My Riddles.

I doubt it is arguable that making riddles requires a certain amount of creativity, therefore I figured it was appropriate to post a topic in this forum.

The second riddle is :
--------------------------------------------------------
[Image: Riddle2.jpg]
On a seldom occasion, Pikachu carries empty circles.

The answer is here.

The first riddle is :
---------------------------------------------------------
The guy said : “Hey, what is a zebra?”
“Ask Matt,” said Jim. “I’m clueless.”
“Why? The fact is, perhaps it’s very subtle.”
"Give me a cheap example."

Do I like Chemistry ? Why yes/why no ?
----------------------------------------------------------

There are two 'reasons' but, let us say, I could accept A without B, but not B without A. In any case, you should always try to find at least one thing that can validate your answer without my help.

I only have one clue for this one : The answer is not there.

The answer is here.

There is no real "reward" or something after figuring these riddles out, except a great sense of accomplishment, you could say.
Oh dear. I can forsee this topic making me feel rather stupid in the days to come.....
(Jul. 12, 2009  3:38 PM)Rocky Wrote: Oh dear. I can forsee this topic making me feel rather stupid in the days to come.....
No, hahah. Nobody is stupid for not figuring out a riddle; however, the same cannot really be said for somebody who could not figure what 1+1 results in, for instance. A riddle is different.
...Chemistry? What does this have to do with what Jim and "The Guy" are talking about...and why would the zebra be subtle?

...I'll figure it out, somehow...
You see, a zebra is a subtle animal. The stripes are a resemblence of Chemistry because A and B, or black and white, mix perfectly to createa sense of accomplishement Wink
(Jul. 12, 2009  9:03 PM)jsc Wrote: You see, a zebra is a subtle animal. The stripes are a resemblence of Chemistry because A and B, or black and white, mix perfectly to createa sense of accomplishement Wink

What? I still don't get it......:\
(Jul. 12, 2009  9:03 PM)jsc Wrote: You see, a zebra is a subtle animal. The stripes are a resemblence of Chemistry because A and B, or black and white, mix perfectly to createa sense of accomplishement Wink

...Pardon me?

You think Kai-V thought this threw that much? Chocked_2
(Jul. 12, 2009  9:13 PM)jsc Wrote: Um...I was obviously joking.

Oooooohh! Alright Joyful_3

That means you're as clueless as we are, right?
Gasp...uh...its like not related!
well i'm going off a random guess
Zebra is a Football Slang, "an offical who wears black and white striped shirts'' AKA Referee
they can be very Subtle, such as when they get paid to not 'notice' things that the team is doing.
which would consider then consider the couch paying them a bit sly
but right now im just thinking and writting. So this might not make sence.

plus if you think about it a Zebra can also be subtle, with how they stick togeth to 'blend' in with each other. Which then confuses the animal hunting for them. It's how they seem to stay alive.

these are the only things im getting out of it...but hmm. i could be wrong xD
So ... do I like Chemistry ?

Hm, I will go ahead and give the clue :
The answer is not there.
(Jul. 13, 2009  5:20 AM)Hoshi Tsukino Wrote: well i'm going off a random guess
Zebra is a Football Slang, "an offical who wears black and white striped shirts'' AKA Referee
they can be very Subtle, such as when they get paid to not 'notice' things that the team is doing.
which would consider then consider the couch paying them a bit sly
but right now im just thinking and writting. So this might not make sence.

plus if you think about it a Zebra can also be subtle, with how they stick togeth to 'blend' in with each other. Which then confuses the animal hunting for them. It's how they seem to stay alive.

these are the only things im getting out of it...but hmm. i could be wrong xD

Referees in football...Oh, are you joking, too? Eee

Seriously, this is a little too far...Plus, the answer is "Not There" (Yeah, thanks, Kai-V XD) so it probably doesn't have anything to do with zebras at all...
I'm going to say you don't like Chemistry.

Obviously Jim and The Guy were two of your Chemistry classmates, and exchanged dumb questions all the time next to your seat to the point that it nearly drove you insane. Among questions like "what is a Zebra", you often had to hear ridiculously awful questions like, "who's hotter, Jennifer Lopez or Christina Aguilera?". It was just too much for you to handle. Matt and The Guy drove you to talk to Jim about a chemical solution to your problem, which is something you always wanted to avoid.

Jim was the only person really knowledgable in the class (The instructor was kind of useless), and was also a known sociopath, so he actually might be a viable tool for what you needed to accomplish. You eventually asked Jim, if he could help you construct a serum which could permanently seal a person's vocal chords. Jim normally would be obliged to help out with something like that, but unfortunately he was a sociopath, so he kind of just declined for some unknown reason, and there was really no way to convince him to help you because well, he's a sociopath.

Not only were the subtleties strewn about in chemistry ridiculously hard to grasp, but the combination of awful teachers, insipid small talk, and sociopaths were easily enough to make you want to stay as far away from chemistry as possible.

I can sympathize with this completely Unhappy
(Jul. 13, 2009  5:08 PM)Synesthesia Wrote: I'm going to say you don't like Chemistry.

Obviously Jim and The Guy were two of your Chemistry classmates, and exchanged dumb questions all the time next to your seat to the point that it nearly drove you insane. Among questions like "what is a Zebra", you often had to hear ridiculously awful questions like, "who's hotter, Jennifer Lopez or Christina Aguilera?". It was just too much for you to handle. Matt and The Guy drove you to talk to Jim about a chemical solution to your problem, which is something you always wanted to avoid.

