Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average

Letter to Hasbro President Brian Goldner
Odin

Time to be creative.
Anniversary Face 2012Ketos Face
(This post was last modified: Feb 01 2011 02:01 AM by Odin.)
Okay, so for my English class, I have to write a letter to someone, asking for them to do something, so I naturally thought, "Hey, I read that Peagasus Thunder Whip thread, I might as well write to Hasbro!" I have a near-final copy, but I wanted some advice from actual Beybladers, not a writing coach. Would people please comment on it?
(Name and address withheld for security)
Thank you! (Click to View)

[Image: 214qp1w.gif]
Otaku Space | Signature by Medz | YouTube
(Jan 19 2012 04:28 PM)Kai-V Wrote:  I am a genius with powers from out of this world.
Feb 01 2011 01:56 AM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Ga'

Pierce the heavens!
BeyRank: #187 (1,244)
Antique FaceRose Gold FaceQuetzalcoatl Face IISilver FaceAmber FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago FaceWBBA Caesar FaceByxis FaceSilver FaceDJ FaceBronze FaceEmerald FaceGold FaceTrypio FaceSilver FaceAnniversary Face 2013WBBA L Drago Face

Ummm, don't the hasbro people just give an automated response saying Thank you for your time, describe how great they are, and not actually bother to read the letter? And I don't think that it is a good idea to list the actual beyblades' names, just call them by their types. And I recommend not mentioning Quetz at all, just say Storm Peg. and LL Drago because they know what it is.

"In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations. The new needs friends. Last night, I experienced something new: an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto, "Anyone can cook." But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere."

-Anton Ego/Peter O'Toole (1932-2013)
Feb 01 2011 02:07 AM
Away Find all posts by this user
Minidona

VIVA PUERTO RICO

It looks very good.

[Image: Brielyranger.png]
Click the sig to go to my lego forum.
[Image: BBBBBBB-1.png]
Thanks TFW for the userbar!
Feb 01 2011 02:12 AM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Giraton

C.F Vanguard!
BeyRank: #181 (1,251)
Face of Days IIEmerald FaceBronze FaceSapphire FaceAquila FaceFace of Days IIISilver FaceFox FaceNemesis FaceJupiter FaceFox FaceBronze Face

they will only scan the letter to see if it's feed back or important information, if it's feed back they don't read much and send an automated response unless there is thousands and thousands of letters at a time with the same point, then they could do something little. thats what i think they do.

For beyblade, cardfight vanguard, pokemon, etc, vids, look at my youtube page here: http://www.youtube.com/user/giraton1/videos
For anime reviews, check out this channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Giratonsreviews/videos
I'm in the beyblades podcast, check out here:
The Unofficial Beyblade Podcast
Leader of The Immortals Beyblade team.
Feb 01 2011 02:13 AM

I would send that defenatly
Feb 01 2011 02:17 AM
Gearfried97

Sabre Pokemon

question: does Hasbro know what the Sliding Shoot is? maybe if they dont know what it is, explain it a bit? /mytwocents

otherwise its a good letter :D

[Image: TrainerCard.png]
Feb 01 2011 02:20 AM
BeybladeStation

SNAP BACK TO REALITY
BeyRank: #325 (1,178)
Antique FaceGold FaceSilver Face

This is VERY Good. But may I say something? The people at Hasbro could care less. I just wanna say that the beyblade terms in the letter will not be familiar. He is the executive, not the guy who makes them. And they'll probably send you an automated call or something like that.

But GREAT letter!

[Image: olz5u.png]
Feb 01 2011 02:22 AM
Away Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY
BeyRank: #531 (1,116)
Lapis Lazuli FacePeridot FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAries FaceDJ FaceDranzer FaceAmber FaceDragoon FaceDriger FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceAmethyst FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceWolborg FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceHerculeo FaceHerculeo FaceAnubis FaceRose Gold FaceFace of Days IIIL Drago FaceCrown FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II FaceDark Leopard FaceSamurai Changer FaceDragoon II FaceNemesis FaceFox FaceBloody Devil FaceAnniversary Face 2012Face of RevolutionRound Shell FacePhantom Fox I FaceAero Knight FaceFace of Days IVPhantom Fox I FaceRound Shell FacePhantom Fox III FaceSlash Riger FaceMagical Ape FaceSlash Riger FaceShining God FaceAnniversary Face 2013Bronze FaceEternal Passport FaceFace of Days VEmerald Face

If it is a written evaluation like those we had in my French courses, the letters are addressed to someone but they never get sent to that person ... It is just for the students to visualise who they are writing to, so they write formally, etc. We wrote letters to the prime ministers ...

[Image: UeGedi8.png]
BEYBLADE SPIRIT l The Cover's Book | Kai-Zer l BEYUNION
ベイブレード
There were lines under his eyes so dark she wondered if they were actually done with makeup. Like he hadn't slept in days - no, like he had never slept in his life. Like his sense of justice would not allow him to sleep, since he had so many difficult cases to think about, battling unfathomable pressure on a daily basis.
Feb 01 2011 02:31 AM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
ƛnubis

ARLARLARLARLARLARLAR
BeyRank: #950 (1,055)
Face of Days IICancer Face

well then he can print out 2 and give one to the teacher and send the other. i also had to write one to the govener of florda
Feb 01 2011 02:35 AM
BeyPhilosopher

Changing A lot
(This post was last modified: Feb 02 2011 02:52 AM by BeyPhilosopher.)
This could work, if you send it to the Hasbro Beyblade distributors.

