It's here: THE BEYPOINT SYSTEM IS BACK!

It’s here, finally!

The Beypoint System is back, and better than ever! For those who are new to this, the Beypoint System is a ranking program that records all the Beypoints that people got from their matches, and puts those scores in ranks so Bladers can compare their performance with other Beybladers all around the world! Every member starts with 1000 Beypoints; as battles are recorded and entered in the program by the Committee, Beypoints are exchanged between each Blader depending on their current amount of points, so they can either gain or lose Beypoints everytime they had a match.

But now, the Beypoint System has been thoroughly improved: before, many users had been abusing the system by submitting fake battles and creating multiple accounts. Unfortunately the only way to make sure that the system is absolutely clean and that there is no cheating is to restrict the kind of battles that can be submitted to the Beypoint System. Therefore, only matches from official tournaments approved by the World Beyblade Organization Committee will be accepted. This way, everything will be recorded well, and we will be sure that only deserving Bladers can get Beypoints.

Moreover, it’s a subtle change, but you should notice that the number of Beypoints getting added or taken from a member’s amount at every match will be a lot fairer: the Beypoint System now takes more into consideration the amount of Beypoints the opponents have. For instance, if a Beyblader had 1054 Beypoints and defeated somebody with only 905 in a beybattle, he will not gain as much as if he had beaten a person who was at 1167. This was not necessarily well implemented in the previous Beypoint System.

We also officially announce that the Libra Wheel is now banned from play in tournaments. Its repetitive use made the game more boring and strategies revolved almost solely on defeating Beyblades using that Wheel. Now playing Beyblade should be much more fun for everybody, and parts that were initially dismissed will find new use in good combinations!

It has come to our attention as well that TAKARA-TOMY's Beystadiums can be asymmetrical, and therefore might give a slight unfair advantage to the Beyblader who has a bigger portion of walls in front of his launch. For players using such techniques as Sliding Shoot, this can particularly make a difference. To aid in giving both players the best advantage, we will institute a new rule: the BeyStadium cannot be touched before, during or after battles. It is then the players' responsibility to position themselves in the way they prefer, as long as both Bladers are adjacent to each other. We hope all of your Beybattles will take place in harmony.

These changes have been added to the release 2 of the rulebooks :
Universal Rules
Standard Rules

As can be seen, some BeyStadiums have also been made illegal for the Standard Format due to their odd environment for competitive play, however we also wanted to give a fair amount of available stadiums. Now, only the Attack, Balance and Super Attack BeyStadiums can be used in the Standard Format.

Guess what: that’s really not all!

For the past months, we have been preparing this awesome campaign which we baptized “Quest for Quetz”! Ooh, excited yet? You should be!

The whole campaign revolves around a race to the finishing prize: Quetzalcoatl 90WF! However, this will of course be a very difficult task, so we added several smaller prizes all along the road, but all of them are limited! You will need to collect a certain amount of Credits to be able to exchange them for one of the prizes, and Credits will only be obtainable at tournaments, at least for the moment. How, do you ask? Credits will be awarded quite simply like this:

For getting the 1st place in a tournament: +3
For getting the 2nd place in a tournament: +2
For getting the 3rd place in a tournament: +1
For winning the majority of your matches: +1
Organising a tournament: +1
Participating in a tournament: +1

And Credits add up within a same event: for example, even if a Blader who comes first at the event will have most likely won the majority of their matches, both amount of Credits are added up, as well as the one for participating in the tournament.

Now, what are the prizes?

For 20 Credits: Quetzalcoatl 90WF + Prize Hunter Face
For 15 Credits: Starter Beyblade + Prize Hunter Face
For 12 Credits: Booster Beyblade
For 9 Credits: Random Booster Light Vol. 3
For 6 Credits: A Mystery Prize~
For 3 Credits: Face Booster DIAMOND

Yes, we’re introducing a whole new Face Booster just for this campaign! Also, what is that Mystery Prize?!

Prize Hunter Face [Image: prizehunterface.png] Face Booster DIAMOND [Image: faceboosterdiamond.png]

For the Starters, we currently have: Storm Pegasis 105RF, Earth Aquila 145WD, Lightning L Drago 100HF, Dark Wolf DF145FS. As for Boosters: Dark Bull H145SD, Flame Libra T125ES, Dark Cancer CH120SF.

Some of those prizes are not totally unique, but they are limited, as was mentioned. The first World Beyblader to get enough Credits for a certain prize and to officially exchange them for that prize will probably get the only one we have, so only the other prizes not yet taken will remain! Of course, however, the Face Booster DIAMOND is unlimited as long as this campaign has not ended, so you could get several of them; every time, you would lose 3 Credits though.

All of this makes competitive play heat up even more! Hurry, beybattle with all your heart and might!

Let's also applaud theflightyellz's promotion to the Committee!
I was a little scared when the server went down but It came back up with a couple new additions starting with Ellz being a Comittee.
Nice update! Good to see the Beypoint system is back. This 'Quest for Quetz' sounds like a really good insentive, should attract some more people to tournaments. Also welldone Ellz on the promotion.
Woah!Thanks for the updates wbo! Grin
Sick.

