MF Grand Aquario GB145WB vs. MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F
MF Grand Aquario GB145WB: 6 wins
MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F: 14 wins
Grand win percentage: 30%

MF Grand Aquario R145WB vs. MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F
MF Grand Aquario R145WB: 5 wins
MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F: 15 wins
Grand win percentage: 25%

After seeing the results some people have posted against Defense customs lately, I suppose this is actually OK? I don't know. I mean, the win percentage would surely be increased in tournament situations, but even then, it is not impressive. I need to do more testing with Infinity actually because it got much better results in my testing, particularly against MF Lightning L Drago (unless the switch to R2F made a huge difference, which I doubt, this is somewhat surprising).

Stamina Testing
This is more of a formality, than anything else; I didn't expect Grand to have any sort of Stamina, and I was correct in that assumption:

Grand is an interesting Wheel. It is thicker than even Earth at the thickest point on it's four wings, yet I don't feel it is as good defensively. Perhaps this could be attributed to the fact that at it's weight of 29.3 grams, it is 3.5 grams lighter than the second mold of Earth, and almost a gram lighter than even Infinity. Looking at the underside of Grand reminds me of Escolpio, only not as bad.

EDIT:
Attack Testing
(Aug. 31, 2010  9:37 PM)Kei Wrote: Grand Ketos CH120R2F (120 height) vs. MF Earth Aquario GB145WB
Grand Ketos CH120R2F: 6 wins
MF Earth Aquario GB145WB: 14 wins

I should note that I used WB over RS because we all know that using RS would not really have told us anything. Grand has some Smash Attack early on, as I'm sure a lot of Wheels do, but it's not terribly consistent. There is no reason to use this Wheel for Smash Attack with the numerous amounts of other viable options out there.
This is a grand discussion. Cool Sorry, I had to.

Anyways, I'm sorta disappointed, but I have a tendancy of getting opposite results from you, so I may wait 'til I get a Grand before I swear it sucks.

EDIT: Why Aquario and not Bull, btw?
cause Aquario's clear wheel is one of the heaviest, which makes it good for defense customization (i got that correct yes?)
(Aug. 31, 2010  1:11 AM)Leonwind Wrote: cause Aquario's clear wheel is one of the heaviest, which makes it good for defense customization (i got that correct yes?)

(Aug. 31, 2010  1:07 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Why Aquario and not Bull, btw?

Uncertain Bull is better, which is why I was asking.
(Aug. 31, 2010  1:07 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: This is a grand discussion. Cool Sorry, I had to.

Anyways, I'm sorta disappointed, but I have a tendancy of getting opposite results from you, so I may wait 'til I get a Grand before I swear it sucks.

EDIT: Why Aquario and not Bull, btw?

i knew someone would say that Serious

I don't think it "sucks", it just isn't as good as the other options available. I need to do more testing though.

I always choose Aquario because it seems to me to be more defensively oriented, being thick the entire way around. It's only .1 gram lighter than Bull, so it's a compromise I'm willing to make. And, it just looks better than Bull does in my opinion, haha.
I Had high hopes for grand really high hopes
i agree with you about Bull vs Aquario. Its actualy my favorite clear wheel. Aquario is symetrical, and as said before, defense oriented and thick the entire way around.

Aquarius's birth stone is amethyst (purple quartz) and its element is wind. I am an Aquarius. thats why i admire the bey so much. Wind Aquario perfectly portrays the Aquarius sign in both asthetics and design.
(Aug. 31, 2010  4:12 AM)Leonwind Wrote: Aquarius's birth stone is amethyst (purple quartz) and its element is wind. I am an Aquarius. thats why i admire the bey so much. Wind Aquario perfectly portrays the Aquarius sign in both asthetics and design.

Why do we care?
thats harsh 0_0 but your right. it is off topic.

although i dont personaly recomend it, try Bull next with the same parts and opponent beys. i dought it will make much of a difference but i am curious about the results.
I had higher expectations from Grand Crying
Okay, guys ... can we please try to make productive posts, and stay on-topic? Thanks.

EDIT: 5000 POSTS. Cool
EDIT 2: wow that totally just went against what i said above
Hmm... interesting, perhaps you could test out Grand's smash attack capabilities as well?
(Aug. 31, 2010  10:04 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: Hmm... interesting, perhaps you could test out Grand's smash attack capabilities as well?

Grand Ketos CH120R2F (120 height) vs. MF Earth Aquario GB145WB
Grand Ketos CH120R2F: 6 wins
MF Earth Aquario GB145WB: 14 wins

I should note that I used WB over RS because we all know that using RS would not really have told us anything. Grand has some Smash Attack early on, as I'm sure a lot of Wheels do, but it's not terribly consistent. There is no reason to use this Wheel for Smash Attack with the numerous amounts of other viable options out there.
I have to ask that you test out Grand Bull 145SD. I did some tests with it against uncustomized blades, and it did essentially perfectly. However, I don't have the funds to procure the top-tier combos, so I need someone else to do it.
(Sep. 02, 2010  3:47 AM)Orichalcon Wrote: I have to ask that you test out Grand Bull 145SD. I did some tests with it against uncustomized blades, and it did essentially perfectly. However, I don't have the funds to procure the top-tier combos, so I need someone else to do it.
Grand Pisces DF145B and Grand Bull 145SD should still perform similarly, as I told you.
I have all of those parts except Pisces, and when I tried Grand Bull DF145B, it didn't last nearly as long. I thing SD makes the difference.
(Sep. 02, 2010  3:47 AM)Orichalcon Wrote: I did some tests with it against uncustomized blades, and it did essentially perfectly.

You do realize that uncustomized Beyblades are usually horrible, right?
i gt grand and mf grand bull or capricorne. Gb145 rf is amazin against top tiers as grand is light but with mf and gb it balances it out., but i only have the thungerwhip stadium
Can you test Grand on low tracks? Also with R2F? I think Grand might have use, but it will take some time to figure it out.
(Oct. 08, 2010  3:11 AM)Sagittario96 Wrote: Can you test Grand on low tracks? Also with R2F? I think Grand might have use, but it will take some time to figure it out.

It will get some KOs, surely ... but like I said, there is really no reason to use this when we have so many other more effective options for Attack.
With Grand being one of the tallest metal wheels I think Grand should be used in defensive combo's to protect the spin track from low attackers, because when the spin track is hit it will greatly reduce the beyblade's stamina. Since grand is a very tall wheel, the opposing low attacker such a Vulcan Horuseus 85RF/R2F will make contact with the lower part of the metal wheel and not the spin track.
Unfortunately, I don't have the results to back my theory up as i don't have an attack stadium or a top tier low attacker. So, I am requesting if somebody can help me conduct a test. Any help to support or clarify some mistakes in this theory would be appreciated.
I tried it recently and it ain't great.
Grand suffers recoil, i tried it against LL-Drago and it loses.
(Jan. 30, 2011  11:34 AM)thebeybuster Wrote: the opposing low attacker such a Vulcan Horuseus 85RF/R2F will make contact with the lower part of the metal wheel and not the spin track.

Just because it makes contact with the track doesnt make it bad, for example: 230 wins against attackers under 120 height Serious
Grand seems to have more Attack potential than Defense, because of Grand's wings making recoil when used defensively but being utilized for Smash when in Attack combos. Also, could you test with CS/RSF?