Libra Re-instatement Discussion

Other results, other results. Not that those are not valid, obviously.
I don't participate much in the community, but have some questions to ask

1) I've noticed that the attack metagame has evolved significantly since summer of last year, am I correct? This observation is the success of heavy attackers.

2)What percentage of tournaments held this year were won by attack types? Please state the regions as well.

3) The defense metagame has seen not seen much improvement over a long period of time, right? There is a lack of good wheels to make a larger variety of combos.

If I am correct on my assumptions for my first point, and attack types have been dominating tournaments consistently, overpowering all other types (stamina and defense) then there is a valid case to allow Libra back into tournaments.

I recall stating as a mod that if the metagame evolves to a point that Libra was no longer deemed to be too overpowered then allowing Libra back into the whole meta-game was a fair thing to do. If however allowing it back into the metagame brought on a string of tourney's where all winning combos consisted of Libra then obviously it would need to be banned again.

To summarize; if it really is no longer that powerful, then you might as well let it back. However I'm not fully versed in today's metagame so take my analysis for what it's worth.
For some reason Attack types have apparently only been dominating considerably in Italy, no where else. As far as I remember, not even in one of the Toronto tournaments.

I forgot Kei somehow ...
(Aug. 19, 2010  1:54 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Other results, other results. Not that those are not valid, obviously.

Repeated my results vs. the same combo with CH120 (145 Height)
(With 1 double KO)

EDIT: Trying 90 next, will do 20 rounds.
(Aug. 19, 2010  1:56 AM)Khel Wrote: 1) I've noticed that the attack metagame has evolved significantly since summer of last year, am I correct? This observation is the success of heavy attackers.

I would say, yes.

(Aug. 19, 2010  1:56 AM)Khel Wrote: 2)What percentage of tournaments held this year were won by attack types? Please state the regions as well.

In Toronto in the last month or so:
HPT2: Stamina wins. (Virgo DF145SD)
Bey Fray: Stamina wins. (Burn Bull 145SD)
BoG: Attack wins. (MF LDrago 100WF)

EDIT: I figured I might as well include second place too, since I can still remember them.
HPT2: Ray Pegasis II 100RF
Fray: Flame Bull DF145SD
BoG: MF Earth Bull R145WB

Only one Defense combo in the lot.

(Aug. 19, 2010  1:56 AM)Khel Wrote: 3) The defense metagame has seen not seen much improvement over a long period of time, right? There is a lack of good wheels to make a larger variety of combos.

More or less correct. RS is a new bottom that probably has Defense properties, but no one has really tested it yet.
(Aug. 19, 2010  2:02 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: In Toronto in the last month or so:
HPT2: Stamina wins. (Virgo DF145SD)
Bey Fray: Stamina wins. (Burn Bull 145SD)
BoG: Attack wins. (MF LDrago 100WF)

HPT2: It should be noted that I used Ray Pegasis II 100RF against Virgo during the HPT2 finals, and despite achieving a decent flower pattern (as opposed to the RF disaster at BRC lol), he was still luckily able to pull out the victory.

Bey Fray: Should be noted that the Balance Stadium was chosen for the finals of Bey Fray ... not something I would recommend.

Beys of Glory: Yes, MF L Drago 100WF is technically an "attack" Beyblade, but it's more of a pseudo-attacker in my mind. It can score KOs, surely, but that is not what it was designed to do, and shouldn't usually win that way. And, it should be noted that I defeated kool-kid's Defense combo in our previous match (it was during one of the round robins to decide who would face in the finals), but that time with MF Pegasis 145RF.

Attack is not dominating Toronto area tournaments at the moment. It's seen more use lately, from what I can tell, but even then it's use is minimal and not always successful.

edit: Daegor, noticed you edited your post. As mentioned above, it was Ray Pegasis II 100RF that I used in the HPT2 finals, not MF L Drago 100WF.
MF Leone 145RF vs. MF Earth Bull 90WB
Leone nets 6 KO's, Earth Bull gets 2 KO's and 3 OS's (no idea why I did 11 rounds...)

So I figured it was the obscenely high track vs. the low defense combo.

MF Leone 100RF vs. MF Earth Bull 90WB
Leone gets 8 KO's, Earth Bull gets 2 OS's
Still Awful

The only thing I can think of doing with defense is picking a low defender and hoping for people to get confused and maybe pick taller combos.
(Aug. 19, 2010  2:17 AM)Kei Wrote: edit: Daegor, noticed you edited your post. As mentioned above, it was Ray Pegasis II 100RF that I used in the HPT2 finals, not MF L Drago 100WF.

Wazzo wazzo. Got confused.
(Aug. 18, 2010  11:31 AM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2010  8:15 AM)Fyuuor Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2010  4:39 AM)Kai-V Wrote: So who owns a Libra here already. I thought Mc Frown had just gotten into Metal Fight Beyblade, and I do not memorise people's collection ...
I've got a couple, bought 2 off of ebay for $10 including shipping, bargain! Grin

Gasp

When was this?

I've only got 1 that I use, and a few others for collection.

