Homemade Beyblades

[/quote]I think the alluminium sheet is about one millimeter thick

Perhaps you should ask first, before making assumptions, as the aluminium is 3.94 millimeters thick. I measured it with a micrometer just now. Thats more or less the same thickness as a standard weight disk, which it needs to be eh? Or else it'll have no weight to it and will be a well sloppy fit.

But yeah, I can sorta see where your coming from now. If you thought the blade was a milimeter thick. The shape of the point itself isn't all that blunt, but the 4 mil thickness is what dampens it. Even so, at 1 milimeter it would be too light to hold it's momentum, and therefore wouldn't hurt your finger anyway.
... why can't I get this quote box thing to work properly!
Im not eaven a Beyblade fan,but i used to play alot when i was 12 or 13 something like that,i always tuned my spinners with a few screws or magnets,and owned everyone.
But would be massive,is a tournament of homemade Beyblades,with weight class i think,and lets say the entering fee is 20$ and the winner gets it all? lets say there are 50 people in the tournament so,the winner would get 1000$ ?Grin

it was just a idea.
in ancient japan there was a gambling game like this,but whos spinner spinns longer,and it was a mens gameGrin

Gasp
(Dec. 02, 2009  5:32 PM)JaanOlen Wrote: Im not eaven a Beyblade fan,but i used to play alot when i was 12 or 13 something like that,i always tuned my spinners with a few screws or magnets,and owned everyone.
But would be massive,is a tournament of homemade Beyblades,with weight class i think,and lets say the entering fee is 20$ and the winner gets it all? lets say there are 50 people in the tournament so,the winner would get 1000$ ?Grin

it was just a idea.
in ancient japan there was a gambling game like this,but whos spinner spinns longer,and it was a mens gameGrin

Gasp

KEEN ^^ lol, but it would probably cost me over a 1000 to fly out to where ever the tournaments happening.
(Dec. 03, 2009  5:45 AM)Keith Moon Wrote: KEEN ^^ lol, but it would probably cost me over a 1000 to fly out to where ever the tournaments happening.

Eee im not eaven from usaGrin but maybe 1 tournament in the North capital New york?or something And 1 in south miami or whateverGrin and maybe later europe.
i think there would be more than 100 players.
in japan there would be like 1000+ people Lips_sealed
but yeah.
i still think its a great idea.
just need some sponsors and .Do-Did-Done
(Dec. 04, 2009  1:57 PM)JaanOlen Wrote: Eee im not eaven from usaGrin but maybe 1 tournament in the North capital New york?or something And 1 in south miami or whateverGrin and maybe later europe.
i think there would be more than 100 players.
in japan there would be like 1000+ people Lips_sealed
but yeah.
i still think its a great idea.
just need some sponsors and .Do-Did-Done

I live in New Zealand, unfortunately, which is a crappy little country somewhere in the pacific ocean.. So the states is a long way away for me, although, the furthur I am away from there the better lol.
I don't really think many people would have the knowledge or equipment to make or modify beyblades to a competitive standard, let alone 100.. It's a cool idea alright, but who would want to sponsor this?
(Dec. 04, 2009  10:33 PM)Keith Moon Wrote: I live in New Zealand, unfortunately, which is a crappy little country somewhere in the pacific ocean.. So the states is a long way away for me, although, the furthur I am away from there the better lol.
I don't really think many people would have the knowledge or equipment to make or modify beyblades to a competitive standard, let alone 100.. It's a cool idea alright, but who would want to sponsor this?

you think your badly off

New Zealand — Area: 268,021 SQ KM
Dominica — Area: 754 SQ KM
You are all really off topic and spamming. You both have warnings and Keith we have a word filter for a reason. Bypassing that is an infraction on itself.
Homemade Beyblade tournament,is it really so off topic??
but i think tournament should be more ˇˇundergroundˇˇ no sponsors.
Lol ,i already talked to a few buddys and they areny eaven Beyblade fans they just used to wach it when they were kids,
but they said they would do it if there would be 100+ players. and fee of 100$ they said its better cambling idea than horse riding
lol
(Dec. 15, 2009  6:01 AM)Keith Moon Wrote: Tellah, fuuck off.

relax im was just saying you have it better than me i wasnt insulting you or nothing
dont you wish your country sucked hard like mine
i think homemade beyblades is a growing art and it should be incouraged to show off the incredible ability people have now a days, especialy when they win
(Dec. 15, 2009  3:55 PM)Tellah Wrote: relax im was just saying you have it better than me i wasnt insulting you or nothing
dont you wish your country sucked hard like mine

Oh, I thought Dominica was a strange example to give, I never realised you lived there sorry man. I've always wanted to live in the Caribbean, like in Jamaica or Cuba or somewhere. Keith Richards has a house in Jamacia thats probably what started it. New Zealand isn't all it's cracked up to be, but I know i'm lucky to be here.

