GFX Tournament: Beybladepotter VS Othellog!

ohhhh ok, if thats the case, i feel like switching to Entry 1 but whats done is done.
@Izuma : Lol why would you even want to join ? Last tourney you dropped out in round 1 and I took your spot ...

Also, is fan art so bad if we simply give them credit in the signature ?
Japanese artists insist that permission gets asked, and from what I remember the artist was probably Japanese.
Am I the only one that thinks it might be from a poster? Lots of times the posters have different art styles, but are still official. But at the same time it kinda does look like fan art. :\
(Sep. 15, 2011  3:40 PM)Kinetic Wrote: Am I the only one that thinks it might be from a poster? Lots of times the posters have different art styles, but are still official. But at the same time it kinda does look like fan art. :\
Ya, that might be a option.
I think it is fan-art because of the way the lines are drawn, but I see what your saying.
I hope that is poster art, I want a real battle.

(Sep. 15, 2011  2:28 PM)blah Wrote: @Izuma : Lol why would you even want to join ? Last tourney you dropped out in round 1 and I took your spot ...

I dropped out due to the fact that my parents had restricted my from the WBO for a while..... im ok now. I guess you didnt know the real story blah.
It is definitely not from a poster. I saw the site of the artist one day. It is not official Digimon art.
(Sep. 15, 2011  6:02 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It is definitely not from a poster. I saw the site of the artist one day. It is not official Digimon art.
Well, if there is no way that it is poster art, then its fan art.
I don't understand why we are waiting for three days for a link when you said it is fan art.

I just found the artist's personal website again. It clearly says : "Do not distribute any art without permission." And this comes from a Japanese. "Distribute" and "use" are two different words and concepts, but using is much worse than just redistributing.

Therefore, I do not know what you want to do in such cases in this 'tournament', but it is fanart, if anybody was still unsure.
If that is so, I announce othellog as the winner of this round by default.
*Sigh*
I'm not going to get to the finals by default wins again.....
Dammit, I put work into this entry. I mean, its either the opponents entry sucks, or it gets DQ'ed, oh well.
I do like you entry though, BP, even though, it was, fan-art.
BTW Kai-V the render didn't have any of the effects on it.
Lol. I feel bad for you othellog. Uncertain
(Sep. 17, 2011  1:19 PM)othellog Wrote: BTW Kai-V the render didn't have any of the effects on it.

What ? The only thing that is different is the Cinema 4D in the background which is overused and which does not affect this render, and the really bad flames in the foreground. What I meant earlier by "effects" and which I am sure the other person was also referring to is the lighting on the render, which is already there.
I'm not trying to start anything bad, but I'm starting to think this is official art. I think it's from a digimon card, and I've owned hundreds of digimon cards, and like yu-gi-oh and pokemon, there are lots and lots of art styles too. If you look at this Agumon card or this risegreymon card, they have a very similar look to them.
Yo, I used to be into Digimon a lot. I know of all those cards. Yesterday, I clearly posted that I was able to check the artist's personal site. Why are you even trying to find something when I know what I am talking about, just like I know what pictures of Beyblade are fanart and which ones are official pictures. That image of Flamedramon is a fanart, there is nothing to debate about.
Oh dear, now I do wonder why. It must be because I misread your earlier post, thinking it meant it wasn't from the animation artist. I had just woken up and did not read your next post, but I wanted to help BP out, as a fellow community member. But obviously you know more than I, and you know everything there is to know there, while I, being magnificently ignorant, still tried to help BP's case looking through dozens of digimon cards, because lots of the time, they use different artists, so I couldn't tell whether it was official, or if it was fan art. Now coming back to this thread after looking even more, now I know that what I did was a huge waste of time, making me feel like garbage for even trying. Sorry for not being as intellectually adept as you, so thanks. Really.
You could also just lift the sarcasm, be mature and just accept that you were wrong. A good response would have been : "Oh, sorry, I hadn't read your previous posts." That would have been totally fine, and you would show a proper attitude. You write "Really." and all, but many expressions in your post show clear sarcasm.
I think it will be better if this thread is closed to avoid more talking

so, othellog wins by default. BP, we need to talk...