Good old-fashioned Spin-Stealers: How they stack up to the current metagame.

So....Spin-Stealers, when Basalt wasn't around yet, dominated. Now it just faded away. These days, we use spin-stealers as an added effect to our combos. But then what happened to MLD 100WD? Or LDrago 90WF? Even LDrago JB? LLD 100WD? MLD AD145WD?

Well here is one test: (I'll be posting more tomorrow. Tongue_out)

10 rounds
Balance Stadium
MLD AD145D always shot first.

Against Defense
Against Attack
Note: MLD was weak launched during the attack tests.
So...I need more people to test on their own. Spin-stealers MAY even have a chance against attack if used properly with parts and weak launching.

Other Members' Tests
MF-H Meteo LDrago 100WD vs. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
MF-H Meteo LDrago 100WD win rate: 20/20 (20 OS)
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS win rate: 0/20

They still do their job. Need some EDS testing though.
I haven't really done tests but LLD 100 HF/S in HF..was able to equalize in every battle I had against Basalt Aquario DF145 WD but since both are not tiers...I didnt go for 10 tests but of all the tests I had(4-5)..they ended in an exact draw..first LLD BD145 HF/S(HF) used to destabilize Basalt a little and then it used to spin equalize.
Can someone try to do a test using LLD (Upper mode) D125 WD?
I'll tests it against MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 CS today..but I'll post the results tomorrow..I'm too sleepy to open WBO again after the tests
Meteo L Drago 145 D VS MF-H Basalt Horogium BD145 CS
almost the same like beybladepotters combo..but yeah..this is for my (and peace) results
MLD 145 D winning rate : 9/10 (OS/90%)
MF-H Basalt H. BD145 CS : 1/10 (OS/10%)
even sometime draw,it is redo...
any height that could let the rubber in contact with basalt metal wheel surely will outspin basalt..

EDIT:another test...

Meteo L Drago 145 W2D VS MF-H Basalt Horogium BD145 CS
MLD 145 W2D winning rate : 10/10 (OS/100%)
MF-H Basalt H. BD145 CS : 0/10 (OS/0%)
hhhm, it seems that all beys that were classed as bad are turning out to be good now, i will definitely try this when i get my meteo L-drago
Can someone test the same combos against Basalt ____ BD145MB?
I think this topic will be really interesting to revisit when BGrin comes out. Smile

I never liked the "sucks to your meteo l dragtechnicality" topic. It doesn't take into account destabilization.

These tests are really cool, and I was honestly surprised with a few of them.

But could someone try one thing for like 5-10 quick matches?
Meteo L Drago 85/90WD vs Flame Whatever ED145WD/EDS.

Just to see how much ED145 will reduce the spin stealqualization from underneath. And maybe if EDS does the same.
(Sep. 02, 2011  5:25 PM)Benjohadi Wrote: Meteo L Drago 145 W2D VS MF-H Basalt Horogium BD145 CS
MLD 145 W2D winning rate : 10/10 (OS/100%)
MF-H Basalt H. BD145 CS : 0/10 (OS/0%)

Finally someone else sees that W2D is really good. i thought that i was alone O_O
erm can we test against something that doesn't have a rubber bottom... Also testing for LDD would be good.
Well TBH a lot of people think CS should even be added to stamina, also that is a prominent combination so.....
I agree though, some real stamina testing would be good.
That is a rediculous notion, it's a rubber bottom. It's a balance part not stamina I say.
I said a lot of people.
I didn't say myself included.
TBH its plastic-rubber sooo....
Balance? ugh.
Balance is a much more suitable type allocation for CS than Stamina.
Meteo L Drago 100EDS Vs Hell Aquario BD145WD
Hell wins : 10 (8OS , 2KO)
Meteo wins : 0

Ill do basalt tests later , but meteo just couldn't get the win.
I would love to actually see BGrin once it arrives as Shabalabadoo mentioned.

SOme great tests we have here, haha negative negative with EDS
I'd also mention MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF is a spin-stealer. Which obliterates all prominent defense combinations.
Meteo L Drago 100WD VS Hell Aquario BD145WD
Meteo wins : 0
Hell wins :10 all OS

LOL no KO's it came close though , ill do basalt tests later.
Just wanted to point out its spin equalization, not spin steal... if it were spin steal, then these left spin combos would have high win rates because they literally take the spin from the other bey and transfer it into their own spin... however, since they rarely win unless they are launched weaker than the other bey, hence spin equaliazation.
Did you read the results? It did better in more places than where it didn't. If that sentence makes sense.

Spin equalization doesn't mean that it'll always be a tie.

Edit: and I'm pretty sure that nobody specifically launched the spin stealqualizer weak, otherwise it would've been specified.
Nwolf, you don't need MLD. You can test with LLD, LDD and even pre-HWS system LDrago.
Well so I tested LLD D125 WD against MF-HBasalt Kerbecs BD145 CS yesterday..but it didnt do very well...only 10% win rate...and BTW LLD BD145 HF/S in HF as I said..did great against Basalt Kerbecs DF145 CS..won 70%..but since I dont have another BD145..can someone test it against MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 CS for me?
Your only testing against CS so it is obviously going to win by OS if it isn't KOd first. These combos really only work against defence types with low-ish stamina. Try this against some attack types and see what happens.
Gah.My tests:-
MLD 90WD VS Basalt Bull 100WD(I don't have a spare 100,so I used 90 for MLD)
Standard Procedures
MLD:-15
HK:-5
Wee!