But in the end, this wouldn't work at all, thus meaning you wasted your time, thus meaning you took minutes of your live, thus making this a fail.

SORRY FOR THE PESSIMISM.

Which era of me do you like the best?

Shinigami King _ Nonsense King _ Bey Philosopher _ Melancholy _ KidJSoul_BeyPhilosoper (The one right now)

PM me.
Feb 02 2011 02:51 AM
BillyBlast

METEO BD145RDF OP 0G
BeyRank: #16 (1,549)
Aquila FaceFace of Days IICancer FaceBlaze FaceBull FaceEmerald FaceBronze FaceSapphire FaceDJ FaceRose Gold FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIIGold FaceBronze FaceGold FaceGold FaceFace of RevolutionRuby FaceL Drago FaceGold FaceKerbecs FaceGold FaceAquario FaceCapricorne FacePassport FaceGiraffe Face

i hope this works probaly wont dont forget to tell them off about thweir cheap string launchers horrible rip cords hard to get off face bolts and broken h145 !!!! give them a good yell for me

1st Place Beyblade Colosseum
1st Place Five Fists Beyday (Maryland Beyday 2012)
25 Tournaments Attended: 9 Placed In
Tournament List
Feb 02 2011 02:54 AM

This could be great and it might actually give attack types a chance in Hasbro stadiums!
Feb 02 2011 02:58 AM
Sparta

That author guy
Rose Gold FaceDranzer FaceBloody Devil Face

(Feb 02 2011 02:51 AM)Sequoia Wrote:  This could work, if you send it to the Hasbro Beyblade distributors.

But in the end, this wouldn't work at all, thus meaning you wasted your time, thus meaning you took minutes of your live, thus making this a fail.

SORRY FOR THE PESSIMISM.
Big fat lol.

I once made a long essay like this and wrote to hasbro. I put tons of effort into using the most complex and advanced vocabulary I could use, and the letter was from the heart. You know how they replied to a months worth of effort- 3 months later?

Thank you for writing to hasbro. We at Hasbro are dedicated to supporting our customers. If you ever have comments or concerns about our products, contact us!

Thank You

IT WAS SO MEAN! They basically said $@#% off! So send this, but don't be surprised if a while later they rip your heart out Unhappy. Just like they ripped mine Unhappy.

[Image: eminemsignew.png]
"Life isn't about how hard you can hit;
it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward"

{[YT]} [|BEYBLOG|] (◊SoG-My Book◊)/<DA>\
Feb 02 2011 03:00 AM
BeyPhilosopher

Changing A lot
(This post was last modified: Feb 02 2011 03:11 AM by BeyPhilosopher.)
(Feb 02 2011 02:58 AM)DarkLight Wrote:  This could be great and it might actually give attack types a chance in Hasbro stadiums!

That's what players mainly complain about, and in fact, one of the main points of the thread.

People should just read this and sing along if they know the lyrics.
A Beatles Tribute. (Click to View)

Which era of me do you like the best?

Shinigami King _ Nonsense King _ Bey Philosopher _ Melancholy _ KidJSoul_BeyPhilosoper (The one right now)

PM me.
Feb 02 2011 03:10 AM
omegazero

i laugh at you haha

this is just like the save our stadiums thread.but send it hasbro needs to learn that japan beats us at every thing this time we sould defeat japan at least at one thing i mean beyblad is pretty big every time i go to walmart the beyblades section only has a few storm peg and bull.im pretty sure they wont read this but it is atleast a attempt.(i hope they change stadiums my mom wont buy me a attack stadium)

[Image: Screenshot2011-06-14at35926PM.png]
Feb 02 2011 03:18 AM
Amaterasu

Bye
Antique Face

(Feb 02 2011 03:18 AM)bladerxack8522 Wrote:  this is just like the save our stadiums thread.but send it hasbro needs to learn that japan beats us at every thing this time we sould defeat japan at least at one thing i mean beyblad is pretty big every time i go to walmart the beyblades section only has a few storm peg and bull.im pretty sure they wont read this but it is atleast a attempt.(i hope they change stadiums my mom wont buy me a attack stadium)

Proof?and america has defeated japan once in ww1. Any way nice letter

[Image: 40406745.png] NIGHT IS AWESOME SAUCE.
click for funny stuff
Feb 06 2011 12:33 AM
omegazero

i laugh at you haha

i mean toy ways beat them.

[Image: Screenshot2011-06-14at35926PM.png]
Feb 06 2011 12:35 AM
toatanu

Tempest Eye Strike!
(This post was last modified: Feb 06 2011 12:49 AM by toatanu.)
I can't see my picture...

It's kinda funny, I never thought I'd see what you were referring to in the permission PM...

[Image: bakushin_capricorn_signature.png]
Yeah I recustomized again... Bakushin Capricorn WD145LF this time.
Feb 06 2011 12:37 AM
Dan

WORLDWAR2CHAINZ
BeyRank: #378 (1,156)
Antique FaceDJ FaceAmber FaceAnubis FaceWolborg FaceLapis Lazuli FaceAlexandrite Face

Pretty sure this won't work, unless you send the letter to the people who run or create ideas in the actual Hasbro BBProject. Brian won't even get to read it, even if you knew him and gave it to him in person, he could care less.

[Image: dansignature21.gif]
shout out 2 kai-v
Feb 06 2011 12:38 AM