Homemade Beyblades

(Mar. 22, 2009  4:12 AM)sousa98 Wrote: how big was the launcher?

As big as your hands.
Cause it was your hands.
thats small if it was my hand
Hi! I found this website and I thought it could be useful for making beyblades. I' ve never tried it yet so I don't now if it would work.

http://scitoys.com/scitoys/scitoys/thermo/thermo4.html
Yesterday I made a beyblae out of K-Nex. lulz. They can spin for about 15 seconds and hit eachother about 3 times before they fall down. No launcher though. Any ideas lol?
does anyone have a lathe? that'll make things alot easier if you got/can use one.
lol. that metal that melts in water could be useful. Seems a lil pricey though. lol. anyway to make it at home?xD
Quote:aluminium and plastic...
That wins beyond beleif!

Aluminium foil is common, so it could be melted into molds easy! Maybe i should join the design game...

And lathe is...
Either the images r gone, or my wii is being an ----- again. Probably number 2, but just in case the files aren't showing, i thought i'd post a warning message.
Oh, so its both.

Have u tried making a bey on SketchUp? I'm trying to make a hybrid wheel.
(Aug. 19, 2009  8:42 PM)firelord767 Wrote: That wins beyond beleif!

Aluminium foil is common, so it could be melted into molds easy! Maybe i should join the design game...

And lathe is...

[Image: lathe.jpg]
a lathe. basically (and i mean basically) it spins stuff. im suprised no one here whos tried making a beyblade has used one of these
I know why- oh oh pick me pick me!

It looks big and espensive and Dangerous!

I can get a motor from RadioShack to spin stuff, but not fast enough to like, mold it or change it in any way.
(Aug. 21, 2009  8:08 PM)firelord767 Wrote: I know why- oh oh pick me pick me!

It looks big and espensive and Dangerous!

I can get a motor from RadioShack to spin stuff, but not fast enough to like, mold it or change it in any way.

dangerous? its just your basic power tool dangerous i tihnk. you guys telling my you werent even gonna use say ... an electic sander? thats considered dangerous, very usful indeed. im quite tempted to make my own high performance spinning top now (if only my dad didnt sell his lathe Unhappy )
Well, i could lose a finger with a "Tickle me Elmo", so i think that would be able to kill at least me.
(Aug. 22, 2009  6:54 PM)firelord767 Wrote: Well, i could lose a finger with a "Tickle me Elmo", so i think that would be able to kill at least me.

live a little man, have you spent your life wrapped in cotton wool?

high performance tops will require high performance equipment to preoduce it. if you're not willing to use a machine thats could potentially sand your finger tips off (ie an electric sander) then i cant imagine anyone getting very far is this escepade.

sorry to be the voice of reason, but that really is the way it is. i mean i asked my dad this morning about building a metal beyblade and the first thing he said was "i cant i dont have a lathe anymore danny" so i guess i was right in asuming it was a must-have for this kinda thing. s'up to you guys but if you want quality then i say electric sander, one of those drills that drill straight down (is it a neumatic drill?) and an electric sander for the win.
If I had thousands of dollars and a large room... I'd be mass producing these.

Blue-printing is rather easy for me(been producing blue-prints for other things as well) so it really all comes down to monies, space and the right equipment.

Using the Lathe is easy. Just so long you practice common sense/workshop safety, nothing bad should happen. (I've seen a lot of close calls due to failure to apply common sense in the workshop)
lulz. I made an epic k-nex beyblade, anyone interested in knowing how to make it? Theres a launcher to go with it aswell, it just makes it abit easier to spin if your not good with hand spinning. Its pretty leet and theres alot of designs you could use. ;o

-Working on making a motor launcher now.
(Aug. 24, 2009  7:04 AM)AFanCorp Wrote: If I had thousands of dollars and a large room... I'd be mass producing these.

Blue-printing is rather easy for me(been producing blue-prints for other things as well) so it really all comes down to monies, space and the right equipment.

Using the Lathe is easy. Just so long you practice common sense/workshop safety, nothing bad should happen. (I've seen a lot of close calls due to failure to apply common sense in the workshop)

glad to see im not alone here. nice to see someone else that understands the true extent of how to make decent tops.

tbh, i say everyone get beigoma and just mod those.
(Aug. 24, 2009  2:21 AM)axe_ninja Wrote: live a little man, have you spent your life wrapped in cotton wool?

high performance tops will require high performance equipment to preoduce it. if you're not willing to use a machine thats could potentially sand your finger tips off (ie an electric sander) then i cant imagine anyone getting very far is this escepade.

sorry to be the voice of reason, but that really is the way it is. i mean i asked my dad this morning about building a metal beyblade and the first thing he said was "i cant i dont have a lathe anymore danny" so i guess i was right in asuming it was a must-have for this kinda thing. s'up to you guys but if you want quality then i say electric sander, one of those drills that drill straight down (is it a neumatic drill?) and an electric sander for the win.

I can use electric sander. I should see if dad'l let me.
Then use it if your school will let you. And don't hurt yourself.
i left the school back in june xD doubt they would
Oh. So when you left school, you didn't consider the odds of ever needing to abuse them?

On topic: A small radioshack motor in a ripcord "light" launcher with the switch built into the beypointer (electric drill for them there wires) is a pretty simple motor launcher. 3rd grade difficulty.
Hey guys Well ive done it i think ive found a way to make a homemade beyblade out of nothing but your broken plastic bey parts(when the blades together it wont break)
what you need> you need a small bolt and 2 nuts(haha)you need a magnetcore spingear
an attack ring (plastic) that is made circular aka no points sticking out.a small heavy metal piece and some plastic A dvd case will work
1.take the core out of the spin gear
2.put the head of the bolt in the whole in the middle of the spin gear (make sure you get one that will fit)
3.put the 2 nuts on the bottom of the bolt and tighten (just screw tight with your fingers)
4.put the weight disk on faceing down
5.cut attack ring so that it is smaller than the metal peice(that way the weight disk take all the beating)
6.trace the weight disk outline onto the plastic and cut it out
7.cut out the center so that your launcher can fit through
8.put on before the attack ring (this will keep the blade tight together)
and your done they beat all my hard metal system blades