don't you have better things to do?XD But seriously I like the updated logo. It stands out a bit more. I also like the one that looks painted.
The new logo looks better.

I like that last forum banner.

You can upload the Photoshop file.
The new logo looks much better Smile
But damn you had a lot of other WBO logo designs which all look good too especially that last one you posted.
You should go with the colour scheme you posted here:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/d...cture6.png

I'm not too much of a fan to be adding affects to text etc. I believe that a logo should be flat colour so as it would be easier to transfer onto other mediams. That is just me though lol.
The new one is good but I honestly don't think it's better than the one we have at the moment.........it's not bad it's just that I love them both. Smile
Actually, the more I look it at I kinda prefer the old one. To bring Pokémon into the topic it's like how P&D are more 3D and such but I'd still rather play FR and LG. I just like the block colours and defined edges of the older one.......but really, the new ones great as well and I'll be happy with either.

I do love the little Pegasus wheels we have at the moment though. <3 Glad you didn't go for the worlds instead. XD
That last one carping rocks man, I want the banner Eee
Although the new logo is to shiny for me Unhappy
I really like the new logo! The gradient gives it some more depth. I don't understand your problem with the edges of the Pegasis Wheel however, it isn't really noticeable.

(Mar. 02, 2009  2:08 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: I'm not too much of a fan to be adding affects to text etc. I believe that a logo should be flat colour so as it would be easier to transfer onto other mediams. That is just me though lol.

It wouldn't matter. Gradients can be resized without loss of quality.

And Brad, you forgot this concept!
[Image: wba.jpg]

...though it was a mistake haha (since it says WBA).
Isn't that the World Battle Association version of the 4th one?
(Mar. 02, 2009  9:32 PM)Giga Wrote: Isn't that the World Battle Association version of the 4th one?

Yeah, but it was originally done as WBA by accident if my memory is correct.
(Mar. 02, 2009  1:14 PM)Arjun Wrote: holy carp man, don't you have better things to do?

not really

Bey-UK Espio Wrote:I'm not too much of a fan to be adding affects to text etc. I believe that a logo should be flat colour so as it would be easier to transfer onto other mediams.

How do gradients not transfer to other mediums?

(Mar. 02, 2009  1:25 PM)Kai-V Wrote: You can upload the Photoshop file.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OHK2XD72
I like how the update stands out. And, I think I can say this for all WBO members here, that we appriciate your hard work ... alot!

Also,
(Mar. 02, 2009  12:36 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [Image: wbologo2-2.jpg]
what's the font you used here?
the updated one is awsome
The font is Lakmus.
(Mar. 02, 2009  9:52 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: How do gradients not transfer to other mediums?

I worded it wrong and the other part doesn't make sense haha. My idea of a logo is to use flat colours. They are supposed to be simple and affective. If you start adding affects it can make them look carp to be honest.

This is my opinion on logo design. But the general rule of thumb is to use flat colour. Having worked for design studios this is a common practice at the places I have been to and is also applied to the work that I have seen in countless books.
(Mar. 03, 2009  3:49 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2009  9:52 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: How do gradients not transfer to other mediums?

I worded it wrong and the other part doesn't make sense haha. My idea of a logo is to use flat colours. They are supposed to be simple and affective. If you start adding affects it can make them look carp to be honest.

This is my opinion on logo design. But the general rule of thumb is to use flat colour. Having worked for design studios this is a common practice at the places I have been to and is also applied to the work that I have seen in countless books.

I second this. Using solid colour is better. Its what i've been learning too btw.
The transparencies don't look good in the other examples for example.

Orange and blue are great complimentary colours so don't loose them...
edit: I don't mind the gradient on the letters so much as the blue pegasis silouette, the contrast change adds some visual distraction.

Brad what about reversing the blue/orange, ie the WBO is blue, the pegasis silouette is orange. also the spacing between the W & B feels to close.

the new orange value used is perfect. pops a lot more than the one in the banner. ( this is from you post #1)
(Mar. 02, 2009  12:29 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [Image: wbologo3.png]

this blue lettering has nicer spacing imo
(Mar. 02, 2009  12:36 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [Image: wbologo2-10.jpg]
edit: no, there yours ;p. only this one is an old concept, which I think has better capital spacing
your images are broken

also those aren't examples, they're old concepts that didn't get used (for a reason)
i made an edit

if you could upload the PSD I'd play with it. thanks
(Mar. 03, 2009  9:49 PM)Blue Wrote: i made an edit

if you could upload the PSD I'd play with it. thanks

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OHK2XD72
Im really feeling this one...
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

[Image: wbologo3mychangescopy.png]
I made this with the text blue but it didn't punch much so i just used black. flat colours.

its kinda crude.
I don't like the colour scheme. Can you post what the version with blue text looks like?