PS. Quest for Quetz was a campaign I planned shortly before I left the WBO, I've passed it along to these guys and am donating 2x Quetzalcoatl towards the cause. Good luck, Bladers!
I'm so happy this update was made especially with the new Q4Q game, it will definitely encourage more people to join the WBO.
The credits are actually pretty cool. nice idea. I even wanted to give it a try.
Even though the chance of me going to a tournament it 0 v.v
Amazing, was starting to wonder if this would ever be released. Brilliant ideas from both Brad and the committee. So annoyed that I'm missing the Beyparty tournament now Unhappy
Nice to see the new beypoint system! The credit prizes are also really cool.

I'm glad the Libra wheel was banned. The game should be more balanced now.
So we're all starting back at a base of 1,000 again, or do our old points from last year's tournaments still count?

Q4Q is going to be pretty cool, and makes me think I should throw some tournaments this summer. If you participate in your own tournament, do you get points for throwing it, and for your score?

(the rule book pdf's aren't there...)
I'm not up to date on stadium names, once Hasbro releases their stuff, will all the hasbro "BMF" stadiums be tournament legal? Or any of the older stadiums for that matter?
Nice. Glad to see the new beypoint system. unfortunately i won't be able to compete in any tourneys. any how, good luck to those of you who are going to participate Grin . and congrats theflightyellz , glad to see you a part of the committee Smile
(May. 05, 2010  6:33 PM)Minion Wrote: So we're all starting back at a base of 1,000 again, or do our old points from last year's tournaments still count?
We do not have the previous Beypoints anymore, so we could not add them back if we could. With so many upcoming tournaments around the world, we will probably just start from there, and Beyblade Metal Fusion's release will probably help produce more events.

Minion Wrote:Q4Q is going to be pretty cool, and makes me think I should throw some tournaments this summer. If you participate in your own tournament, do you get points for throwing it, and for your score?
1 for participating + 1 for organizing + however well you played. From what I understood anyway. The Committee will have the math problems, hah.

Minion Wrote:(the rule book pdf's aren't there...)
Ah, I had forgotten that I changed the file names ... Thank you for telling me.

Minion Wrote:I'm not up to date on stadium names, once Hasbro releases their stuff, will all the hasbro "BMF" stadiums be tournament legal? Or any of the older stadiums for that matter?
Hasbro's new stadiums will need to be thoroughly tested to see how competitive play is with them. Otherwise, older stadiums should not be added, no.
This is great news plus congrats to ellz! Also we was told that the scores and battles from events after the beypoint system was removed would still count when it was up and running again, is this still the case and if so i still have to score sheets from Never Mind the Beyblade. Who would be the best person to send them to? I will scan them or take a picture if nessesary to avoid acusations of me changing anything.
IMO the scores should be restarted after such a long period of inactivity, and it would be good to coincide the "launch" of the rankings with the launch of MFB worldwide.
Will the mystery prize be something random entirely? or will it be something on the list,just chosen randomly.
It's great to see all of this finally come to fruition! The entire committee has been working so hard on this for months, so I hope you all take advantage of what we're offering! The game is certainly better today than it was yesterday.

(May. 05, 2010  9:18 PM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Will the mystery prize be something random entirely? or will it be something on the list,just chosen randomly.

We have an assortment of prizes separate from the rest for the "Mystery Prize"; if you chose that, you would get a randomly selected prize from that assortment.
Awesome job, guys. This is an awesome campaign for sure! C:

Congratz, flight. C:
Wow. This is great! This will definitely get more people to join.

And I don't need this Quetz, I already have one. Thanks ♥! That $79 was well worth it!
Thanks for all the congratulations guys Grin
Fingers crossed that you'll all enjoy the new campaign, and the game should be a lot more varied with the new rule changes.
Hope to see you all taking part in Beyday events to get the most from the new system ^ ^
Nice to see this back up. Smile

PS. while the new system doesn't look all that fancy to users, it's a TON better behind the scenes. Everything was re-done, and now allows the committee to process points in a more efficient manner.
can only get beypoints in tornements ;.; im gonna have to wait quite awhile till actully get to use it since theres only one blader who lives close to me,ahwell congrats ellz and good luck to everyone with the Q4Q thing
(May. 06, 2010  12:21 AM)Dirge Wrote: can only get beypoints in tornements ;.; im gonna have to wait quite awhile till actully get to use it since theres only one blader who lives close to me
We understand it is very unfortunate for people in your situation, however that was really the only way members could cheat, and it became irritating after a while. Hopefully Beyblade Metal Fusion will make other bladers appear in your area.
to win beypoints do u have to go to real tourneys? if so that sucks for me cause i can't go to any Uncertain
(May. 06, 2010  12:29 AM)sicat27 Wrote: to win beypoints do u have to go to real tourneys? if so that sucks for me cause i can't go to any Uncertain
Yes, tournaments that the Committee has approved.

Where do you live ? Perhaps Beyblade Metal Fusion will allow you to attend one eventually.
yeah i know its very fair,since its probley only a small number of people who wont be able to go to tornements and you guys have to do whats best for the majority.Ill probley find playing catch up with the beypoints alot more fun anyway xD