Lego 10" Atari Machine [Project is being designed] I need YOUR help!

Hey guys! I've always been a retro gamer, and now, I am going to build a Atari portable game! Out of legos! And you can help me; I'm no carpenter. Ive already worked out a concept.

Controller/system:
http://www.amazon.com/At-Games-ATARI-Fla...d_sim_vg_1
A plug-in-and-play. A simple controller compatible with the TV.
The system is 9.5 inches.

Television:
http://www.amazon.com/Viore-PLC7V95-7-In...B0029U2WNC
The screen is 7", and the overall size is 9.9" in length.

I will buy a lot, I mean, a lot, of Legos to build this, but I don't think it will take too many.

My insparation:
http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-...de-machine

Can anyone give me design ideas, blueprints, and help me work out the dementions and design concept? All I can think of is a controller in a bot with a Tv in it!
Update! The console will be closed in an arcade cabinet like structure made of legos!
-Yukio

Thanks!
I love this idea! I definitely think a smaller screen would be better, but hey, the Atari 2600 was huge when you think of how much stuff was in it compared to modern systems! I think that if you can't get a smaller screen, it'd be really cool if you modeled the bottom part where the controller goes similar to the Atari 2600. Even the back. If it's possible though.

What I would do, is try to encase the TV as tightly as possible (so, minimal wiggling but enough space necessary to plug everything in), then do the same for the controller and have the controller underneath the TV, I'd say just and inch or two, enough to plug everything in. I'd also put it halfway left to right?

If the TV and controller work together without any casing, I think the case will be relatively simple, unless you do want to get cool with the design.

Good luck!
Thanks! I finally get someone who thinks itz kinda cool. All I need is a smaller screen. Its hard to make it portable when the screen is so large, as well as the case. But I guess it'll be simple. I loved the Atari, even though when I wasn't born when it came out. All I want is to make it smaller. And yes, it was gigantic back then.
No problem! Yeah I don't think it will be pocket-sized, but I do think you can still make a pretty darn cool portable Atari.
Very clever idea, looking forward to it. Smile

My experience with those Atary keychains were horrible, IMO. They worked about once and fried after plugging them in again. Batteries intact and everything. Ugh. I have myself a real Junior 2600 now.
Yes, and there is also a Plug and Play known as the Atari Flashback 2 based on legit hardware and Joysticks- tiny cute little mini 2600, I emphasize the second one because the first is a carpy NES on a chip.

Yes, the board is incredibly small and hackable as well.
I know that one! But what about the third one? Its cheaper, and I think its smaller.
Oh yes, Flackback 3 has more games and can still be hacked to support a Cartridge slot.
Nice. Ill put that one on the OP now instead. And, do you have any suggestions for small TVs I should use, or is the one I have in the OP good enough?
Hmm, I've been away from the hacking research lately I think a portable TV around that size can be optimal- choose carefully though. Benjamin Heckendorn makes it look easy and I've screwed things up because.

I wonder if Radioshack has anything as of now....
I think if the screen stays 7" then the full sized Atari controllers would be a good size.
Okay. Thanks for all the help, guys! I really appreciate it. More suggestions? Cute
Edit: Do you mean the joystick?
I love this idea! I can't wait to see the finished product, haha.
I cant too! X]

But does anyone else have reviews for the Atari keychain model? Its small, which is good, as well as cheap. Ive heard it breaking a lot, but what about when its working?
Sorry, double postin'.
Does anyone know the dimensions for the Atari Flashback 3 controllers? I need it for the blueprint. Thanks!