Jim was the only person really knowledgable in the class (The instructor was kind of useless), and was also a known sociopath, so he actually might be a viable tool for what you needed to accomplish. You eventually asked Jim, if he could help you construct a serum which could permanently seal a person's vocal chords. Jim normally would be obliged to help out with something like that, but unfortunately he was a sociopath, so he kind of just declined for some unknown reason, and there was really no way to convince him to help you because well, he's a sociopath.

Not only were the subtleties strewn about in chemistry ridiculously hard to grasp, but the combination of awful teachers, insipid small talk, and sociopaths were easily enough to make you want to stay as far away from chemistry as possible.

I can sympathize with this completely Unhappy

hey! that was my answer Unhappy
man brad took my answer Crying

why ya' gotta be so mean brad Crying[/php][/quote]
(Jul. 13, 2009  7:43 PM)strataking09 Wrote: man brad took my answer Crying

why ya' gotta be so mean brad Crying[/php]
[/quote]

It wasn't Brad that took it since it was taken from him as well. XD

All I can say is: Chocked_2
Well, if the answer is not there ... What is not there ?
(Jul. 13, 2009  8:08 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Well, if the answer is not there ... What is not there ?

...The answer? Chocked_2

Oh and Synesthesia...That's an interesting answer (Better than Football referees, anyway) But shouldn't you only send your answer to Kai-V and not post it here? If it's the answer, then we all know it, now!
(Jul. 13, 2009  8:48 PM)Dude Wrote: Oh and Synesthesia...That's an interesting answer (Better than Football referees, anyway) But shouldn't you only send your answer to Kai-V and not post it here? If it's the answer, then we all know it, now!

really
(Jul. 13, 2009  8:50 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: really

I assume you mean to tell me that it's obviously not the real or a serious answer, but it does kind of make sense...except for the part about sociopaths, that was weird...
Well, I gave it a shot...

Chemistry is a very technical subject and deals with meticulous detail eg: combining precise amounts of substances, calculations, etc. It could be said that chemistry is more of a factual subject than say, philosophy. Somebody who was fond of chemistry would most likely be a rather analytical and calculating person, someone also fond of math, etc.

It could depend on who "you" are in this riddle.
If you were the guy: The guy seems to be a rather broad thinker, and by asking what a zebra is, he could be asking Whether a zebra is black with white stripes or white with black stripes, or could be asking about whether a zebra is or is not a horse. So either this person is curious and would rather ask somebody than find out for himself, or he just blatantly has no idea what a zebra is. In today's world, you have to be rather ignorant to no know that a zebra is an animal, so this could point to him not really being into chemistry.

If you were Jim: you probably don't like chemistry very much because you didn't ask for clarification... or somthing.

I just scrolled up and now my train of thought shifted, sorry

two people are talking, the guy, and jim. However, the answer is not there, and the only things absent from the conversation are the zebra [lol] and Matt. The answer could be either the zebra, or the Matt. Looking at the zebra, it doesn't really have anything to do with chemistry, however, a comment made by the guy leads me to believe that there is something "subtle" hidden within the concept of the zebra. A zebra is a mix of black and white stripes, and is rather chaotic. It's not a horse in the conventional sense [people don't go for zebra rides] Chemistry is very structured, quite un-chaotic.

So my first stab would be, You dislike Chemistry because 1. You are a zebra and 2. I haven't come up with a second reason yet.

If you look at "zebra" from a chemistry point of view, you could get the following:
Xenon, Bromine, and Radium. Xe-Br-Ra = Zebra.

The zebra isn't there, and could possibly be the answer, so therefore you like Chemistry, because: 1. You tried to make a joke to jim about it and knew that it consisted of Symbols. OR, 2. Because you are a zebra and your name can be pronounced using chemical symbols, you like chemistry, but not necessarily english.

TAKE THAT!

Edit: Or Matt could be the answer, in which case he doesn't like chemistry because he likes biology/animals.
(Jul. 13, 2009  10:54 PM)asterisk93 Wrote: Well, I gave it a shot...

Chemistry is a very technical subject and deals with meticulous detail eg: combining precise amounts of substances, calculations, etc. It could be said that chemistry is more of a factual subject than say, philosophy. Somebody who was fond of chemistry would most likely be a rather analytical and calculating person, someone also fond of math, etc.

It could depend on who "you" are in this riddle.
If you were the guy: The guy seems to be a rather broad thinker, and by asking what a zebra is, he could be asking Whether a zebra is black with white stripes or white with black stripes, or could be asking about whether a zebra is or is not a horse. So either this person is curious and would rather ask somebody than find out for himself, or he just blatantly has no idea what a zebra is. In today's world, you have to be rather ignorant to no know that a zebra is an animal, so this could point to him not really being into chemistry.

If you were Jim: you probably don't like chemistry very much because you didn't ask for clarification... or somthing.

I just scrolled up and now my train of thought shifted, sorry

(The rest...)

[Image: weirdf.gif]

Wow...just wow Chocked_2

That's going a lot into details...
^Sorry Pinching_eyes_2

That animation is pretty epic imo

Edit: I just love riddles lol.

Needed an excuse to use my brain this summer.