What the heck Khel, he was just explaining what he meant.
hey everybody!
I'm new here but i saw this topic and though of showing off my atempt for a "homemade" beyblade.

Well, some may not really consider it totally homemade, because i used pieces of beyblades and other stuff i had lying in here, but at least i tried.

It has a nice balance, and can spin for like 3 minutes (and my beystadium is heavly damaged, and has lots of holes... so i think that means something!), and has a great defense too.

here, i have some pics of my baby:

[Image: dsc06038w.jpg]
[Image: dsc06039s.jpg]
[Image: dsc06041.jpg]
[Image: dsc06045.jpg]

And i know... i used a lot of electric tape, but it was the only way i had to hold everything in place when i made it... it was when the beyblade mania started here in Brazil...
Bad thing it disappeared as soon as the first season ended. I only had the opportunity to buy ONE original beyblade! By Hasbro, a Draciel, that was the only model avaiable in the store... i wish i had more of there. i just love the original plastic beyblades! Cute

Anyway, hope you like my creation. Joyful_2
looks like you made a great job of building itStupid why not finish it of by giving it a coat of paint? if done right you will have an awsome blade!
that just looks like a blob no offense but lol electric tape
Something just came to me: Awesome homemade launcher.

Ya know those toy cars with those wind back engines? What if you where to take the motor and the axle out, but the axle in a launcher vertically, with one side coming out of the prongs and the other on top. Attatch the prongs to the axle and on nthe top, put some sort of handle. Then during the countdown, you would vigorously wind up the launcher, and then at "Shoot" (or "Rip") you would let go and your bey would spin.

Thoughts?
(Dec. 20, 2009  8:52 PM)bey tempest Wrote: that just looks like a blob no offense but lol electric tape

heh, no you didn't offend me.

i was also thinking of removing this electric tape and using some contact glue and epoxy to hold everything. i have fixed one attack ring this way here and it worked fine.

firelord, about your idea for a launcher, i've though of this before, but it was because i remembered of the engine gear system lol
anyway, the problem in such system would be making a piece to stop the engines in the highest spin, or your beyblade would spin there till the engine lost power... maybe a trigger that you press to stop the engines when you find its on the full speed, i don't know.
(Dec. 21, 2009  5:03 AM)blackcorvo Wrote: firelord, about your idea for a launcher, i've though of this before, but it was because i remembered of the engine gear system lol
anyway, the problem in such system would be making a piece to stop the engines in the highest spin, or your beyblade would spin there till the engine lost power... maybe a trigger that you press to stop the engines when you find its on the full speed, i don't know.

I never thought of that. Maybe some sort of plunger that you would press down on t0o make the beyblade come off. That might decrease the spin speed though.
(Dec. 21, 2009  5:11 AM)firelord767 Wrote: I never thought of that. Maybe some sort of plunger that you would press down on t0o make the beyblade come off. That might decrease the spin speed though.

i'll try to talk to my dad later about this. he's the mastermind in mechanic stuff XD (since he made 2 courses about it in these last years).
If possible we may think of a simple, mechanical way to make it stop by itself when in the highest spin.
I tink that glue completley bey [all the pices together], make this something very far from what is really a beyblade.

When here in italy we organize homemade Bey tournament, the rules do not allow to glue together none of the pieces. All beyblade, Homemade and Original, should be disassemble piece by piece, and then combined with each other.
Only in this way you can keep all the features of beyblade, further improve with greater creativity.

Otherwise you would get only so many spins completely round and smooth, which would not create any fun except that of building.
Kronin87's right, what blackcorvo's got there is a homemade spinning top, rather than a homemade beyblade..
i see your point, and yeah, you are right. i just made a spinning top that uses the same launching system as the plastic beyblades ^^''
awesome is hre anybdy who wants to talk to me about homemde beys thx
-----------------------ds anybod y knw hw to mk a launcher which gvs the bey a 2000 or dcnt rpm thx pls reply im sad and lonelyUnhappy
im gtting PISSED!!!but nw im relaxedSmilei make hmemade beys wh wants to be my friend im lonelyUnhappy