Also Fyuuor's got these results:

MF Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) 100R2F VS MF Libra GB145WB
15 - 5: Lightning’s win rate 75%

MF Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) 100R2F VS MF Libra R145WB
14- 6 Lightning’s win rate 70%

MF Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) 100R2F VS MF Libra C145WB
14- 6 Lightning’s win rate 70%
Probbably about 6 - 8 months ago, I bought one for 1US cent and the other for 6, while paying $4.95 each for postage, not sure who the seller was but they were proper Libra booster packs Eee
I've actually changed my opinion, and I'm in favour of re-instating the Libra wheel. Win rates really are far too low at the moment, however if Libra wheel dominates again would it be okay to have a condition that those using Libra may not use MF-H?
(Aug. 19, 2010  2:56 PM)momiji manju Wrote: I've actually changed my opinion, and I'm in favour of re-instating the Libra wheel. Win rates really are far too low at the moment, however if Libra wheel dominates again would it be okay to have a condition that those using Libra may not use MF-H?

I think it should be reintroduced with a weight limit first because, though there are new combos that can beat it quite easily, not many people will use them, imo, and will go with a random attack one that will be unlikely to beat MF Libra R/GB145WB/RS. Also, I think if there's a full reintroduction, if there were to be future restraints placed on it, I'd think it'd be the start of a slippery slope again.
It's like we went back in time!

It's hard to do weight limits... It's much easier to ban one part... I'm thinking that because attack types are getting better that we could maybe take a look into this though.... That's with a grain of salt though. I think we still need further progress in the metagame.... Maybe like 1 year of play and new parts?

I mean keeping it banned isn't really a big deal because it's not like they are making anymore of them... That's the other problem is that it is such a good part and in such low supply which is technically dwindling. Not that I'm saying we should ban anything that might be hard for people to get their hands on though...

That and I kinda like how you use different wheels for each type now instead of just Libra for everything except attack...
If we did unban in though I doubt anyone would use it for anything other than defence since there are better wheels for stamina now like burn.
tbh I doubt it needs a limit.
Before we attempt to apply restrctions to the wheel, hows about someone tests it with all these new parts?
Such as MF-H Libra GB145WB/RS etc.
Not many people have all of those so I think we'll be waiting for a while.
So I was just reading the Libra article on beywiki and came across this:
"in December 2009 after countless tournaments were won, most through simply the use of a Libra-based custom such as MF Libra C145WB, and seeing that the then new RF, the one part that could stand up to these customizations was difficult to control"
I cannot stress this enough. RF being hard to control should not have anything to do with the decision of banning Libra. First of all, it isn't that hard to control. If you can't control it, then practice your launching technique. Blader skill should not be accounted for when determining if a part breaks the game or not. RF cannot be any more hard to control than Rubber Flat Ultimate Version. There are people in this community that CAN control RF, so others not being able to is a matter of neglecting practice.

Also, someone bumped an old thread that caught my attention:

(Aug. 24, 2009  8:06 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: CH120 just keeps getting love ...

This is G's last night here and we were trying some stuff out. Examining Lightning, it occurred to me: Lightning had returned poor results because we are using it in the way we expect Attack-type Wheels will work, which is generally via Upper. However, to get the most Smash, Lightning should be just slightly above the opposing Bey. This combo throws MF Libra C145B around like it's a Light Wheel Beyblade. Try it out. For best results, use CH120 at a similar level of height to the opposing Track.
To be fair it says B, but I agree.
The RF thing bugged me too, never pointed it out.
(Especially since CH120RF was part of the reason for banning it)
True, but I don't imagine that WB would fair a great amount better. Actually, scratch that. Testing should be done before saying such things. I don't have the necessary parts though. I really need to do some bey shopping.
Also, another reason (that I don't agree with) for banning Libra is because using a weight restriction would be too much to moderate at tournaments.

I just looked at the MFB parts weight list: http://homepage3.nifty.com/hind/sub10-3.htm
Even with with Metal Face and the heaviest track and bottom combination possible, there are only two wheels that would make a beyblade combo go over the 47g limit. That does not seem so hard to manage.
(Aug. 24, 2010  5:26 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I just looked at the MFB parts weight list: http://homepage3.nifty.com/hind/sub10-3.htm
Even with with Metal Face and the heaviest track and bottom combination possible, there are only two wheels that would make a beyblade combo go over the 47g limit. That does not seem so hard to manage.

Wouldn't mold variations change this?
How significantly does the mold change affect the weight of the part?
(Aug. 28, 2010  6:37 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: How significantly does the mold change affect the weight of the part?

I believe Hasbro's Cancer clear wheel had 2.5 over our heaviest clear wheel Bull and that list is quite old there are a few wheels missing. Including Infinity, Thermal, Gravity, and Ray.
The hasbro blades are made with better materials so they are heavier than the takara versions
(Aug. 28, 2010  2:33 PM)megablader2 Wrote: The hasbro blades are made with better materials so they are heavier than the takara versions

what i have to deny that takara is way better maker it actually has the original ones but hasbro do make good blades on libra
What does that have with libra? Also you should write better, I bearly understood what you said.
Just saying:
i tried
MF Libra GB145 WB
it almost weights like me, lmao.
Still, i can still obtain good results with attack combinations.

about stamina, there are burn,thermal,earth,pisces and most of all virgo that can be competitive against libra...

so yeah i don't see libra as something broken.
i don't really even think that the weight is an issue, i mean, it's still something you can beat even when over the maximum allowed weight.