Digital Scales

Weight is a very important aspect of Beyblade. Different varieties of the same part can have different weights. A very famous example of this is the 17g CWD included in RBA2, but even parts of the same mold and release can have weight differences of a gram merely due to manufacturing variables. Owning a small digital scale is a great way to increase your advantage.

Buying a scale with at least .01g accuracy is important. 1g and .1g isn't accurate enough to be able to clearly tell the difference between parts.

The best part is that scales are fairly inexpensive. Here is the model I got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-x-0-01-Gram-Digi...m153.l1262
they seem cool sinice i dont know if i have the 15g circle wide or not like wise with my core from magical ape it seems the same as from gaia dragoon ms but theres suspose to be a gram or 2 diffrence so i might get round to getting one.
The gram or two difference would be from the fact that Magical Ape MS's RC has a screw in it for some reason.

It's definitely a good investment if you have a lot of the same part.
(Oct. 18, 2008  10:35 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: The gram or two difference would be from the fact that Magical Ape MS's RC has a screw in it for some reason.

It's definitely a good investment if you have a lot of the same part.

yeah cause i need to find out witch of my wide suvivors is more balanced cause the digi scale seems alot better then testiung about solo spin times 10+ times.
The scale is only going to tell you the overall weight, not the balance.
(Oct. 18, 2008  10:39 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: The scale is only going to tell you the overall weight, not the balance.

erm i thoght the more weght the wide suvivor has the more balance thts what ive heard cause i think there like 12-13 grams but a freind weght one witch was a bit over 13 i think it was a plated blue one witch got a hight solo spin time then our others but yeah im probly gonna invest in one just to get a bit of an advantage.
Why would the weight determine balance? You don't know how the weight is distributed.
(Oct. 18, 2008  10:45 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Why would the weight determine balance? You don't know how the weight is distributed.

erm i swear i read it in damashii i dont nkow ive just had that theroy for a londg time sinice that was the result when testing it out agaist spark disk wide suvivor wide defence and plated and the heavyer had alomost a perfect win rate.
(Oct. 18, 2008  10:48 AM)darkbladerx200 Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2008  10:45 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Why would the weight determine balance? You don't know how the weight is distributed.

erm i swear i read it in damashii i dont nkow ive just had that theroy for a londg time sinice that was the result when testing it out agaist spark disk wide suvivor wide defence and plated and the heavyer had alomost a perfect win rate.

Heavier pieces generally can stay balanced longer while spinning. But, heavier pieces do not necessarily have balanced weight distribution. What Brad means is, say, between two pieces with similar weight, which one is better balanced? If one side is heavier than the other, it is more likely to topple.
Nic, what would you use to measure the balance of a part?
I'm still using mine. I scaled out one of my 17 g WD pieces to weighing at 17.7 g. I also confirmed that my Takara Draciel MS WD weighs only 14.5 g.

I'll see if I can hunt down the project Arch and I were trying to work on back in the OtC days. I think it concluded that most WD had a + of .02-.04 g in weight.
this doesnt look like a bad idea and the price is cheap, i might concider buying one.
I definitely advise anyone with multiple CWDs to buy a digital scale. That, and you can improve the weight of certain parts, like Circle Upper and Samurai Upper.
Thanks for reminding me about this, I'll have to pick one up sometime.
This is definitely, a better alternitive to do solo spins. Good lookin' out!
(Oct. 18, 2008  11:42 PM)Synesthesia Wrote: I definitely advise anyone with multiple CWDs to buy a digital scale. That, and you can improve the weight of certain parts, like Circle Upper and Samurai Upper.

hmmm true. i have a few CWD's so i could use the one which is heaviest ;-)
I need to get one, not just for Beyblade, as I want to get into Chemistry.
Just to prove how important this is, I just weighed all of my CWDs:

Lightest: 14.29g
Heaviest: 17.74g

There is a 3.5g difference here. That's huge.
What's the heaviest you got for the WD pieces that isn't from RBA2?
The heaviest RBA2 CWD I've weighed out was 17.66 grams, and the lightest was 17.17 grams.
(Oct. 20, 2008  12:15 AM)G Wrote: What's the heaviest you got for the WD pieces that isn't from RBA2?

17.74. Some tournament special thing.

Out of basic CWDs, about 15.3g
Out of 11 Circle Wides, two being Draciel MS Circle Wides, I got these weights:

5 Circle Wides were 13.45 - 13.98

4 Circle Wides were 13.30 - 13.38

The two Draciel MS Circle Wides were 14.57 and 14.59.
I just picked up a scale online. Here is the website for scale reviews.

http://digitalscale.com/scalemagazine.htm

The Palmscale 7 is going to be the most accurate, but I picked up something that has good reviews and is inexpensive. If you want extreme accuracy for competitive tournament play, consider getting the Palmscale 7 with the 200g capacity and .01g accuracy. You won't have to take your Beyblade apart to weigh it here and it is a higher quality scale, so you will have more precise measurements. The matchbox scale should be good for most of us, though. According to what I read on the site, I don't recommend buying from eBay. If you want an accurate scale, go with the reviews on this site. They do their tests in controlled environments and don't sell anything of their own, so they aren't biased towards any particular company.

http://digitalscale.com/Matchbox-scales.htm

I got the matchbox scale. The brown sugar one. It cost me 21 dollars at saveonscales.com.
http://www.saveonscales.com/product_js_m...eries.html

I got the 50gx.01g model and a 50g calibration weight. The total for my order including shipping was $34.75 USD, I believe. You need the calibration weight to ensure you are getting accurate measurements. Be sure not to overload the scale, so weigh your Beyblade while it is disassembled because some can weigh over 50 grams (if I recall correctly). Overloading the scale will destroy it, so be careful not to have it in your back pocket or throw it in a bag or anything like that.

I'm going to provide part weights for MFB parts when the scale comes in the mail.
Very good topic. I've looked around never bought one though. brad I like yours

You can also consider a triple beam balance scale. WARNING: BALLER expensive but ebay is you bff. imo these are by far the best. Calibration is simple. used in chemistry. LOL

I have but one nitpick.

Brad please change the OP to say mass instead of weight.
why

how is weight not accurate